Nathan Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

-CG-

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Played a superb game tonight and has been great all yearm certainly on his way to AA selection. Where do other supporters rank him, surely one of the best backman going around the comp at the moment?

I searched the first two pages of the main board for a thread, couldn't find one. Why not? He was sensational tonight and has been all year. AA no doubt and hopefully with his game on Franklin some people are aware of how good this bloke is. Gun.

Would this thread be here if Buddy kicked straight? But yeah, he's good.

One on one Bock contested very well with Franklin and beat him basically every time. Bock even managed to mark the ball himself on one occasion. How many of his points were from set shots?

All Franklin's shots were highly unlikely to go through. Under immense pressure, and only had 1 or 2 set shots tonight, :thumbsu:

On Franklin, when he kicks on a set shot...should it be play on? The arc he runs around in is ridiculous. I know some other players do it, but not as dramatically as him.

Would this thread be here if the umpires were consistent game to game?

Bock scragged, chopped the arms and held all night. Basically what Darren Glass does. I guess Adelaide home game you expect the umpires to be on their side though.

Bock scragged, chopped the arms and held all night. Basically what Darren Glass does. I guess Adelaide home game you expect the umpires to be on their side though.

:rolleyes: That would be the Victorian umpires, right?

I must admit though at the game I thought Bock may have been lucky on one or two occasions, but it was nice to see the umpires lets the real 50/50 ones go instead of pulling out a soft free kick.

I only saw a bit of the game, including a buddy goal from 50 odd out. I'm just sayin, 7 shots and 1.6 in a game where the winning team scored just 76 would indicate the Bock/Buddy duel was even at best. The next time i flicked the channel to check the score, Buddy was running around with the ball in the hawks defensive 50...what was up with that?

I only saw a bit of the game, including a buddy goal from 50 odd out. I'm just sayin, 7 shots and 1.6 in a game where the winning team scored just 76 would indicate the Bock/Buddy duel was even at best. The next time i flicked the channel to check the score, Buddy was running around with the ball in the hawks defensive 50...what was up with that?

Well he wasn't getting much of the ball up forward....

Err yeah no worries..

Yep all franklins kicks were rushed on the boundary, he shouldnt have even been going for goal with some of them..

Picked up around 10 disposals in the last quarter when he pushed up into the midfield and bock stayed in defence or his tally would be way down..

Why was he pushed up into the midfield?

Cos he was being soundly beaten..

Bock beat him in one on ones easily, only 2-3 marks i believe for franklin..

Another great game by the AA CHB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

played well for sure

could have got done for holding 3 or 4 times but good luck to him.

hurt the hawks going the other way which is the best thing to do against buddy.

franklin moved up ground in last quarter because bock was tackling him when the ball wasnt even in the area it frustrates me that people cant see this. the umpiring in that gametonight was disgraceful suddenly the backmen are allowed to scrag and hold this was happening to both teams forwards. is this a change in interpretation. as for bocks thirty touches did he actually kick any of them more than 20 metres forward him and rutten played kick to kick all night hardly impressive.If you are gonna go one on one lets see it all night, he had at least two guys helping him 90% of the time. the times they were one out the delivery from hawk midfielders was woeful. Buddy and bock one on one all night with no chop out i know who im backing every time

Played a superb game tonight and has been great all yearm certainly on his way to AA selection. Where do other supporters rank him, surely one of the best backman going around the comp at the moment?

Yeah, how quickly has he gone from unknown to one of the best key defenders in the comp.

Would love him at Hawthorn. You wouldn't swap him for Zac Dawson and a third round pick would you?

Played a ripper tonight, and would probably be a shoe in for AA CHB at this stage.

I agree bock played great game on buddy but its good to see hawks win over there without him kicking a bag. Luke Hodge was superb and the cream rose to the top when he calmly side_stepped crow defender and booted thru the match winning goal go hawks:):thumbsu:

Bock was sensational. The delivery to Franklin today was awful. He did pretty well with limited opportunities. Hawks were beaten in clearances and cleaner disposal all day. Still can't believe they won that game. Adelaide were superb but lacked some forwards (and finishing) at crucial times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back