Opinion Name 3 things you would like to see in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Oscar Allen back and firing.
2. Wins against the odds (home and away) - ala 2002 which was a fun year.
3. 2-3 young guys really breaking through with exciting years.
4. (Sorry I’m greedy) Return to form/from injury for our established players - especially Andrew Gaff who has played so much good footy for us and is getting dragged like a common spud.

1. Average around 50 or more I50 per game. Give the forwards a chance to get on the board more consistently, plus it will be a real indicator that some of our structural and ball movement issues are being addressed.

2. Concede 100 points Less than 7-8 times. Basically halve what we coughed up in '22 (15 over 100 and another couple in the 90's :barf)

3. Have a fit list of seniors but a MC brave enough to be engaging in an obvious plan to expose and develop our youth to the level - hopefully not in 1 sided turkey shoots.

Better percentage on the ladder to reflect that we're heading in the right direction with our competitiveness (an upset or two, more honourable losses)

A glimmer of hope from our Midfield Saviours™

Game continuity from the boys who were struck down with horrible injuries last year, with a healthier list overall. Should compound to a more competitive WAFL side also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My realistic top 3 would read like a Freo supporter (beat Norf, beat Freo etc) so I'll go with something a bit less realistic:

1. A percentage of around 100 meaning we've been competitive more often than not
2. Oscar Allen plays every game as a permanent forward
3. We have the most Rising Star nominations in the comp

1. Full forward staying at full forward position not trying to take marks at half back, and leading towards the ball carrier not backwards
2. Lots of games into the young guys
3. Another trade period as we had this year, unfortunately that means another bottom 2 position which i suspect could happen.

Being a greedy Kent I want four things:

1. The margin of any loss be to no more than 20 points.

2. Three rising star nominations.

3. Evidence of a new more effective game plan.

4.The Club and or Nissy announce the succession plan for the CEO position.

I am not at all fussed if we don’t win many games and finish down the bottom again, providing we give the youth a good exposed run in the league AND we reduce the magnitude of the drubbings that we have endured the past few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back