Name change WTF!!

Remove this Banner Ad

kick it long said:
You have already had to change your name !!! On the ladder , which by the way I am sure we will still see the word Hawthorn, we dont see North Melbourne.

Yes, he said we had changed our name. The Kangas are finacially poor and need to try everything to stay alive, that's a fact we live with. What is the Hawks excuse for selling it's home games and identity?

Good point about the name though, on the 1996 Premiership cup it says North Melbourne, on the 1999 one it says Kangaroos - oh the pain!

Tasroo said:
Yes, he said we had changed our name. The Kangas are finacially poor and need to try everything to stay alive, that's a fact we live with. What is the Hawks excuse for selling it's home games and identity?

Good point about the name though, on the 1996 Premiership cup it says North Melbourne, on the 1999 one it says Kangaroos - oh the pain!

^Seeing im from Darwin, and have never lived in Melbourne I dont have real trouble of selling home games, I think 4 is a bit to much though. But I have no idea why the hell we would wanna sell out to have tasmania printed on our gurnsey.

Tasroo said:

Actually we're still the North Melbourne Football Club as a legal identity. The Kangaroos is our trading name. (The sooner we go back to North the better)

Roughie said:
^Seeing im from Darwin, and have never lived in Melbourne I dont have real trouble of selling home games, I think 4 is a bit to much though. But I have no idea why the hell we would wanna sell out to have tasmania printed on our gurnsey.

Can't look worse than what Tassie currently wear.

kick it long said:
You have already had to change your name !!! On the ladder , which by the way I am sure we will still see the word Hawthorn, we dont see North Melbourne.

Read my post - thats what I said.
We have already changed our name but not to reflect a sponsors name. You will be on the ladder as the Tassy Hawks - we will be the Kangaroos.

Anyway I'm not having a go at the Hawks - it sounds like a great deal and I reckon if the Gold Coast deal was worth it our board would have a long hard think about it.

gokangas said:
We have already changed our name but not to reflect a sponsors name. You will be on the ladder as the Tassy Hawks - we will be the Kangaroos.

Anyway I'm not having a go at the Hawks - it sounds like a great deal and I reckon if the Gold Coast deal was worth it our board would have a long hard think about it.
I'm pretty sure the ladder will say Hawthorn, it doesn't currently HSBC on the ladder.

I never really hear HSBC that much anyway, but Tassie is a weird sponsor to have I spose because it represents a state that Hawthorn wasn't founded in.

cschreuder61 said:
I'm pretty sure the ladder will say Hawthorn, it doesn't currently HSBC on the ladder.

I never really hear HSBC that much anyway, but Tassie is a weird sponsor to have I spose because it represents a state that Hawthorn wasn't founded in.

I am so confused... i glad we have the money, i'm glad we have financially secured ourselves and are now going to be one of the richest clubs in the country... but damn, its a bit scary where it is heading. Surely Tassie will never hold an AFL team, cos they arent big enough, ground is too small, not enough people etc... but they look to be doing a good job.

At the end of 5 yrs, will we extend? Or will we get ourselves into this great financial position, and then stay in melbourne?

ha ha ha tassie hawks,oh well not long now before your relocated down there full time.your own fault for voting that ******** president in

Naming rights sponsor. Its not that hard to understand

At the moment HSBC have the naming rights. We are referred to as the HSBC hawks at promotional events and what not, but our team name is the hawthorn hawks.

I would hate to see us relocate to tassie. I dont think it will happen, because we are not struggling at all financially. This is a big cash injection, and with our current list we should start to see a lot more on field success and hence see membership growth. When the 5 years is up i doubt we will relocate or anything silly like that, because frankly we wont need to. We just moved into our state of the art facilities at waverly, so i dunno why all the relocation talk!

So what. Some ppl will give us **** and call us the tassie hawks. On the flipside, it will encourage tasmanians to sign up as members, and inject more money into the club.

stock standard collingwood oxygen thief who should have been swallowed

welcome441.gif

Buddylicious

gokangas said:

Yeah , I did miss read his post. But let me tell you this - we will be listed on the ladder as Hawthorn. How stupid are you people, Tassie is just a brand, just like HSBC, I didnt see us listed as HSBC Hawks on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A map of Tassie on your jumpers is pretty appropriate I think!

But seriously, it will be great to have a Tassie team in the AFL next season. I hope in the heritage round they allow them to play in the Tasmanian state jumper!

Hawkk said:
Even if we did relocate - which we are most certainly not, it wouldn't hide the fact that we have twice as many supporters as you.

Yep, I'll give you that, you'll be in a one team state so you'll certainly have heaps more supporters, no hiding that!

Hawkk said:
Supporters 14+

Hawthorn Hawks 362,000
Kangaroos 210,000

GO FIGURE

We have that many? Go figure!! Go us!!!

People tend to be getting a little insecure when they start saying my member-ship is bigger then yours. Seems like your club has just sold off 4 games a year that your larger member-ship can't go and watch!

But, I guess you're all a "happy team at Tassie" or is it "in Tassie"?

whether we be the hawthorn hawks or tassie hawks or watever it still doesn't change the fact that they are still only the kangaroos...a pitiful excuse for a club who cant even afford a town for their name...well we've got a whole state! perhaps the kangas could change their name to the 'Melbourne Fire Brigade Kangaroos,' they seem to make more regular appearances than their supporters...

Memo to Tasroo..

Unlike the North Melbourne/Kangaroos, or whoever you are, ALL our Premiership cups have HAWTHORN FOOTBALL CLUB engraved on them.
And while I am at it, why do you still sing North Melbourne, North Melbourne in your club footy song.??? I thought you changed your name, but then maybe I am wrong... hehehehe....It's not us that has an identity crisis!!We know who we are...The Hawthorn Hawks..and always will be..

Im not a huge fan. I like the money, but this is getting all to ridiculous for my liking.

Hawthorn should have pushed for the rights of Tasmanian under 18 players, then ill be happy.. ;)

I hate it with a passion and i am a Tasmanian!!! We are the Hawthorn Hawks not the "Tassie Hawks"!! Get it right Kennett and Co.:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Name change WTF!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back