Player Watch Nathan Freeman

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a very interrsting way to put it.
Besides Ollie Wines, you are right nothing glaringly better.
Looks like we got a steal.
If you also accept Kennedy and Broomhead who came just after Grundy as day equally positioned in the draft, Grundy is way ahead of those two
Stringer says hi. He was ahead of grundy so obviously out of reach but hes the best player in this draft so far

If Scharenberg leaves after 2 years then it was either pretty poor recruiting or pretty poor systems in place to keep him.

Freeman just simply looks like a miss considering there are several guys taken straight after him who look brilliant.

If Scharenberg leaves then it may just be that he has had a change of heart. It is not necessarily the club's fault.

Stringer says hi. He was ahead of grundy so obviously out of reach but hes the best player in this draft so far
Ooops
My bad (my very bad!)
Sorry stringer, sorry missed you.

And nice to see the hawks getting done, cant stand them and their poo jumper

If Scharenberg leaves after 2 years then it was either pretty poor recruiting or pretty poor systems in place to keep him.

Freeman just simply looks like a miss considering there are several guys taken straight after him who look brilliant.
latest

Aish was offered $400k in his first year for an extension. He isn't holding out for more money, he's holding out because he doesn't want to be there.

And what's the bet that he is seeking a new club to pay him a similar amount.

Sometimes you're worth more to your exciting club (see Aish). And sometimes you're worth more to others (see Tom Boyd). More often than not, you're not worth as much as you think.

A bust is a player who proves to be shit on exposure, not a player who has had injuries and therefore hasn't had the opportunity to expose their wares.

A bust is a draft pick who doesn't live up to expectations.

If Freeman retires at the end of next year due to injury the only way you can describe it is a top 10 bust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bust is a draft pick who doesn't live up to expectations.

If Freeman retires at the end of next year due to injury the only way you can describe it is a top 10 bust

We've obviously got different definitions of what a bust is.

But for the purposes of this discussion, where windbags have been potting Hine for getting it wrong - that Hine made a bust decision - that is total bullsh*t. Nothing yet suggests Scharenberg or Freeman wont have fine careers.

We've obviously got different definitions of what a bust is.

But for the purposes of this discussion, where windbags have been potting Hine for getting it wrong - that Hine made a bust decision - that is total bullsh*t. Nothing yet suggests Scharenberg or Freeman wont have fine careers.

There's been a lot more to suggest Freeman won't have a fine career rather than he will.

It's too early to make a definitive call on Freeman obviously, but the next 4 in the draft (Lennon Sheed McCarthy Cripps) all look like future guns, and with our list demographic not taking a tall forward like McCarthy was highly questionable

Freeman and Scharenberg both leaving? Well that's the future stuffed. They needed to stay and both become guns as pick 6 and 10 couldnt afford to be thrown away.

There's been a lot more to suggest Freeman won't have a fine career rather than he will.

It's too early to make a definitive call on Freeman obviously, but the next 4 in the draft (Lennon Sheed McCarthy Cripps) all look like future guns, and with our list demographic not taking a tall forward like McCarthy was highly questionable

And if a giant scythe dropped down from the sky and chopped Cripps in half tomorrow would that make Cripps a bust choice?

You've got no idea what's going to happen when you pick someone. If you did know then presumably you would have warned everyone and given us the lotto numbers. Sheer dumb luck. Unless these guys are retiring it's ridiculous to speculate 2 years in.

Collingwood know what freeman should bring to the table in coming years. They will decide in good time what his salary should be. It will be based on expected output.............
Expected output multiplied by the estimated probability factor of him actually producing that output.
Given his injury profile so far (and that when he played VFL with reduced pace he was underwhelming - suggesting he relies heavily on his great pace and is no Pendles) - that factor might be only about .5 or maybe even less.

What rubbish. You can't say Hine misread a draft when his selections haven't had the proper opportunity to display their ability. Recruiters don't have crystal balls, there's no way known anyone could have predicted the injuries these boys picked up.

I can definitely tell you with all honesty that Collingwood had their eyes on McCarthy in his draft year.
He was being watched very closely by our scouts over here.
One scout even said we should use our 1st pick on him.

But I'm with you re: Hine misreading the draft.
Sharenberg has been described as the 2nd best school boy footballer behind Carey by one expert,
and Freeman was described as a young Dangerfield.
Why wouldn't Hine go for them.
Hopefully we re-sign them both and they live up to their draft descriptions/expectations.

Now let me get this right... Having the Aints sniffing around is motivation for what? o_Oo_Oo_O

I'd have thought it's motivation to put pen to paper with the Pies quick smart lest a promising career be lost to that rabble of a club. :rolleyes:

Expected output multiplied by the estimated probability factor of him actually producing that output.
Given his injury profile so far (and that when he played VFL with reduced pace he was underwhelming - suggesting he relies heavily on his great pace and is no Pendles) - that factor might be only about .5 or maybe even less.

I guess you missed the point where I said Collingwood should take this all into account.....not Bigfooty armchair critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back