Name your Best and Worst Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

i dont know how anyone can say bruce, quarters and dennis commetti are the best going around at the moment. bruce was never good. quarters, he should stuck with basketball. dennis has become the most unfunniest person in the country over the last 2 years. he needs to go back to 9

the best is still gribas and he isnt even alive. rip the best still clinton gribas

It is an absolute joke and complete conflict of interests that Olarenshaw is a player agent and a boundary rider.

...is that fair dinkum?
How do you know?
If it is then I'm right with you. What bollocks.

Wonder how members of the Players' Association feel about that. I'd be sending out a memo to all members to ignore Olarenshaw's requests for interviews until he decides if he's one or the other.

...is that fair dinkum?
How do you know?

Wonder how members of the Players' Association feel about that. I'd be sending out a memo to all members to ignore Olarenshaw's requests for interviews until he decides if he's one or the other.

Can't remember his clientell but def a player agent.

...is that fair dinkum?
How do you know?

Cooney is one of many on his books.

RICK Olarenshaw is best known for wearing flashy suits on the boundary, but he was in shorts and thongs at the scene of his biggest conquest.
The part-time Channel 7 staffer and full-time player manager still can't believe how his luck unfolded on a scorching February night in 2003.
Like every other manager in the country, Olarenshaw had a strawberry-haired kid called Adam Cooney in his sights as a potential client....

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24718053-5014665,00.html

Not sure of his name but the bloke who used to be a boundary rider for West Coast and Freo games was terrible. I think he was on fox and back in 05/06 he used to shit my off like you wouldn't believe.

Rexie, BT and Jim Bob are by far the best. But Rex Hunt > All.

Not sure of his name but the bloke who used to be a boundary rider for West Coast and Freo games was terrible. I think he was on fox and back in 05/06 he used to shit my off like you wouldn't believe.

Rexie, BT and Jim Bob are by far the best. But Rex Hunt > All.

Tim Gossage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't remember his clientell but def a player agent.

...if you haven't already, read the article hyperlinked below.

Thanks for the link PG:thumbsu: It's a good article except for the fact that it doesn't lead with the conflict-of-interest issue.

This is very serious for the players. If their own managers aren't on this already they ought to be. Olarenshaw's in an obvious position to manipulate the market to line his own pockets at the expense of players he doesn't have on his books, and in favour of the kids he's courting for representation.

Liam Pickering as well... how many others?!

Well one club chairman is still a commentator and one club president used to be a commentator...

I see the club chair/commentator issue differently than the manager/commentator issue. Commentator/managers have the power to promote players during broadcast, who may not otherwise become more popular. If they do, and land endorsements as a result, the manager then stands to make a percentage. This potential is even stronger with boundary riders who are managers.

7 sticking with the Ox is no good for their credibility, but should provide some more entertainment on Sunday afternoons.

Darn it though, the standard of sports commentating in Aust. is laughably poor. In AFL you got the Ox, Olarenshaw on ch7, Russell on FOX and Walls and Lane on ch.10. And a lot of the others are only a cut above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Name your Best and Worst Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back