Opinion Nat Fyfe contracts on hold until end of season

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha imagine we landed 2 of Fyfe, Cameron and Dangerfield.

The world would lose its shit!
John Elliot would accuse us of salary cap cheating.

Not too keen on Dangerfield, I would rather Cameron and Fyfe for sure with Cameron being on top of the two.

I love Cameron, any player that can kick straight and finish third in the Coleman in their second year is a gun while playing for the team that finished last, is just an amazing effort.

We are set in the midfield for the future so Fyfe is less of necessity for us but a young key forward who grew up supporting us and will be the best forward in a long time, is what we need. As long as we don't lose Beams and Pendlebury I don't care who we trade, I want him at Collingwood next year!

The beauty of adding Fyfe is that we would then have 4 absolute A grade mids with a couple of quality mids at the next level which makes any combination we put there throughout a game un matchable.

Fyfe is an absolute star, who should still have improvement in him.
I would put his value at around 800k-1m per season. Freo may be able to get him to sign at the lower end of, or below, that range - but any other club would have to be offering well over 1m to get him, and even then Freo would probably match.
I don't think there's any realistic chance of him leaving unless the Dockers have a very poor season.

The beauty of adding Fyfe is that we would then have 4 absolute A grade mids with a couple of quality mids at the next level which makes any combination we put there throughout a game un matchable.

As good as our mids are, we seem to be regularly beaten in clearances etc. I guess this has a lot to do with our ruck division, but it's something we need to desperately improve.

In regards to the actual topic - I'd love Fyfe, but a fear the price may be too much.

The Free Agency impact means that every year there will be half a dozen A graders up for a possible change of club and everyone of them will almost certainly be linked to us in the media or by some poster or another.
I think most will end up signing with the club they are at, a couple a year will change clubs and perhaps one player every two or three years might actually end up with us.

I would take either Dangerfield or Fyfe. Both great players - it depends on what the coaching staff decide we need more - explosive speed and accurate kick or tall midfielder with pace. Both are very good at getting the ball. We won't get both. Getting just one of these two seems unlikely anyway.

John Elliot would accuse us of salary cap cheating.

We are set in the midfield for the future so Fyfe is less of necessity for us but a young key forward who grew up supporting us and will be the best forward in a long time, is what we need. As long as we don't lose Beams and Pendlebury I don't care who we trade, I want him at Collingwood next year!
I would add elliott to this list

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Nat Fyfe contracts on hold until end of season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back