NBA Week 10 - The Agony of Choice

Who will win the Pacific Division?

• Golden State's $400 million payroll ought to get it done

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Clippers' four future Hall of Famers might be able to manage a Div title

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • The Lakers will get another pointless banner to hang next to the IST one

• Having three scorers who will each be making $50 mil per makes Phoenix a shoo-in

• You can trust the Kangz to be lighting the beam come April

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luka could be the best player of all time but he needs to be more of a leader.

Stop whining at referees after literally every missed shot.

Try a little bit on defence.

Stop pointing at your teammates when you are the one letting the team down on defence.
This is somewhat fair, I don’t like the whining to the level he does it but I am going to cut him some slack on the defence. It can’t be understated how hard it is to be a 2 way player in the NBA and he has perhaps the biggest offensive load in the NBA especially now Kyrie is out.

He does need to be better but it’s a rare player to be able to completely carry an offence and be a decent defender.

Stop pointing at your teammates when you are the one letting the team down on defence.
Have you watched him play this year? Has been much better at everything you have mentioned. His defense is never going to be all defensive level, but his IQ for the game means he is a step ahead a lot of the time. His defense was excellent today, being able to anticipate the offense is something Luka has a real knack for.

Have you watched him play this year? Has been much better at everything you have mentioned. His defense is never going to be all defensive level, but his IQ for the game means he is a step ahead a lot of the time. His defense was excellent today, being able to anticipate the offense is something Luka has a real knack for.
I've been watching him all year.

When Luka finally gets to the other end of the court, he is ok on defence.

Given Luka complains to the ref after nearly every missed shot, are you saying it used to be worse than this?

This is somewhat fair, I don’t like the whining to the level he does it but I am going to cut him some slack on the defence. It can’t be understated how hard it is to be a 2 way player in the NBA and he has perhaps the biggest offensive load in the NBA especially now Kyrie is out.

He does need to be better but it’s a rare player to be able to completely carry an offence and be a decent defender.

I guess if he wants to be considered in that absolute elite, best of all time conversation, then he needs to be able to do both. Jordan was a great defender. Lebron was good until the last few years.

He could improve overnight if he cut out the complaining and started hustling back. There is no reason he needs to be a bad defensive player.

The problem is that really good players aren't going to want to play with him if they think they are just signing up for the Luka offensive show.

IF Phoenix makes it.

Not only that trade- losing Bridges and Johnson but then pick up Beal that essentially plays the same role as Booker. No idea why that is an attractive trade
That's the big if

Still ill wait on the judgement until they've played more than 24 minutes together

No, he needs to be a lot better on defence before that is any sort of case.

By the end of it he'll probably go down as a top 20 of all time.

Not sure the Beal trade is the problem given how little they truly gave up. In the whole mess Grayson Allen and Jusuf Nurkic both performed very well for the most part. The issue is that 6-9 players and the fact that on that bench they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and i mean NOTHING on it.

Eubanks is deplorable, Goodwin is NBL quality, Okogie is Sunday League quality, Little cant score. Its the worst bench not only in the league today but worst in my recent recollection too. No Johnson or Damon Lee hasnt helped.

They need to find a way to fix it. At this stage John Wall should be a no brainer for example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure the Beal trade is the problem given how little they truly gave up. In the whole mess Grayson Allen and Jusuf Nurkic both performed very well for the most part. The issue is that 6-9 players and the fact that on that bench they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and i mean NOTHING on it.

Eubanks is deplorable, Goodwin is NBL quality, Okogie is Sunday League quality, Little cant score. Its the worst bench not only in the league today but worst in my recent recollection too. No Johnson or Damon Lee hasnt helped.

They need to find a way to fix it. At this stage John Wall should be a no brainer for example
The problem is you trade for stars and then they are always injured and never play together.

That is basically the beginning, the middle, and the end of it.

IF Phoenix makes it.

Not only that trade- losing Bridges and Johnson but then pick up Beal that essentially plays the same role as Booker. No idea why that is an attractive trade
Because anytime you can add a third option who plays 60 games and earns $50m a year, you gotta do it.

James Jones hasn't been able to put together a bench in years. It's ridiculous.

James Jones hasn't been able to put together a bench in years. It's ridiculous.
He is obsessed with short white guys at C, SFs at SG and the concept of having absolutely zero PGs on his roster.

Its the definition of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result

Something im accustomed too after Detroit absolutely butchered this game by grasping defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back