National Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
After all the trading, this is the draft order for the first 3 rounds as I see it:

Pick Club
1 CARL*
2 CARL*
3 STK
4 ROOS
5 BRIS
6 WB
7 SYD
8 PORT
9 GEEL
10 HAW
11 ROOS
12 ESS
13 ESS
14 RICH
15 FREO
16 MELB
17 MELB
18 PORT
19 WB
20 ROOS
21 BRIS
22 WB
23 COLL
24 STK
25 GEEL
26 WCE
27 ROOS
28 MELB
29 ESS
30 ESS
31 CARL
32 COLL
33 BRIS

* Possibly subject to results of AFL investigation into potential salary cap breaches.

If Carlton do lose these picks, the reigning premier of the last two seasons could potentially have access to the third-best young player in the country. Not a bad result all-up - could be worth the loss of Headland and Cupido combined with the gain of Caracella.

Do people honestly think we will lose them?

Wouldn't it cause the AFL about a HUGE headache and court action?

I am growing more confident because they have never done it for teams that have breached before...and it isn't one set of rules for Carlton and another for everyone else!

Rohan...we MAY be guilty...but saying "you do the crime, you do the time" doesn't always work like that. We (allegedly) did the crime a few years ago...yet they punish us AFTER trade week in 2002 COINCIDENTALLY when we have the top two picks...

Anything smell fishy?

Ill be might ****ed off if the blues are stripped of there first 2 picks.
Because that suddenly means our 5th pick was a 3rd. Which would have meant we could have hung on to McPhee or 21st pick

It would be fishier if Carlton was allowed to keep them. Surely the AFL has an interest in its most popular teams being strong and drawing big crowds. I don't see what they gain otherwise.

Originally posted by saiak
I am growing more confident because they have never done it for teams that have breached before...and it isn't one set of rules for Carlton and another for everyone else!
*coughCraigBradleysuspendedsentencecough*

Originally posted by BrainOfMorbius
After all the trading, this is the draft order for the first 3 rounds as I see it:

Pick Club
12 ESS
13 ESS
30 ESS (Jobe Watson)
I think you'll find that pick 45, our 3rd round pick, has been used to pick up Jobe Watson. 30 is a second round pick.

Hope we don't throw confusion amongst the ranks on draft day by actually calling out the player we have in mind for selection 13 when we are using selection 12! :D

Re: Re: National Draft Order

Originally posted by TDLLO
I think you'll find that pick 45, our 3rd round pick, has been used to pick up Jobe Watson. 30 is a second round pick.

Hope we don't throw confusion amongst the ranks on draft day by actually calling out the player we have in mind for selection 13 when we are using selection 12! :D
Pick 45 is Richmond's. Essendon don't have a third-round pick any more, so I assume they'll have to use their last second-round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

National Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Back