NBA Mock draft thread/2017 Official NBA draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I read Jonah Bolden's stocks keep rising. I now expect him to be going in the top 20. Hopefully the Bucks pick him up.
Bruce likes this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it seems we traded down because we don't think Fultz is a winner. We just didn't rate what he did in college which was lead a team to 9 wins.

I guess as fans we sometimes forget with players who nominate for the draft that they aren't necessarily the best players in college ball, they are the best prospects.

Celtics getting the Lakers '18 1st pick and the King '19 1st. Sixers will apply protections to those picks.
Not quite.

Sixers trade 2017 Pick 3, and the rights to the Lakers 2018 pick with protections for Bostons 2017 Pick 1.

Either way, Sixers get to keep one of the Lakers 2018 pick or Sacramento 2019 pick.

Personally I would have just handed over the Lakers pick unprotected and get the debt out of the way.

Last edited:
Not quite.

Sixers trade 2017 Pick 3, and the rights to the Lakers 2018 pick with protections for Bostons 2017 Pick 1.

The protections are from pick 2 to 5. So if the Lakers 2018 pick ends up as pick 1 or any pick after pick 5, it conveys to Boston. If it doesn't convey, which is possible, then Boston get the Kings 2019 first round pick.

Either way, Sixers get to keep one of the Lakers 2018 pick or Sacramento 2019 pick.

Personally I would have just handed over the Lakers pick unprotected and get the debt out of the way.
No we get the pick if it lands between 2-5. If it is pick 1 or pick 6 onward we get the Kings 2019 pick instead.

Great thread, I'll do how I see my mock 10 panning out.

1. 76ers select Fultz- No brainer seeing him working with Embiid AND Simmons in the PnR will be so exciting, has the scorers mentality while still being selfless works perfectly with Simmons, 3 level scorer can't wait to watch the Sixers plays next season.

2. Lakers select Ball- this has been coming since lottery night, I've always thought Russell is more effective without the ball in his hands he lacks the creativity and offensive intelligence to run the point, will be a 20+ average scorer with Ball. Keen to see how Balls extremely low shooting mechanic fairs against the bigger Wall type Pg's in the NBA.

3. Celtics select J. Jackson- Josh is the exact player Ainge loves, hard nosed and has that hungry mentality. Can come straight into the Celtics side and defend the 3, and Boston is the perfect setting for him to grow that shot as he won't be relied on as a Scorer. End game plans have him defending LeBron in the finals in the coming years (good luck, kid)

4. Phoenix select Jonathan Isaac- Maybe a bit of a risk going Isaac over Tatum or Fox but with Bledsoe and Booker at the guard position I see a greater need for talent at the 3. I have faith in Isaacs potential more than Tatums, I believe he will be a far greater defender than Tatum and his size allows him to play the 4. His athleticism and potential to be a two-way star has me picking Isaac

5. Kings select Fox- No brainer with both player and team seeming a perfect fit. I love Fox on the defensive end and his explosive speed and ability to get to the line is a stand out. I'm high on his shot developing in the NBA as his shot mechanic seems fine and his free throw % at Kentucky suggests he will become at least a Lowry level shooter eventually. Great Kid too very smart and hard working from all reports.

6. Magic select Tatum- The need for scoring and positional scarcity had magic picking the SF from Duke. I seriously question his ability to translate his scoring to the NBA level as the main way I saw him scoring effectively was through ISO plays, he isn't very athletic for his size and isn't a great player for teams trying to spread the floor. I see a poor mans Carmelo here and think he is the most likely to bust out of the top 10 picks in this class.

7. Minnesota select Dennis Smith- This was a toss up between Smith and Monk, as it is well documented the wolves need to improve their 3pt scoring, however I decided on Smith because of the potential he has.The most athletic pick in the draft, his recovery from his ACL injury seems complete and is as dynamic as ever. Consistency and attitude will be the issues facing Smith but his speed and potential to be a star is perhaps the third highest in this draft and I can see the wolves taking a slight risk on him over Monk who has a much lower ceiling. They would have taken Isaac if he was available.

8. New York select Malik Monk- Athough they really wanted a PG, I think the Knicks will settle for the Microwave scorer from Kentucky. Possibly the best shooter in this class, Monk is also very explosive at the rim and while he doesn't have the IQ and instincts of a traditional Point, he could develop into an on ball 2 with the Knicks possibly picking up a Hill/Teague/Lowry in the free agency.

9. Dallas select Frank Ntilikina- The defense and shooting combo French Frank provides is rare for such a young PG, and he will compliment nicely with Seth Curry and I see him as more of a 2 than one. His handles and Vision is below par for a PG but he shows a lot as an off the Ball, catch and shoot threat.

10. Sacramento select O.G Anunoby- Bit of a shock from the Kings going with the injured wing who won't be fit until late in the year, however the lack of quality young wings has the Kings taking a risk with their second top 10 pick as O.G has the potential to be a 3 and D star, the most sought after asset in the NBA. If he gets back to where he left off, he could have the makings of a top 5 prospect. Kings tossed up between O.G and Lauri Markkanen however the Kings need for wings led them to picking O.G.

Early reports on the 2018 class suggest Michael Porter Jr could be an astonishing forward far ahead of his draft class. He is a 6'11 beast with an all round offensive game. Smart play just in case the #1 falls the Sixers way. Might seem like a smarter clause if the Cav's can snatch away PG13 as opposed to the Lakers in the coming days.

1-Fultz

I think Portland need to chuck all their picks 15-20-26 to try to get into the top 10, Would Orlando/Dallas/Sac bite? If they can trade pick 15-20-26+salary for pick 10 they need to do that. Sac would entertain it, a top 5 pick chance for a star, Pick 10 for 3 first round picks?

Does Orlando Take Issac and absolutely stuff up MInnesota's only need who's the best available in his position?
Sac could entertain Portland with their 3 picks for 10, as long as Sac believe they could still get an O.G/Collins/Markkenan with the 15th pick. The other two wouldn't drop their picks- the Mavs only if Portland picked up some salary which they can't do.

Orlando desperately needs shooting and Isaac is a fair way off being a shooting 3 imo, I see the magic taking Tatum or Monk over Isaac. I think the Wolves could also use Monk if Isaac goes early, or perhaps Smith.

Fultz and SImmons.

I personally prefer the 6ers without Fultz. Simmo will need to share the ball with him.
Fultz is also fantastic as an of the ball 1. LeBron and Kyrie set the scene for two ball handlers working well together. Both these kids love to share it around I think it will work amazingly.

Also remember Simmons is a fantastic Roller on the pick and roll, combine Fultz creativity with Simmons hops and speed make him a dangerous lob threat.

Sac could entertain Portland with their 3 picks for 10, as long as Sac believe they could still get an O.G/Collins/Markkenan with the 15th pick. The other two wouldn't drop their picks- the Mavs only if Portland picked up some salary which they can't do.

I think Sac have plenty of cap room to take something off Portland. That turner deal is under-rated in terms how shit it is. Lots of tied up money, No cap Space, treadmill. will have to cut players to sign

Orlando desperately needs shooting and Isaac is a fair way off being a shooting 3 imo, I see the magic taking Tatum or Monk over Isaac. I think the Wolves could also use Monk if Isaac goes early, or perhaps Smith.
Orlando Desperately need anything. They have said they are looking for Length and potential, I think they'll go Issac/Monk right now WITH a really big chance to do something like go Nikilta and use pick 25-33-35 and try to package them into something better

They do need a PF however.

Remove this Banner Ad

NBA Mock draft thread/2017 Official NBA draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back