NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

mitch hahn will play in the neafl next year as well i reckon
Not sure about this one. There was an article in the inside footy during the week about him. He said that he hopes to continue to play in the VFL next year and work in player developement and welfare.

Good documentary on the Thunder this morning on ABC, interesting to note they said they want to join SANFL after their 5 year contract is up in QLD.

Good documentary on the Thunder this morning on ABC, interesting to note they said they want to join SANFL after their 5 year contract is up in QLD.

Interesting wish list, they would want to improve by at least 50% to even go close week in and week out the SANFL at this time of their development, they were shown up big time against the WA side in the Foxtel Cup this year.

Not the first time he has been named in best with a couple of touches....adds (fake) credibility to their decision to keep him I am guessing...

Interesting wish list, they would want to improve by at least 50% to even go close week in and week out the SANFL at this time of their development, they were shown up big time against the WA side in the Foxtel Cup this year.

We must have watched a different game. The one I watched had the Thunder going down by 6 points, and clearly had the ascendency and would have won a full length game comfortably. With their financial resources and talent base, they will be able to compete in the SANFL no worries. I see them in the AFL in 8-10 years actually.

Shame if they leave the NEAFL, maybe they could be replaced by a Cairns or PNG team.

We must have watched a different game. The one I watched had the Thunder going down by 6 points, and clearly had the ascendency and would have won a full length game comfortably. With their financial resources and talent base, they will be able to compete in the SANFL no worries. I see them in the AFL in 8-10 years actually.

Shame if they leave the NEAFL, maybe they could be replaced by a Cairns or PNG team.

no way on gods green earth could we support an AFL side

and having said that it would be more likely the NT be admitted to the AFL than the SANFL for the following reasons

A. I'm not sure the afl will want thunder to move with GWS, GC, Swans, Lions in the neafl and they'll want that comp to be as strong as possible.

B. The SANFL are a bunch of insular **********s. NT wanted to join but the SANFL wanted NT to cover all the costs of travel for every side + the Thunder wouldn't get any dividend from the SANFL like the other 9 clubs + some other quite interesting conditions.

back to regularly scheduled programming.

No we watched the same game, the touch up I was talking about was by a lower than a top WAFL Side (top sides in the WAFL and SANFL did not want to be a part of it so we got their second raiters) who were under strenghted in talent for the game.

Travel has been the achilles heel for the NT since they came into the AFLQ- NEAFL comp.

This year they have had a few more games at home (thanks to some kinder sides giving up their home games advantage - which may in the end cost the Vultures a flag) and it has worked in their favour - so far.

If they win the NEAFL Grand final at Redlands in Brisbane in two weeks then IMO they have improved to the next level - If they dont then they have not and are very suspect away from home.

To travell to SA every second week and play the type of real footy that they still play down there would be a big ask for any side especially the NT Thunder who have had trouble playing against NEAFL sides in Alice Springs this year which is technically a home game.

AFL inclusion? maybe if the leauge bosses decide that its time to relocate a traditional club North, but that wont be until Tassie has an Afl side and then the comp will be saturated with more lower standard games and more rule changes to give non ball players a chance to make it. The GS Suns are the benchmark for the future - On that I am not looking forward in watching another season of easybeat football with the Suns and Giants slugging it out for the wooden spoon next year.

check out ntnews.com.au

Thunder all over it, and some great articles both about football and thunder related community work. Seems Tungatalum was dropped for skipping work on wednesday. Hope the Thunder can win this comp, they win it captures the attention of an entire territory/state, siders or vultures win, it means celebration for a few hundred ppl max.

Tell me thats what teaching a culture is all about! Good on the Thunder. More footy clubs should be making it known that we only sign up good people firstly, then good players, rather than bleeding crap cliches about "developing young men" and then letting them get away with blue murder bc they are a half decent footballer.

I imagine I'm reading this comment right anyway!!

NT will never have their own side - population base wouldn't sustain it. Tassie only side to come in (maybe) but all i can see is that the future says that the AFL will stabilise as an 18 team comp. They have all bases covered now and those states/regions that can't sustain their own side (NT, Tassie, Canberra, Nth Qld) will get the handful of matches played there each year.

I reckon in due course that the solution Mick Malthouse proposed a few weeks ago in The Australian for fixturing might get a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit confused Snorkle by this comment, they only lost by a goal and if the game went another 30 seconds I know who would have one. Rumour I heard next year is that AFL listed players won't be able to play and that is what beat them that day is the Fremantle players

Read with interest that Guy McKenna has banned 'Mad Monday' and will start player reviews today in preparation for next year, because they want to be a "Professional" unit. I would have thought a professional club/team would want their next tier players involved in the quality and demands of finals football as a development process rather than 'lying down' because they are all off to Thailand on the pre-booked trip-away next Saturday.

If you want respect please earn it! :confused:

Not bothering to tally up the tips, Morningside had the bye.

The competition needs the integrity of all the clubs and the management of that competition,otherwise you are tearing at the fabric of what makes sport the drama we all love, no favours should be given or sought and a environment where excellence will win out under the pressure of competition has to be the aim.

This has to be fixed you cannot run any sport this way.

This is sour note to almost finish the season but the good news is the three teams left are all capable of winning the Premiership so the next two games will be indicative of where the competition is at, they will be crackers.

Read with interest that Guy McKenna has banned 'Mad Monday' and will start player reviews today in preparation for next year, because they want to be a "Professional" unit. I would have thought a professional club/team would want their next tier players involved in the quality and demands of finals football as a development process rather than 'lying down' because they are all off to Thailand on the pre-booked trip-away next Saturday.

If you want respect please earn it! :confused:

couldnt agree more oddball. if only the young hornets were good enough to get over morningside, they could have been playing in a prelim too. how would you rate the hornets year oddball? come a fair way in three years.

couldnt agree more oddball. if only the young hornets were good enough to get over morningside, they could have been playing in a prelim too. how would you rate the hornets year oddball? come a fair way in three years.
Could've been palying Foxtel Cup too BigE??

the grogan on tonight. seeing i have never been to one and unlikely to get an invite any time soon. i have heard the night is as boring as batshit

payne
zork
copeland
smith are my top contenders

i wouldn't be surprised if there is a player that polls the most votes and can't win it

i suppose nick reiwodlt will be name in the qld team of the year and captain. like he is every year, even when he can't get a kick

the grogan on tonight. seeing i have never been to one and unlikely to get an invite any time soon. i have heard the night is as boring as batshit

payne
zork
copeland
smith are my top contenders

i wouldn't be surprised if there is a player that polls the most votes and can't win it

i suppose nick reiwodlt will be name in the qld team of the year and captain. like he is every year, even when he can't get a kick

Damo

I will do everything within my power to get you a ticket next year, you may have to improve your choice in polo shirt.
Quite a social event and not as boring as you think.
Unfortunately the Grogan is decided by umpires and Syd Guilford by Media, I think they should have a Player's Plyer medal

Damo

I will do everything within my power to get you a ticket next year, you may have to improve your choice in polo shirt.
Quite a social event and not as boring as you think.
Unfortunately the Grogan is decided by umpires and Syd Guilford by Media, I think they should have a Player's Plyer medal

it doesn't exactly bother me that i don't get a look in. what no shorts and thongs allowed

yes the umpires have had a few shockers over the years. jarred brennan getting 3 votes on a day where he barely got a kick and the team got beaten by 16 goals takes the cake

Not bothering to tally up the tips, Morningside had the bye.

The competition needs the integrity of all the clubs and the management of that competition,otherwise you are tearing at the fabric of what makes sport the drama we all love, no favours should be given or sought and a environment where excellence will win out under the pressure of competition has to be the aim.

This has to be fixed you cannot run any sport this way.

This is sour note to almost finish the season but the good news is the three teams left are all capable of winning the Premiership so the next two games will be indicative of where the competition is at, they will be crackers.

Not sure about that - best tell the VFL, the TAC, among many comps of all different codes. At the end of the day the NEAFL is what it is. Many comps are compromised by some playing having different agendas. The Lions 2's play with up to 10 top up players each week occasionally - how can you solve this? As someone said previously, the ONLY reason the AFLQ survives is bc of the monies thrown in by the AFL - think you just have to suck it up and be happy that there is actually a good standard of footy for the best players in Qld to play.

Not sure about that - best tell the VFL, the TAC, among many comps of all different codes. At the end of the day the NEAFL is what it is. Many comps are compromised by some playing having different agendas. The Lions 2's play with up to 10 top up players each week occasionally - how can you solve this? As someone said previously, the ONLY reason the AFLQ survives is bc of the monies thrown in by the AFL - think you just have to suck it up and be happy that there is actually a good standard of footy for the best players in Qld to play.

where do you think the league would be if they weren't given a hand out when it went insolvent 15 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back