NBL 23/24/25 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Without watching the game, Adams and Cooks being in poor health means this win doesn't really impress me.

I'd expect almost any NBL team to defeat Sydney at home, if Adams and Cooks were sitting for most of the game (Adams) or underperforming due to illness (Cooks). Cooks has been the best player this season, with him struggling they aren't the same beast. Regardless of their depth

Without watching the game, Adams and Cooks being in poor health means this win doesn't really impress me.

Something something bank wins.

Adelaide without their first choice import too. Some bloke who hadn’t played in over a year beat cooks up

Adams and Cooks being in poor health means this win doesn't really impress me.

It was an entertaining game and a good win, but I agree it's not all that meaningful because of those circumstances.
However ...

Cooks has been the best player this season

... let's not get too carried away now!

It was an entertaining game and a good win, but I agree it's not all that meaningful because of those circumstances.

It’s worth no more or no less than any other win at this point of the year

Jeez, South East Melbourne's offence is dire. I know little about basketball, but 60% of the team might as well not bother being out there. The standard SEM offensive set for the first 5-7 minutes of the second half was:

Dribble to the top of the key.
Take a couple of crossovers.
Call a screen.

THEN
Go around the screen.
Take a contested three-pointer.
Miss

OR
Go around the screen
Drive to the basket to two or three waiting defensive players..

THEN
Take a low percentage shot and turn the ball over.

OR
Force a bad pass to the roller and turn the ball over.

Meanwhile, the other three players are statues on the 3 point line.

Jeez, South East Melbourne's offence is dire. I know little about basketball, but 60% of the team might as well not bother being out there. The standard SEM offensive set for the first 5-7 minutes of the second half was:

Dribble to the top of the key.
Take a couple of crossovers.
Call a screen.

THEN
Go around the screen.
Take a contested three-pointer.
Miss

OR
Go around the screen
Drive to the basket to two or three waiting defensive players..

THEN
Take a low percentage shot and turn the ball over.

OR
Force a bad pass to the roller and turn the ball over.

Meanwhile, the other three players are statues on the 3 point line.
They are an NBL1 team at best. One that still misses the finals.

Wasn't exactly a clash of the titanic gameplans & individual basketball IQs out there tonight was it. Yikes.

Remove this Banner Ad

NBL 23/24/25 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back