Speculation Nathan O'Driscoll

Remove this Banner Ad

He wont change clubs for that when average salary is $400k plus
thats a 1 year deal price not committing 3 years to a club on such a small salary in a limited career

Average Vs Median.....

Most players are well under the $400k "average" that the AFL loves to mention.

Very much seems like this is a length of contract / opportunity move for him.

Are we delisting Nod?
OOC right? If you can't resign him then either you've to delist or the player can do it themselves at some point in off-season.

There's not much leverage to ask for premium trade for a fringe player. Injuries aside there isn't enough runs on board to demand for more.

Late first? My god. Some posters trying to equal his worth to Bailey Smith.

He’s out of contract and Freo low balled him. With his obvious injury concerns, this is a third round pick at most. NOD was a pick 27, not a former top 10 selection.

Look at what Nick Coffield was traded for. A former top 10 selection with injury issues and also a top 5 B&F under his belt.

This kids special
Late first the minimum
He will be with us unless we get
Top 5 player “THE KEY”
(To a premiership Bolton) and
“THE DIFFERENCE”
(Between winning and losing a flag baker)

You have trade period to see what you can get. Or else by the third round of list lodgement, O'Driscoll will be able to delist himself and go where he wants to go.

You have trade period to see what you can get. Or else by the third round of list lodgement, O'Driscoll will be able to delist himself and go where he wants to go.
If he delists himself, he’ll have to go through the draft.

If he delists himself, he’ll have to go through the draft.
With $ and contract term nominated by him. At that point, he'll go where he wants to go. Luke Ball scenario, no one's drafting him with a late first like Freo supporters are asking in this thread.

With $ and contract term nominated by him. At that point, he'll go where he wants to go. Luke Ball scenario, no one's drafting him with a late first like Freo supporters are asking in this thread.
Got to start high with ambit claims before accepting a third, isn’t that how all of this works?

And what terms are going to preclude the bottom few teams from taking him?

And it’s one poster. One. We’re all aware of he leaves it’s likely to be a third.

LOL $850k for NOD

I find it funnier that people can’t read the post in its entirety and understand.

So, I’ll break it down.

1) Freo probably/ possibly offered a 1 year deal on about $250k. Maybe a trigger for a 2nd year but I’d imagine the rate wouldn’t alter.

2) Other clubs have asked the question. Rarely is someone moving interstate for less coin or equal years. HENCE my blanket statement of $850 OVER the entire 3 years - $283k per year (I feel stupid having to explain that) It’s a small premium and an extra year. He’s not commanding BIG dollars and anyone who read it as such is illiterate.

3) We likely value him. Have upped offer to guaranteed 2 years, trigger for 3rd. Doubt we’d have squeezed more dollars into the deal. For NOD it’s more about security

IF the average wage is $400k a year I pitched it well below that and was fair.

Don’t quote stuff and laugh if you’re unable to join the very obvious dots in my post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to start high with ambit claims before accepting a third, isn’t that how all of this works?

And what terms are going to preclude the bottom few teams from taking him?

And it’s one poster. One. We’re all aware of he leaves it’s likely to be a third.

1. It's a deep draft this year
2. Like it or not O'Driscoll has an injury history
3. If he refuses to show up for medical or talk to teams, they'd prefer to take a draftee from the deep pool
4. If it's a shallow pool, they'd contemplate taking him against his will but I don't see it this year

He's gone I'm afraid, which absolutely sucks as I rate him very highly. When he can stay on the park he's shown he can be a very damaging wingman that can go forward and kick goals, can also play inside mid role when needed, and it will hurt when we get a late 40s pick for him. If it was was the other way around and we were trading for him I'd happily give up pick 20 on potential alone, great pick up for which ever team lands him.

Did I miss the trade request or do you know him?
No I don't know him personally but have a mutual friend playing for peel reserves and he said he's heard that freo are way off the mark in terms of a contract but Nathan doesn't want to leave, it's just too much money to leave on the table, especially with his Injury history. Still a chance we up our offer and he stays home but he's very much gone at this stage I believe. Can see us actively trying to move Brodie to make up some cap room.

No I don't know him personally but have a mutual friend playing for peel reserves and he said he's heard that freo are way off the mark in terms of a contract but Nathan doesn't want to leave, it's just too much money to leave on the table, especially with his Injury history. Still a chance we up our offer and he stays home but he's very much gone at this stage I believe. Can see us actively trying to move Brodie to make up some cap room.
If someone is offering big money they can offer big draft capital too. If not tell him to re-sign or take his chances in PSD

No one would take brodie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Nathan O'Driscoll

Remove this Banner Ad

Back