NBL 23/24/25 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I alone in thinking Trez will have minimal impact in NBL? Not sure his game translates that well.

I feel like he's going to go well if he comes with the energy I expect of a guy who is trying to prove his way back into the NBA.

Am I alone in thinking Trez will have minimal impact in NBL? Not sure his game translates that well.
Depends how his body is.

Even pre- injury his NBA impact was nowhere near 5 years ago. I don't think he'll star. Should be a solid contributor.

another issue is Humphries does his best work around the hoop, so how well will they fit together?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlucky for the 2 heads to get United at their fortress, 9 wins from last 10 games in Perth.

We beat the floppos when it matters.

Thought we'd get pumped actually given the quick turnaround from Singapore games and no Mac and Sword. Massive lack of scoring options without Mac and Mcveigh going to hurt.

Krslovic must have something going on with Roth. Not replacing him and giving him 20 mins in a game is criminal. Would have to be the worst player in the league, seen 45 year old bigs in social moving better.

Last edited:
Krslovic played a valuable role for the JJs in 2022, (and to a lesser extent the last 2 years) but this year the standard of big-man play should be very high

There are a bunch of bigs who have been in the NBL for years and now reaching their primes – Humphries, Froling, Pinder, Harrison, Hunter (and of course Krslovic’s teammate Magnay) plus there’s good imports like Martin, Lee. Gillespie and Groves look alright but time will tell. Montrezl Harell just came in. Almansa the next star. Olbrich was great at the Blitz. Loe in fine form at 33. Some quality 4 men might see time at the 5- Cooks, White (last night played a couple of minutes small-ball).

So compared to that group, how does Krslovic go this season? Not sure but I wonder whether Roth is planning on using Gak.

Either way, Magnay crucial for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

NBL 23/24/25 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back