Nathan Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

Cognitive dissonance sure is a fascinating phenomenon, after three years and the mountain of evidence I seriously can't understand how you can possibly still think Essendon was stitched up :drunk:

New PR article I just saw about how poor Dustin Fletcher can't watch his son play footy or coach because of the ban? Well I'm sure then he'd be happy for that son to be injected by his football club with random ******* concoctions they got from a place in China not qualified to provide samples for human consumption. That's what they're trying to prevent happening again by banning you Dustin. After 100 years of playing football for the Dons you'd think a 1000% increase in amount of injections you receive would ring a few alarm bells right? Dustin Jobe Spike and friendos all knew or at least realised pretty quickly they were doping, the only players I feel sorry for are the 18-20 year olds
Watched Dustin speak at a pre-Derby function. Must be hard to still be making lots of cash after cheating. Really difficult.

I think the simple fact is they din't have enough evidence to get a conviction for Bock. They are pretty sure he got CJC but that won't get you a conviction.

With the Essendon 34 they had 34 players consenting to taking thymosin. This was the clincher for ASADA/WADA. All they felt they had to do was show a paper trail to an Essendon employee (Dank), the same guy who was authorising the injections and the same guy who helped construct the consents. Tying all this together is what gave them the conviction.

With Bock there was no consent so there was a crucial bit of the prosecuting puzzle missing. ASADA concluded that they could not get him with just the rest of the paper trail so they have not gone on with the prosecution.

So I feel it has little to do with singular versus group. It has everything to do with not having enough evidence to prosecute.
But, but, but... We keep getting told there was no evidence for the EFC34!

Oh $Deity, those people couldn't possibly be wrong could they?

Watched Dustin speak at a pre-Derby function. Must be hard to still be making lots of cash after cheating. Really difficult.

Yeah or Heppell on AFL 360, what the actual **** is that? I enjoy watching the cycling, always laugh when Phil Ligget says "he's back from being a naughty boy" referring to athletes returning to the sport after serving a doping ban, because he says it so casually like it's no big deal. Imagine the outrage if we had commentary from Armstrong for le Tour the year after he got banned, or had Marion Jones on for special comments in the upcoming Olympics coverage? But Heppell on 360 is cool apparently. So yeah can't say I support the awww poor victim players experimented on by an evil duplicitious witch doctor line they're pushing hard in the media at the moment

Yeah or Heppell on AFL 360, what the actual **** is that? I enjoy watching the cycling, always laugh when Phil Ligget says "he's back from being a naughty boy" referring to athletes returning to the sport after serving a doping ban, because he says it so casually like it's no big deal. Imagine the outrage if we had commentary from Armstrong for le Tour the year after he got banned, or had Marion Jones on for special comments in the upcoming Olympics coverage? But Heppell on 360 is cool apparently. So yeah can't say I support the awww poor victim players experimented on by an evil duplicitious witch doctor line they're pushing hard in the media at the moment
How long before Carey was allowed into the media fold? Ridiculous comparing him and Heppell

Perhaps Chip believes as most on here probably do that if we are to be anti-doping in sport that any such occurance needs to have the penalties applied otherwise there would appear to be double standards.

We know Bock took something, whether he wanted it or not. We know who apparently did it.

Perhaps Chip believes as most on here probably do that if we are to be anti-doping in sport that any such occurance needs to have the penalties applied otherwise there would appear to be double standards.

We know Bock took something, whether he wanted it or not. We know who apparently did it.
If you know what Bock took give ASADA a call, they would appreciate your assistance in nabbing drug cheats.
Apparently they are not sure at this point so they did not prosecute, unlike EFC 34.

I think the simple fact is they din't have enough evidence to get a conviction for Bock. They are pretty sure he got CJC but that won't get you a conviction.

With the Essendon 34 they had 34 players consenting to taking thymosin. This was the clincher for ASADA/WADA. All they felt they had to do was show a paper trail to an Essendon employee (Dank), the same guy who was authorising the injections and the same guy who helped construct the consents. Tying all this together is what gave them the conviction.

With Bock there was no consent so there was a crucial bit of the prosecuting puzzle missing. ASADA concluded that they could not get him with just the rest of the paper trail so they have not gone on with the prosecution.

So I feel it has little to do with singular versus group. It has everything to do with not having enough evidence to prosecute.

Been thinking about this today.

I agree with you on the players and Dank to some extent With Dank and the EFC 34 it was Dank charged with Trafficking, Possession at Essendon than Administering it to the players, and thus players with use, it certainly is a tighter group, particular the administering/use charges. Makes sense to have these cases together, the consent forms certainly help in this, as well as Dank administering in addition to just trafficking.

It also makes sense from a hearing perspective to have Dank's all charges considered at the same time, particularly if he is not going to be represented, Not being represented makes it easy to combine Dank's charges with another hearing as they not being contested..

It does not however make sense to hear Bock charges at the same time as the EFC34 charges, they completely unrelated, the only commonality is Dank.

So think ASADA made the decision to go after the players first, get the tribunal to consider Dank charges at the same time so once Dank was found guilty of trafficking Bock it would provide a good basis to go to Bock and make a deal and avoid a hearing.

The tribunal stepped in and found Dank not guilty of trafficking and stuffed the plan up. The fact that Dank was found not guilty of trafficking was mentioned in ASADA's media release highlights this was a factor.

So the thread on Nathan Bock has been hijacked by the anti Essendon junkies as they desperately fight for another desperate fix.
And low and behold,they have said the same things they have said on every other thread over the past four years.
I'm not sure how right or wrong Essendon were or whether they were stitched up but its terribly sad that so many who don't even follow Essendon have tragically been trapped into such a pointless addiction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread has been hijacked by EFC sympathisers running we was robbed line. The football community is sick of it and there is a determination that history is not airbrushed for the benefit of those who took PEDs.
Not enough evidence, ASADA were responsible enough to identify this and not proceed with Bock, does not mean they don't think he did just can't prove it.

Thread has been hijacked by EFC sympathisers running we was robbed line. The football community is sick of it and there is a determination that history is not airbrushed for the benefit of those who took PEDs.
Not enough evidence, ASADA were responsible enough to identify this and not proceed with Bock, does not mean they don't think he did just can't prove it.
The football community isn't sick of the Essendon sympathisers as much as you might wish to believe,they're actually sick of the whole thing including the anti Essendon junkies.
At least the Essendon supporters have an excuse for how they feel, whether or not they are right or wrong,they barrack for Essendon.
The junkies on the other hand,,,,oh so very sad and the same comments over and over and over,for four years, is proof of a nasty addiction far worse than anything the Essendon players may have ever done or not done.

Last edited:
The football community isn't sick of the Essendon sympathisers as much as you might wish to believe,they're actually sick of the whole thing including the junkies.
At least the Essendon supporters have an excuse for how they feel, whether or not they are right or wrong,they barrack for Essendon.
The junkies on the other hand,,,,oh so very sad and the same comments over and over and over,for four years, is proof of a nasty addiction far worse than anything the Essendon players may have ever done or not done.
The "junkies" want a sport that has some integrity. A sport that is serious about a drug policy that it expects its teams and players to adhere to.

The football community isn't sick of the Essendon sympathisers as much as you might wish to believe,they're actually sick of the whole thing including the anti Essendon junkies.
See this is where you are wrong. The fans have had enough of the EFC hijacking the game in the name of self preservation. As we speak the players are still in denial by appealing. As fans we don't need an excuse to be outraged at was has and continues to transpire.
It is very sad that EFC fans contribute to the charade that they did nothing wromg. Utter tripe!

The football community isn't sick of the Essendon sympathisers as much as you might wish to believe,they're actually sick of the whole thing including the junkies.

Addiction, probably. Nasty no.

This is a voluntary forum for people who want to come here to discuss things. So what if it's the same thing over and over, if you don't want to read it you don't have to.

We not trolling Facebook or Twitter looking for fights. We not holding violent public demonstrations attacking EFC supporters, or even peaceful demonstrations.

We not inciting hate speech, homophobia, racism, terrorism or poedophilla, or conspiracists that would warrant attention by intelligentance agencies.

Quite a few of us have stood up for supporters on the other side when someone goes to far.

Our addiction does not cause self harm, or financial distress (I do admit to the occasional loss in productivity though)

So we harmless junkies.

We also quite easy to avoid in our own little corner of the net.

It's quite simple to avoid us actually... Don't come to this board.

It's in your power.

Last edited:
The "junkies" want a sport that has some integrity. A sport that is serious about a drug policy that it expects its teams and players to adhere to.
The junkies just want their fix. Essendons been punished,wrongly or rightly,it's over. Why would an opposition fan care what their supporters think now. Their supporters can support their club any way they want,it's their club and it's been punished.
Cheatings not good,if that's what really happened,but addiction is far worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back