NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

:(

Bump! Can anyone help me out here? Trying to see if there are any/many differences in state leagues that may affect playing standards. Club admin and football operations all seem to be on the same plan/standard across the country. Any info would be great!

The NEAFL is not quite at that level where list spots are competed for at training and officially allocated pre season, there is always spare at the end of the list for late interstate movers etc.A lot of players will move in Jan for instance, also the reserves competition has become disjointed with not enough teams (GC NT & Lions don't have reserves) so with a lot of byes not the ideal place to be. Underneath the NEAFL is a strong competition referred to as The PHC (Pineapple Hotel Cup) and players not quite making the grade in the NEAFL can go and play here rather than play reserves in the NEAFL.So the bottom end of the list is always liquid through the season.We even have NEAFL players permited to play in lower leagues during the season.Then we have the strange Qld phenomenon of listed players for established NEAFL clubs playing for the opposition Suns reserve side but that is a story for another day.

Hope that helps Maxer.

Cheers Beach, got a grasp of it now.

Just with this one:
Lifes a Beach said:
We even have NEAFL players permited to play in lower leagues during the season.

Could a NEAFL player have a PHC club listed as his secondary place to play or is it for the rare bye that the player in the NEAFL gets a clearance to play elsewhere for the round?

Also, is there a relegation/promotion system between the competitions?

Cheers Beach, got a grasp of it now.

Just with this one:

Could a NEAFL player have a PHC club listed as his secondary place to play or is it for the rare bye that the player in the NEAFL gets a clearance to play elsewhere for the round?

Also, is there a relegation/promotion system between the competitions?

1/ the rare bye, but can go at any time, to any club even lower divisions if his club allows it.

2/ No relegation/promotion system, but continual rationalisation of the competitions.

Yes Maurie, Brewer just turned 19. And if you saw him play in their next game you will notice how much he has improved since you saw him a number of weeks ago.Not just his ruck work but other facets of the game.
I see one of your players has pulled the boots on again after a couple of years off. Thats Dean Johnson who is still only 24 or so. A big guy who played a few senior games a couple of seasons ago. Hows he going.

Yeah, good to see Johno back...played 2's against Aspley...still pretty fresh...wil gett better..Ryan Head though,..outstanding and I reckon a certainty to play against Morningside..Ryan v Gough.....??? 2 retirees....go figure.....

Yeah, good to see Johno back...played 2's against Aspley...still pretty fresh...wil gett better..Ryan Head though,..outstanding and I reckon a certainty to play against Morningside..Ryan v Gough.....??? 2 retirees....go figure.....

Why would Mt Gravatt include a player who has past history on and off the field?They have got rid of all the dead wood and are a top chance of finishing Minor Premiers with current batch of players.Are developing their young players beautifully.

The NEAFL is not quite at that level where list spots are competed for at training and officially allocated pre season, there is always spare at the end of the list for late interstate movers etc.A lot of players will move in Jan for instance, also the reserves competition has become disjointed with not enough teams (GC NT & Lions don't have reserves) so with a lot of byes not the ideal place to be. Underneath the NEAFL is a strong competition referred to as The PHC (Pineapple Hotel Cup) and players not quite making the grade in the NEAFL can go and play here rather than play reserves in the NEAFL.So the bottom end of the list is always liquid through the season.We even have NEAFL players permited to play in lower leagues during the season.Then we have the strange Qld phenomenon of listed players for established NEAFL clubs playing for the opposition Suns reserve side but that is a story for another day.

Hope that helps Maxer.

Matt and Adam Clark should play as top up players for rest of the year.Only way they will play finals this season.

Tips.

Sharks unfortunately.
Vultures to finish the reigning Premiers season

Hey guys, I know theres still 3 plus rounds to go, but how about you put your predictions in for the winner and top3 or 4 in the Grogan medal.
I back Zorko to win, from Payne (sharks) Copeland (hornets) and Smith (Mt Gravatt). Darkhorses being Grayson (Tigers),Mallen (sharks) Tapp (NT) and Cornelius (Lions).

PUT YOUR PREDICTIONS IN FOR A BIT OF FUN.

Hey guys, I know theres still 3 plus rounds to go, but how about you put your predictions in for the winner and top3 or 4 in the Grogan medal.
I back Zorko to win, from Payne (sharks) Copeland (hornets) and Smith (Mt Gravatt). Darkhorses being Grayson (Tigers),Mallen (sharks) Tapp (NT) and Cornelius (Lions).

and Carse at Redland should get plenty of votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a bit of fun but I reckon your darkhorses will be lucky to get 10 votes between them.

grogan

copeland winner
payne winner
smith mtg winner

kinch dark horse

won't be the first 3 way tie either

Damo,

This prediction is not far off the mark IMO, I think the winner will come from these three or even four (as below), Bushie might be a little outspoken with his opinons, Paynee has already bagged one and very close to another and Smithy is a talent who lets his footy do the talking - although it is the year of the Zorko and who knows a four way tie might be an option as well, good luck to all of the top fancies as they are all likley chances and all of them play our game well.

At the end of the day the Grogan will be won by one or several players who in the opinion of the umpires throughout the season in each game was the best and fairest player.

GOOD LUCK IN GUESSING THAT ONE.

Syd Guilford - Matthew Payne
Grogan (decided by umpires !!) - Zorko (very deserving) , if the Umpires allocate points on the number of free kicks they award to players Cam Ilett won't get a vote !! Kinch should poll well but Siders haven't won enough games

Tips for weekend :

Morningside (will Mt Gravatt win another game !)
Southport

I have a question :

If Morningside and Southport lose this weekend, are the likes of Gough, Spackman, Holman and Payne (their host clubs agreeing of course ) eligible to play for NT Thunder the following week when they take on GWS in Sydney minus all their players who are unavailable because of the Clontarf Academy camp - Cam Ilett, Iggy Valejo, Jason Roe, Charlie Maher, Karl Lohdie etc !

They are not playing another QLD club and GC Suns have been allowed such liberties with the use of Sam Faure from Morningside when they play the Lions or Swans!!

I have a question :

If Morningside and Southport lose this weekend, are the likes of Gough, Spackman, Holman and Payne (their host clubs agreeing of course ) eligible to play for NT Thunder the following week when they take on GWS in Sydney minus all their players who are unavailable because of the Clontarf Academy camp - Cam Ilett, Iggy Valejo, Jason Roe, Charlie Maher, Karl Lohdie etc !

They are not playing another QLD club and GC Suns have been allowed such liberties with the use of Sam Faure from Morningside when they play the Lions or Swans!!
Vultures will win again...and I reckon it's morningside who will be in dangerous territory re finals....southport far too good for struggling tigers.

Doc, in regard to the question you pose, surely that won't occur. I won't go over my rant of a few weeks ago (not on the red this time of day) but the 'top up' rules allowed for some clubs over others is the biggest blight on what has been an otherwise exceptional debut year for the NEAFL.

I can't see these biased 'exceptions' being allowed to continue next year. That suns can rest players to, obtain a physical advantage in future games, and call on players from other teams that have played senior football, is nothing more than bias and inequality. It has happened this year and should never happen again. Its about list management and if the minnow clubs of the competition do just that and get no concessions, then everyone else MUST do it, otherwise it is a mockery.

As for the Grogan - I reckon Smith & Zorko are the stand outs

Morningside to upset Mounties to keep their season alive in a close top quality match by 8 points
Southport to comfortably dispose of Labrador who have had a disasterous year by 43 points.

Agree with your Suns top up rants Maurie, but overall credit to the administrators and clubs for the NEAFL having an excellent 1st year. Expect the Canberra teams to ramp it up for next year after being shown as clearly the weaker conference this year. Sharks to be pretty active recruiters as well.

Morningside to upset Mounties to keep their season alive in a close top quality match by 8 points
Southport to comfortably dispose of Labrador who have had a disasterous year by 43 points.

Agree with your Suns top up rants Maurie, but overall credit to the administrators and clubs for the NEAFL having an excellent 1st year. Expect the Canberra teams to ramp it up for next year after being shown as clearly the weaker conference this year. Sharks to be pretty active recruiters as well.

My Tips

Mt Gravatt
Southport

Syd Guilford - Matthew Payne
Grogan (decided by umpires !!) - Zorko (very deserving) , if the Umpires allocate points on the number of free kicks they award to players Cam Ilett won't get a vote !! Kinch should poll well but Siders haven't won enough games

Tips for weekend :

Morningside (will Mt Gravatt win another game !)
Southport

Siders have won same amount of games as Broady with a game in hand Doc.Vultures will win again,touch wood not this week end

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back