Free Agency Nathan Brown [signed with St Kilda as a restricted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he won't be playing at 35. 18 games this year. I'm sure he can produce that many games the next 3 seasons.
Lol he'll be 6 months from 35 when he retires. So ok 34. What player is ok 500-600k at 34 and who gets a 3 year deal on that coin at 31-32

Lol he'll be 6 months from 35 when he retires. So ok 34. What player is ok 500-600k at 34 and who gets a 3 year deal on that coin at 31-32

Wouldn't have a clue, I'm not saying it's a great deal, but saying it's terrible is a bit much. If he stays injury free I think it will be worth it and our club has faith that we can do that. Clubs take risks all the time, yours did last year giving up a second rounder for Freeman. He could never play a game or become a very good player. Like Wells we're not going to know if the deal was good or bad for a few years yet.

Nathan Brown is no champion but I think he is a good fit for us in 2017. Last 3 years, Saints more than any other team has been destroyed by gorilla forwards - Hogan, Cameron, Kennedy, Walker even Cloke have all kicked bags against us. Brown becomes an option.

Surprised Pies did not counter because they seem to have a similar need.

I actually think he believes what he's saying. I wouldn't put too much stock into his opinion though. I remember having a conversation with him at start of the year and he thought Leuenberger was an elite ruck and that Essendon were a sneaky chance for finals...
Didn't actually say that we were a chance for finals. Or that Leuey was elite. So keep trying.

Browns a spud.

You'd hope he's only back-up now that Hurley and Hooker are back from their syrnge siesta.

No need to bag him, he'll be delisted before too long and that other VFL spud will then become the back up. Francis is it? Show a bit of respect mate, you need those plodders in case of injuries.

You'd hope he's only back-up now that Hurley and Hooker are back from their syrnge siesta.

No need to bag him, he'll be delisted before too long and that other VFL spud will then become the back up. Francis is it? Show a bit of respect mate, you need those plodders in case of injuries.

You've got the wrong Brown matey.

With Marsh out the door and Reid fragile, very perplexing.
I think the Saints are doing well with trade period, Brown is handy cover, Steele is decent and Stevens will be value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My comment still stands from another thread - D&T board is worse than Bay 13 for trolling.

Wells is a decent enough player and a good fit for Collingwood, Brown is a decent enough player and a good fit for St Kilda, why make the condescending malicious comments for?

Collingwood get no compo pick? Can someone explain that to me? I thought he was a restricted FA?

Collingwood get no compo pick? Can someone explain that to me? I thought he was a restricted FA?
Doesn't matter if restricted or unrestricted.

I thought we didn't get compensation because we already signed other free agents?

Yeah, it's a weird phrasing unless even not accounting for the other free agents you still wouldn't have gotten compo... in which case why not match? Bizarre.

Fairly obvious Gubby Allan has come in and decided the club needed a bit of a clean out. Brown and Cloke were extremely disappointing this year given the amount of young kids we played due to injury and these experienced players showing absolutely no leadership. Their best is well and truly behind them and the club need to replenish these funds experienced types.

Having said that, the saints have been in need of another large bodied defender so a reasonable pick up for them. It seems they haven't really offered him that much $$ so a fairly low risk pickup anyway.

Can't help but think the pies have their sights on someone given they were happy to let brown walk.

Nathan Brown is no champion but I think he is a good fit for us in 2017. Last 3 years, Saints more than any other team has been destroyed by gorilla forwards - Hogan, Cameron, Kennedy, Walker even Cloke have all kicked bags against us. Brown becomes an option.

Brown just isn't very good, was never the same after the knee, was consistantly outbodied this year, good luck to him though, always gives his all.

Very surprised to see any comments about this insinuating it's a bad move for us, not just on here but twitter and fb. Yes he's not an amazing footballer but I literally can't remember the time we 2 genuine AFL quality KPDs, hell we haven't even had one since Zac Dawson and that's clutching at straws saying he's AFL standard. We got him for free and ideally is just depth by 2018 if Goddard comes along, not sure we can lose here unless he starts becoming a genuine disadvantage giving up goals but I think he'll surprise a few next year and be a very solid pick up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Nathan Brown [signed with St Kilda as a restricted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back