Nathan Lovett-Murray stabbed (non-life threatening)

Remove this Banner Ad

Put simply there are some morons on this site who love to see other clubs in trouble and will conveniently ignore any of the faults of their own club and won't bother with pesky little details like facts before shooting their mouths off.

Explains every gogriff thread perfectly.

Clearly a misunderstanding of what NLM meant when he told his mate he was going to pop around his GF's house and cut his grass.
stabbing-729.jpg

* Now expresses sincere sympathy for Natahnan and wishes him a speedy recovery.

Nat Rat and Harry O can share weapon stories now

I can't remember commentary involving nlm without someone referring to his boxing skills, really demonstrates how dangerous knives really are :(

Hope he recovers quickly and this doesn't impact to much of his remaining career

Seriously Pants, and the other mods as well, in the rules you state that there is no tolerance at all yet continuously we see these warnings come up in the middle of threads.

How many warnings is the mod team planning to give?

Meh. Stress less.

Important thing out of the way, by the sounds of it NLM will be fine AND the cops have those responsible.

Look at it this way. Most of the pathetic trolling attempts are from supporters of a particular club, and hell you can narrow it down further and say just a few particular posters. Supporters of a club bank rolled by our very existence (and by 'our' for once I actually mean 'us' the fans). For it is the fan base that generates the revenue received that bank rolls said club. All the corporate dollars that roll into the AFL from corporate entities desperate to get our attention, all the dollars that roll through the gates as thousands upon thousands of us pour into stadiums.

It is we, the supporter bases of Essendon and several other significant clubs that generate the funds required to sustain our lesser brothers. Amusingly, the very hatred and jealousy we create simply adds to the pile - I believe Floyd Mayweather paraphrased another, more famous fighter when he said, "some pay to see me win, some pay to see me lose - but they all pay".....

So try looking at it like this. That quirky and somewhat misguided keyboard masher whom I can only imagine has a dull, glazed over look in their eyes and a thread of dribble from screaming at the monitor, let them yell. They can have a forum, and a pretty little name badge with the name of a quaint little side, and scream hatred and nonsense.

When they do, just smile and imagine that every click, every word and every eye pointed our way just adds to the pile.

Maybe you can give em one of these - "cool story bro, and you're welcome for your club".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No time for jokes in relation to this
Bollocks to that...there's always time for humour, it's how some people deal with serious situations. As it stands, the stabbing is not life threatening (it says so in the thread title). That said, the only caveat is that the jokes must be funny. Some of them have been pretty p*** poor, others that make light of the surrounding circumstances and not NLM's actual injury have been quite amusing.

Hey let's try not to offend our female posters people.

I feel like this is the perfect op for Dagless to call you a white knight :p

On this topic, what the hell is wrong with some people now?
I only read the first few pages that obviously had deleted posts or something and people are justifying their humour with 'oh its not life threatening.'

Jesus Christ. Serious or not, someone just got stabbed. That's much bigger than AFL. Stay classy Bigfooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Lovett-Murray stabbed (non-life threatening)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back