NBL 23/24/25 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hoping so, but wasn't one of the first things he did was sign Rillie up for 3 years? That parts a worry

Missed that

Yeah that's not a good sign, will be riots if they let Cotton walk though

I'm hoping so, but wasn't one of the first things he did was sign Rillie up for 3 years? That parts a worry

Fortunately Arena has deep pockets. He should do the right thing, keep the talent happy fire Rillie and absorb the cost of his contract.

Herald Sun ruminating about Cotton looking to get out of Perth with Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne United lurking.
Delly and Ili would be perfect counterparts, like Damien Martin was.

We've got CG signed til 2027 but they might be thinking Cotton takes his starting spot, CG's 36 tomorrow and slowing down a bit. Essentially Cotton would replace Ian Clark.

Last edited:

In addition to everything mentioned above, Tatum made a few other comments. The first 5 or 6 minutes of the presser are worth watching in full. Huge fine incoming.

Interestingly Tatum and Vickerman both mentioned the time-out issue, Tatum implied that Vickerman should've been penalised for attempting to take a time-out without having any available (which is the rule). Vickerman thought he had one. Hard to imagine an experienced coach like Vickerman stuffing that up. Did he use all his Time outs or not? I'll be interested to find out.

The entire sequence was shambolic for multiple reasons.

Last edited:
The NBL really overdoes the DJ/music constantly playing at times. Entire songs from start to finish never necessary

Wife and I are heading to my first game since the Phil Smyth era tonight so I’ll see how it feels in the building.

I was getting annoyed with the music remaining on when play started at times

Wife and I are heading to my first game since the Phil Smyth era tonight so I’ll see how it feels in the building.

I was getting annoyed with the music remaining on when play started at times
Watching NBA yesterday and NBL (especially on the day I posted that) are so wildly different. NBL just does not stop the music, it's constant, and sometimes multiple minutes of a song. Is the league that void of atmosphere they need to artificially create it (I dont think so but I can't think of another reason they'd do this)

Maybe I just watched a 'bad' game for it! Hope so anyway as it's annoying AF

I wanted to go tonight but mates bailed. Think we'll crush Cairns tbh, hope so anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you haven’t written Perth off yet, now seems like a good time

Na, Rillies coaching genius will save us

Herald Sun ruminating about Cotton looking to get out of Perth with Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne United lurking.

Bit left field but have heard a few interviews with Bryce over the last fortnight or so, and in each one he's mentioned how his 2nd favourite place in Australia is Cairns

Not sure they'd have the cash but they do have Forde who I'm pretty sure has a really good relationship with him

Love it. Love the passion.

Goulding is a ****ing baby. God I dislike the guy. When will the league do something about his spirit to the game? It’s so ugly to see

If only there was a way to punish constant flopping. If only there was a rule about it? Perhaps the first time they could give him a warning, second time a tech, third time a tech and ejection. It's a novel concept I know and one that'd never be applied to Floppy 43 even if it did exist.

Remove this Banner Ad

NBL 23/24/25 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back