NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said Maurie.

Must say though a Cairns and a PNG side would add again to the comp. A 12 team Northern Conference would be pretty good and 18 round draw be something like this:

Play Every team in the conference once. - (11 rounds)
GC teams play GC teams twice/three times, Bris play Bris teams twice, NT/Cairns/PNG play twice/3 times (4 rounds)
Crossover games with Eastern Conference (3 rounds)

I reckon at some point they would want a team from Sunny Coast as well, not possible now but in 10 years? Maybe to replace NT after they go into the AFL with a side from Tassie in 10 years? Seems unlikely but if Suns and Giants are successful guaranteed AFL will expand again.

Eastern Conference expanded from the 9 next year with extra 1-2 from Sydney and maybe even one from Wagga or Albury/Wodonga or even NZ. Just speculating but I wouldn't rule anything out, and in 10 years it will be intersting to see how it all looks.

who will pay for this?

if i was a local footy club i would play in the PHC (QAFL) this would guarantee survival in a good comp.

A matter of principle. Doesnt matter if its $1 or $1000, you should be paid properly to the original agreed amount. Of course theres never an error in the customer's favour, always him trying to short change you so he knows it. Should have his license stripped. Other incidents are him saying I had more money on when I lose and trying to say I had a lesser amount on when I win. Criminal is what Murray Bird is!

Cannot be mis quoted if you email him and he confirms bet.If you bet by phone his race day # is recorded or it should be by law.He has just been allowed to re operate after he received a month suspension for taking bets on personal phone.

Off to the Alice tomorrow to hopefully see beloved Cats keep in finals race.Cannot see it even with Ewing having a week off.Zorko to win double Grogan and Syd Guilford.

Tips are

Redlands
Aspley
Suns
Nt

Off to the Alice tomorrow to hopefully see beloved Cats keep in finals race.Cannot see it even with Ewing having a week off.Zorko to win double Grogan and Syd Guilford.

Tips are

Redlands
Aspley
Suns
Nt

Love your commitment Staminade! Hope your not driving...fair hike!

Might be a show this weekend - no Ewing - thats around 6 golas less they will kick!

Dont know about Zorko tho..Chris Smith has had a blinder year! Be happy with quinella.

who will pay for this?

if i was a local footy club i would play in the PHC (QAFL) this would guarantee survival in a good comp.

Yeah I agree Speedy - surely the absolute #1 criteria for any footy club is survival, not necessarily trying to play in the best competition in your region. No point doing this for a few years and then taking the honour boards down.

Love your commitment Staminade! Hope your not driving...fair hike!

Might be a show this weekend - no Ewing - thats around 6 golas less they will kick!

Dont know about Zorko tho..Chris Smith has had a blinder year! Be happy with quinella.

Payne the worry esp if Sharks keep winning.Fair effort from him to be on leaderboard in a team at bottom of ladder most of the year.Always polls well with the umpires.
By all reports should get 3 grogan and 5 Syd Guilford votes for towelling up Panthers.

Maurie,

I called into the Aspley V Mt Gravatt game at half time, you are not far off the mark from what I saw, the Vultures seemed very undicsiplined for the last 2 quarters with a few boofheaded Aspley supporters in the outer getting more attention from the Vulture players than the Hornet players themselves.

Albert might be lucky not to have some explaining to do to the MRP after losing it in the 3rd quarter, if it was not for some very average kicking for goal by Aspley in the last quarter it may have been a different story - Winners are griners so the story goes and the Vultures got the points in this one - I will be making it a point to get to the rematch in 4 weeks time as it has the makings of a blockbuster game for the seasons end, Vultures 3rd spot and double chance and Hornets position in or out of the 5 could be on the line in this one.

did proud get booked?
what did he do?

who will pay for this?

Fair point and I am just speculating.

But 5-6 years ago if somebody said that there would be a NT side in QAFL and games against Canberra sides, I would have said "Who will pay for this?"

In the next couple of years, with a 1.25 billion TV deal who knows? PNG has talent, everyone knows this and a side in the NEAFL is not out of the question IMO. And Cairns has already been talked about.

Aspley to flog a coachless Belconnen by 85 points
NT to just get over the Cats- but wouldn't be surprised of an upset here given a few NT boys unavailable.
Redland to win comfortably in Canberra by 6 goals
Suns Reserves to beat Lions by 6 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point and I am just speculating.

But 5-6 years ago if somebody said that there would be a NT side in QAFL and games against Canberra sides, I would have said "Who will pay for this?"

In the next couple of years, with a 1.25 billion TV deal who knows? PNG has talent, everyone knows this and a side in the NEAFL is not out of the question IMO. And Cairns has already been talked about.

you are spot on there, i played in the 90s when there was only 6 teams for the majority of it. the Neafl will be the league covering the eastern states this will allow the PHC to be the qafl with traditional clubs such as sandgate mayne grange and wests competing, perhaps the medals - grogan and ray hughson should go to this league and new medals and traditions be struck for the Neafl - Dean Warren Medal - best player, Fulton medal - goal kicker, Gough medal bog in GF, Dare/Blair medal best coach.... just a thought for the future/

Hoping Aspley,Redlands,Broady and Suns lose but cannot see that happening.

NT
Aspley
Redlands
Suns

Chikka,

History has many times shown when the coach/es resign or get the chop, the players come to the fore, this game tomorrow at Graham Road can end in either of 2 ways. Aspley by a landslide or the Capital Magpies in a huge upset to win their second game for the season. For Morningside's sake it might be a case of a die in the heart Blues supporter going for a form of Magpie to get his wish.

For QFLQ & NEAFL fans who follow the expat Qld players, do yourselve's a favour and get on to the SANFL web site and have a look at the SANFL Round 16 mark of the round, ex Morningside / Redland player Lee Spurr has taken it out with an absolute ripper hanger - how that kid never got picked up at the AFL level is beyond me and I am sure a lot of others,to think of the players who have gone through the system around the time he was 18 and since, most of those would be in trouble just keeping up with his motor not to mention his skill, most weeks this year he is mentioned in the best players for Central Districts in the SANFL who I think are going for 11 flags in 12 years this year.

Log on to www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtCfyNpx7Kc this is a mark of the year in any comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back