Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Too slow (by hand and foot) and no amount of courage can make him faster.
Jeez. When you appear to be writing him off, he's in trouble.

And at his pace you've got to be super clean, which he isn't.

Seeing he's contracted, I'm expecting him to be delisted for a Daicos points pick and the re-rookie - if we have rookie list space.

Seeing he's contracted, I'm expecting him to be delisted for a Daicos points pick and the re-rookie - if we have rookie list space.

How does that work?

How does that work?
If you delist him, it's an extra pick with points attached that we can take into the draft. You can usually trade a pick downwards for 2 picks that carry more points. Then you'd re-rookie him if you didn't want to wear the salary cap burden of paying his contract out and to honour his contract.

can we convince him to retire?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you delist him, it's an extra pick with points attached that we can take into the draft. You can usually trade a pick downwards for 2 picks that carry more points. Then you'd re-rookie him if you didn't want to wear the salary cap burden of paying his contract out and to honour his contract.

We did this with Oxley if I recall correctly..?

Okay wasn't aware. I'm good with delisting him. But why would we re rookie him? He ain't up to it.

Okay wasn't aware. I'm good with delisting him. But why would we re rookie him? He ain't up to it.

Because we’re hard against the cap, and contractually obligated to pay him.

Because we’re hard against the cap, and contractually obligated to pay him.

How can we be hard against the cap with this list? Thanks Ned you total *******.
I'd rather leave the list spot open & get somebody mid year as a rookie.
There just is absolutely nothing there. We all know it & I suspect the club does now as well.

Contractually obliged. But yeah, I’ve seen enough.

Unless he can Chris Mayne like reinvent himself... reinvent himself into a tall clearance midfielder

Then I wouldn’t persevere with him long term.

Madgen, Wilson, Murphy... wouldn’t be relying on these 3 if Langdon and Scharenberg bodies didn’t fail them ☹️

Him and Wilson need to go like.... yesterday! They both offer nothing, have shown nothing and not impacted the team positively in one game.
It is not their fault really they just want to play footy but seriously if we are relying on the efforts of these two and the brown brothers we are in serious trouble.
No more favourites or season after season chances for sub standard players, get rid of them and keep getting rid of them until success starts to come.

Contractually obliged. But yeah, I’ve seen enough.

Unless he can Chris Mayne like reinvent himself... reinvent himself into a tall clearance midfielder

Then I wouldn’t persevere with him long term.

Madgen, Wilson, Murphy... wouldn’t be relying on these 3 if Langdon and Scharenberg bodies didn’t fail them ☹
They're pretty young AFL games wise especially Wilson and Murphy. I think they have a bit to go with the club. We have f all back up and these guys are big boys who will improve. Have patience

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back