Game 1 - Sun April 19 Miami at Atlanta 8:00PM TNT
Game 2 - Wed April 22 Miami at Atlanta 8:00PM TNT
Game 3 - Sat April 25 Atlanta at Miami 6:30PM TNT
Game 4 - Mon April 27 Atlanta at Miami TBD TBD
Game 5 * Wed April 29 Miami at Atlanta TBD TBD
Game 6 * Fri May 1 Atlanta at Miami TBD TBD
Game 7 * Sun May 3 Miami at Atlanta TBD TBD

Bring it on- GO HEAT:)

No disrespect to East conference teams...

but u might as well start the 2nd round thread.

LOL Last year's NBA champions came from the East, and you know what, I am confident that this year's champs will come from the East again (Cavs) ...

although granted, there are more interesting match-ups in the 1st rnd of the Western conference.

Speaking of the spanner . . . .

Rivers Reiterates That Garnett Expected To Be Done For Season

"Yes, he's out," Doc Rivers told the Boston Globe about Kevin Garnett's status. "I feel for the season, but we just don't know yet."

Rivers initially made the surprise announcement during a radio interview earlier on Thursday.

The injury keeping Garnett on the sidelines is a strained popliteus tendon, not the bone spur which Rivers said will likely require off-season surgery.

Garnett's knee is only 70 percent healed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turkoglu missed the last two games with a sprained left ankle, and Lewis missed the last three with right knee tendinitis. Van Gundy said Lewis wanted to play in the regular-season finale Wednesday night but told him during warm-ups his knees weren't ready.

"I think he will be ready, and I hope he will be, but I just don't know at this point," Van Gundy said. "I think they'll be out there, I do. But until it's game time and they're out there, I don't know for sure."

They should come up. Hopefully.

Turkoglu missed the last two games with a sprained left ankle, and Lewis missed the last three with right knee tendinitis. Van Gundy said Lewis wanted to play in the regular-season finale Wednesday night but told him during warm-ups his knees weren't ready.

"I think he will be ready, and I hope he will be, but I just don't know at this point," Van Gundy said. "I think they'll be out there, I do. But until it's game time and they're out there, I don't know for sure."

They should come up. Hopefully.

Dude it won't matter, no one is getting past the Cavs in the East this year ...

Pretty much agree, no one should get past the Cavs.

not unless d wade has something to say!

dwhistlebj0jt7.png

Hmm, the mighty Hawks have it tough with the umpires working for Wade and against Sac-town Bibby at the same time :D

Someone give Stan a Bex please.

He just snapped. :D To be fair its a bit unfair on Yao despite stating a fact but the rest of it is hilarious.

In Van Gundy's latest rant, he takes on Sports Illustrated writer Chris Ballard, whose cover piece on Howard appeared this week. Ballard's theme was essentially about Howard's playful nature and whether he's intense enough to become a great player who can lead a team to a title.

"It bothered me a little but. Some of the things were ridiculous: How serious the guy is in a Sports Illustrated photo-shoot has an extremely minimal affect on our basketball team. Let's say none," Van Gundy said with trademark sarcasm. "How could that possibly affect our team or Dwight's chances(to win a title)? What's important is how he's playing, how he prepares for practice, how focused he is in games and how well he plays in games.... that's all that matters. The fact he's goofing around in a photo-shoot? I looked at that and said what the hell does that have to do with anything?

"Some of the the other things...well, he's not as intense as -- I think some of the names were... Kevin Garnett ...The point was made that Dwight has only got us out of the first round one time in four years. I wanted to ask the guy, 'How many times Kevin Garnett got his team out of the first round in his early years?' It took eight years. Eight years of not getting out of the first round.

"But what, because Kevin Garnett yells and scowls and screams, he cares and Dwight doesn't? It doesn't add up. Alonzo Mourning was another guy. I mean, he won a championship as a back-up center. Where did he get his teams as a starter? I love Alonzo....and he's a hard worker and he flexes....

"But nobody questions whether he cares. So what it's coming down to is not production on the court when a guy writes that; it's the look on somebody's face. So I guess that makes Ben Wallace better than Dwight. ...I find it ridiculous.

"And then they make a comparision to Yao.. . .So I had to go back and do my research and figure how many times Yao has gotten his team out of the first round. Anybody know the answer to that? That would be zero. Yet all those guys draw praise in his article and Dwight -- because he smiles and goofs off in a Sports Illustrated photo-shoot --- he's not serious enough...because of all those things, why anybody give that article any credit would be beyond me."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/

Remove this Banner Ad

NBA Playoffs- Eastern Conference First Round Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back