NBL 23/24/25 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure im a huge fan of the Phoenix owner calling Goulding a flopper.

I mean he is, but owners shouldnt get involved there

Owners are fine I reckon. More poor if it was from a coach etc

The NBL really overdoes the DJ/music constantly playing at times. Entire songs from start to finish never necessary

The Jackjumpers game had spotlights going around the the crowd DURING play.

It’s like the NBL wants the game to be a sideshow to the off-court gimmicks.

Looking forward to seeing NZ get challenged

3-1 but they've played Brisbane twice, SEM, and Perth with Cotton being injured early. This week Adelaide and United will properly test them.

The way I saw it, Mooney and Darling shot out of their skins because we showed no inclination to play proper defence. Too many of their shots were uncontested looks.
We showed a bit of grit in the 2nd quarter to pull the margin back for half time, and that was about it I thought. Hard to pull back an opponent's lead when you phone it in on every 2nd defensive possession.

It doesn't help when the coach doesn't have a concept of defence. Rillies' only game plan is score more than the opposition and his idea of offence is everyone stand on the three point line and shoot 3s, occasionally set a soft screen for Bryce so he can shoot a contested 3 and if the doesn't work shoot more 3s.

Not sure im a huge fan of the Phoenix owner calling Goulding a flopper.

I mean he is, but owners shouldnt get involved there

The problem if he doesn't call out CG Floppy3 then who does? Certainly not the NBL or its Referees and Commentators all of whom fight over who gets to polish his knob next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sobey and Goulding in a room together - who is looked on more favourably?

Goulding most likely. I'd also give serious though before stepping into said room the slightest nudge from the breeze and both would be splayed over the floor like throw rugs.

Remove this Banner Ad

NBL 23/24/25 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back