Name your Best and Worst Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate radio commentators way more than their TV counterparts so I'll go for:

Best: Karl Langdon, Smoky Dawson

Worst: Basil Zempilas [when on], Robert Walls, QuarterBrain, Watson...list goes on

Commetti is still good but fading slowly.

In Memoriam: Clinton Grybas....he was the best of all

here here, was equally great on both radio and tv

best: maybe dennis, hudson is alright
worst: buckley when collingwood plays, but definetely the ox on the other occasions

Best: Dennis. I like Buckley. I think he is pretty good when collingwood play. he is pretty unbiased for an ex player. I actually have a new level of respect of him because of it.

Worst: Dwayne Russel. Cant stand him. have to listen to his crap every week because foxtel usually have the perth game. don't like the ones that are biased to the team they support. Walls, lane and Jako.

Don't have Fox, so i can only go on radio and commercial tv:

Best:
Brian 'Brissle-man' Taylor
Denis Commetti
Gerard Wately
Special Comments: Nathan Buckley/The Chief/Garry Lyon
Boundary Rider: The bloke that does subiaco games for 10 (name?)

Worst:
Chriso
Dwayne
Special Comments: Malcolm Blight/The Ox/Tim Watson/Robert Walls (Lane: "What do you think of 'player x' Robert?" --- Walls: "He's a star")

Just listened to a game on the radio for the first time in a while. Damn, how much better is the MMM team than Channel 7? Might listen to them instead of the TV come finals time. No video either seeing as the games probably wont be live (Friday night I am certain wont be).

best: BT/JB off triple m. each a very good commentator on their own, but work incredibly well as a duo. can make the most boring of games exciting.

worst: michael bloody voss. good luck with coaching the lions, mate. i'd be glad to be rid of you off the telly. "blah blah blah brisbane blah blah and if we just stop the tape there..." his half time "analysis reports" make me cry.

best john casey:

"heres shaun burgoyne and he goes to work, port adelaide get their 2nd":thumbsu:

stephen quartermains bias was fairly evident sat night...

Best : Brian Taylor

Worst: Robert Walls for stating the obvious. Along with Malcom Blight for saying that Buddy should hold the ball like a tube of tooth paste to fix his goal kicking... :confused:

Best: Dennis Cometti, Brian Taylor, James Brayshaw

Worst: Dwayne Russell, Malcolm Blight

BTW, best of all time-TV: Peter Landy, Lou Richards, Bob Skilton (special comments)
Radio: Ian Major & Jack Dyer-'The Captain & The Major'

Best: Andrew Jarman and Danny Frawley.

Worst: Glenn Jakovich - most biased commentator I have ever heard in any sport.

Best
Sandy Roberts

Worst
Robert Walls (complete buffoon, states the bleeding obvious every time he opens his useless trap)

Glen Jakovich (most biased peanut on TV)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best: Huddo, BT, Dennis Com, Gary Lyon, Quarters

Bad: Dwayne Russell

Worst: David Schwarz (Should not do Collingwood and/or Melbourne games)

Best - Pretty much all of the commentators who are there on ability as it is their job as sports commentator/journalists such as Bruce, Cometti, Sandy, Huddo, Quarters etc

Worst - Pretty much all ex footballers/ coaches excluding Buckley and Blight.

Most hate goes to Walls - just a flip flopping captain obvious who adds absolutely nothing, Brayshaw and BT (over rated baffons who have taken over from Rex Hunt and Sam Newman in their desire for attention).

Best - Pretty much all of the commentators who are there on ability as it is their job as sports commentator/journalists such as Bruce, Cometti, Sandy, Huddo, Quarters etc

Worst - Pretty much all ex footballers/ coaches excluding Buckley and Blight.

Most hate goes to Walls - just a flip flopping captain obvious who adds absolutely nothing, Brayshaw and BT (over rated baffons who have taken over from Rex Hunt and Sam Newman in their desire for attention).

Bad taste.

BEST: Glen Mitchel (ABC Radio... hope I spelled his name right). Doesn't anyone else like him? He's great, he commentates (a dying art) with just a little bit of humour.

WORST: VOSSY. Seeya later Vossy, enjoy coaching and make sure you do it well. We don't want to see you back at the NAB OverAnalyser.

Current:

Best - Dennis, Bruce, Tim Lane
Gerard Healy, Buckley
Worst - John Casey ("And they've kicked "X" goals in "X" minutes"), Quarterman (Least amount of personality in the box of anyone)
Jakovich (Unless your a WCE supporter, then he is probably the best)
Ox (Biggest clown on TV)

All-Time:

Best - Bruce, Dennis (wow lucky they are back), Peter McKenna, Ian Robertson, Sandy Roberts

Worst - Actually the current crop from above fit the bill

Remove this Banner Ad

Name your Best and Worst Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back