Name that tiger ...

Remove this Banner Ad

902716.jpg

Ben Hollands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sif you don't know your Eurocopter Tiger (or Tigre in Spain)!...Government is getting like 20 of them 1 for basically every pilot we have.

No.. never heard of any of that. Sorry I dont watch or read the news... just footy news :eek:

Why is it called a Tiger.. Can it only lift 9 feet off the ground? Can it go through copios amounts of Pilots(coaches) and still not get the job done? Can it Spit(rain fire) upon it's own citizens?

Cant believe Im inadvertently trolling my own club :(

Cant believe Im inadvertently trolling my own club :(

Welcome to the off season.....

Nah they bought them like a couple of years back, they just take ages to be delivered. I just know it cos I used to go to airshows and was obsessed with all things air-warfare-ish as a youngen. I just like how helicopters are named after some bringer of death in some way.

Im interested in boats/ships in a similar way.

The real Tiger is near extinction and I think it would be a good inititaive by the club to get some kind of breeding program sponsoring real Tigers at the Melb Zoo(if its still there and not a joke). Maybe one day they could escape the zoo and destroy/maim that club that is just over the road from said zoo?

Consider a Tiger program at the Zoo where every kid loves to go and seeing the Tiger jumper all over the exhibit. We could even put a Richmond jumper on a real Tiger... now that's where McMahon can really earn his dollars.

Perhaps this belongs in the RFC Official thread.

I had an IT teacher at school who used to be very knowledgable about tanks, especially WW2 tanks. So we used to just ask him some question about it and he would just ramble on about anything vaguely connected to WW2 for the next 2 periods, while we meanwhile would create havoc on the school computers. Those were the days...

But back to Tigers...very sad...I remember reading that they are known to rarely in some cases attack and kill crocodiles, leopards, pythons, brown bears and wolves. I don't know why we don't have some type of program like that. I'm sure that dropping McMahon into the tiger enclosure would be very interesting viewing for all RFC members.

Speaking of enclosures, my old man back in the day working for a power company got called out to the Zoo. Pitch black, dead of night but they rang a keeper or something somewhere in the zoo and he said he'd unlock some of the gates/doors so they could cut through behind some of the enclosures. Anyway, problem was they couldn't get in to start with, so using a ladder they got over the fence....pitch black remember...stumbled through til they got to another fence...climbed that...unlocked a gate walked through to another gate eventually...where they were met by the keeper go...who lunged for the gate behind them slamming it shut. My old man was like " you alright champ?"...keeper goes "Yeah but you guys nearly weren't"...clicks on his torch shines it on the little poster thing showing a picture of a Tiger. Turns out my old man and his mate had jumped into the gorilla enclosure then through the tiger enclosure. He hates the zoo.

I had an IT teacher at school who used to be very knowledgable about tanks, especially WW2 tanks. So we used to just ask him some question about it and he would just ramble on about anything vaguely connected to WW2 for the next 2 periods, while we meanwhile would create havoc on the school computers. Those were the days...

But back to Tigers...very sad...I remember reading that they are known to rarely in some cases attack and kill crocodiles, leopards, pythons, brown bears and wolves. I don't know why we don't have some type of program like that. I'm sure that dropping McMahon into the tiger enclosure would be very interesting viewing for all RFC members.

Speaking of enclosures, my old man back in the day working for a power company got called out to the Zoo. Pitch black, dead of night but they rang a keeper or something somewhere in the zoo and he said he'd unlock some of the gates/doors so they could cut through behind some of the enclosures. Anyway, problem was they couldn't get in to start with, so using a ladder they got over the fence....pitch black remember...stumbled through til they got to another fence...climbed that...unlocked a gate walked through to another gate eventually...where they were met by the keeper go...who lunged for the gate behind them slamming it shut. My old man was like " you alright champ?"...keeper goes "Yeah but you guys nearly weren't"...clicks on his torch shines it on the little poster thing showing a picture of a Tiger. Turns out my old man and his mate had jumped into the gorilla enclosure then through the tiger enclosure. He hates the zoo.

Great story, I can imagine the Gorilla's just sitting there scratching their head going WTF as two blokes go through their enclosure!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Name that tiger ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back