The Bigfooty Week 25 thread. The Lakers have made the post season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Cuban made the call to give up and not Kidd too.

No chance Kidd survives

Its still fricken weird. Why try for 2 weeks when you didn’t want to get in the playin to begin with? Should have shut it down weeks ago

Sounds like Cuban made the call to give up and not Kidd too.

No chance Kidd survives

Its still fricken weird. Why try for 2 weeks when you didn’t want to get in the playin to begin with? Should have shut it down weeks ago
Give up limited assets for win now moves in Wood that doesn’t really move the needle and Kyrie just to try and rank the season away… you have to at least ****ing try when you have Luka

We all agree the Philly Nets series is going to be very quick, yes ?
If Mikal keeps shooting like he has in recent games it sure will be. 1/12 from 3 today

I don't get the criticism of Morey in Philly, I really don't. In effect he inherited three albatross contracts.

Also if I had a choice between load management or screwing up the Lakers' season, I wouldn't need to think about it. Have a word to your boys, Look2Me4Guidance

Gut feel is Dallas are made a example of and lose their draft pick as a result. Unlike any other tank job we have previously seen, this was done against the will of the players and the coaches by a non-basketball part of the franchise

My prediction as a punishment is losing 2023 first round pick and a 7 figure fine

Gut feel is Dallas are made a example of and lose their draft pick as a result. Unlike any other tank job we have previously seen, this was done against the will of the players and the coaches by a non-basketball part of the franchise

My prediction as a punishment is losing 2023 first round pick and a 7 figure fine
Typical NBA picking and choosing, The Thunder were blatant with it last year, Portland have given up on the year 2 years in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont think any other team Luka would entertain going too hold as many first round picks as New York. Also think those players are young and in the right age they want. Once Luka goes its Tank City so Toppin/Barrett/Quickley who all have 5 years til their primes fit the bill
Toppin is okay but nothing great and Barrett is not a great asset, i like Quickley but he is not the centre piece of a Luka trade. Look at what People saying KD would be the biggest haul of all time. At Lukas age with his ability it would have to be a bigger trade.

Toppin is okay but nothing great and Barrett is not a great asset, i like Quickley but he is not the centre piece of a Luka trade. Look at what People saying KD would be the biggest haul of all time. At Lukas age with his ability it would have to be a bigger trade.

I think Dallas will want those millions of picks as opposed to players

I think 6 1st rounders in my deal type situation

The picks they have aren't even very good, they have protections on them. I would much rather get a young player of note and a ton of picks. He will get offers that good.

But having Luka basically means you won't be getting any top 10 picks. At least with a Durant trade you can assume that there's a chance of getting good picks with Durant being mid 30s and Paul almost retired.

But having Luka basically means you won't be getting any top 10 picks. At least with a Durant trade you can assume that there's a chance of getting good picks with Durant being mid 30s and Paul almost retired.
Good point to be honest.

I mean what are the alternatives really though ? No one else besides Houston or OKC have then draft picks available

Typical NBA picking and choosing, The Thunder were blatant with it last year, Portland have given up on the year 2 years in a row.
Yeah neither of those sides threw game 81 to keep their protected pick, despite still being able to make the playoffs. That's quite a bit different to just being a poor team.

Yeah neither of those sides threw game 81 to keep their protected pick, despite still being able to make the playoffs. That's quite a bit different to just being a poor team.
Portland literally sat Dame for a few weeks to get a bigger pick and pulled Shaedon for the second half of a game because he was playing too well. You are right it is different… one team tanked a single game, the others tanked for weeks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back