NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Reports all planes out of Darwin are booked out.Hope so as very little atmosphere today.Loudest noise was the comeback from Southports 2s,down by 50 and stormed home to beat Vultures by 2 points.

Chikka, yeah, disappointing crowd, lucky to be 800 there.
Good support for the Panthers, but didnt see/hear a lot of supporters for Mt Gravatt in comparsion.Ground surface was a picture and facilities good. The NEAFL must look at a increased level of exposure to the public via the media to increase the following of this league, which in turn will generate much needed revenue for the clubs.

In comparison we had more than 5000 there last week I think.

Plus functions and the like.

they will always play the gf at a neutral venue. your team gets an advantage all season long with 12 home games, 3 more than anyone else. just be happy that you're in and a massive chance at winning a flag

SMY1305:
I dont think a lot of young blokes get the oportunity to get invited to play at Aspley, they have got plenty of their own juniors comming through judging on this years performance and I dont know if they attract match payments or not. It is not my business or my concern.

What all you observours to my comments are missing - is that the game not only in QLD but across the whole North Eastern region is changing at very rapid rate, it is not about who or how much a player gets paid it is about club survival.

Agree.

Go and ask your committee members or your President how they along with the club are going to sustain the costs of the cross conference trips alone when the AFL pull their current funding for the NEAFL competition

Remember the current clubs in the first 2 years (so I am led to beleive) that are in this the new NEAFL Competition are there on probation and must come up with the acceptable Business Plans and Sponsorships predictions ETC for the future to maybe win a license to continue to play in this ever evolving new NEAFL format.

If they cannot meet the required criteria it will be back the the PHC Competition just like the Magpies (although I am led to believe it was their call on this relegation last year). The next ones to go will be directed.

With that in mind, currently I can only count three clubs in the South East region that could possibly fund a true football operation in that order - one from the Gold Coast and two from Brisbane (does that remind you of the early rumours of the format of the comp).

The comp will not survive without AFL input - no club in Qld could survive with the expenses attached to travelling added to the normal club costs at this level outside of Southport IMO - not even Aspley. The AFL overrate greatly just how well football clubs around Australia are travelling.

Your Very Febal comment of the misery brought on by a weakness to walk away or walk past a poker machine (you forgot to mention the alcoholics as well - as it has been mentioned on this forum that the fat beer drinkers in the bar at Aspley are very opininated would this count as them), I dont think is anywhere near what is funding the current footy clubs in Qld (it is saving you a shit load of more taxes though), if it is, then all clubs are at an equall, as the last time I checked all NEAFL clubs or clubhouses had their own fair share of one armed bandits)

We'll agree to disagree on this one then.

Its the so called supporters who barrack for a club but dont support it, they are the misery guts in my opinion - the people who take pride in watching the games each week and saying they follow a particular club but dont spend a cent to help keep them playing week in and week out.

All current NEAFL footy club members who wish to continue with this current status quo should be working out the flamming obvious - what can I do for my club instead of what can my club do for me. Then getting off their bums and doing it.

The strong clubs will survive and the weak clubs will perish - mark my words.

100% agree with these final sentiments - ppl can't have it both ways.

Redlands just feels like you are practically in NZ by the time you get there. Didn't realise you could drive that far east before you hit water from the Bruce Hwy!

Drove for a long time today to get to the game. 800 a pretty good estimate and a bit disappointing and I reckon if it was at Coorparoo you would have got double. Fantastic playing surface and good facilities at Redland but parking will be a problem next week. Not sure what the alternatives were though. What's Springwood's ground like LOL? Needs to be a central venue.

I had tipped the Panthers but was not expecting it to be as convincing as it turned out to be. MT Gravatt were very flat-it was the worst I had seen them play all year. On the flip-side when you compare Panthers 2011 to 2010 you have to think that at the moment they are looking better this year. No Rogers, Kimball, Hickey, Kinch (available next week is the mail I got) but Mollison covers Hickey Brown covers Rogers, and when you look at the addition of Spackman, and the young fellas Allen etc and Bell now being a matchwinner I reckon they have stepped it up again. Throw in Lillico in better nick than last year, and their other veterans are still going ok. Have I missed anything Chikka?

An early tip but I reckon they will beat the Thunder next Sunday. The game at the smaller Redlands ground suits their big strong bodies. NT's fast blokes will not be able to find the space afforded to them all year with the large grounds they normally play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drove for a long time today to get to the game. 800 a pretty good estimate and a bit disappointing and I reckon if it was at Coorparoo you would have got double. Fantastic playing surface and good facilities at Redland but parking will be a problem next week. Not sure what the alternatives were though. What's Springwood's ground like LOL? Needs to be a central venue.

I had tipped the Panthers but was not expecting it to be as convincing as it turned out to be. MT Gravatt were very flat-it was the worst I had seen them play all year. On the flip-side when you compare Panthers 2011 to 2010 you have to think that at the moment they are looking better this year. No Rogers, Kimball, Hickey, Kinch (available next week is the mail I got) but Mollison covers Hickey Brown covers Rogers, and when you look at the addition of Spackman, and the young fellas Allen etc and Bell now being a matchwinner I reckon they have stepped it up again. Throw in Lillico in better nick than last year, and their other veterans are still going ok. Have I missed anything Chikka?

An early tip but I reckon they will beat the Thunder next Sunday. The game at the smaller Redlands ground suits their big strong bodies. NT's fast blokes will not be able to find the space afforded to them all year with the large grounds they normally play on.

Yeah,good comments 2010 premier.As I said, their experienced guys are on song and the likes of youngsters such as Bell,Allen,Yagmoor and Mollison just add to the equation.
Will be one hell of a performace to knock off the talent laden Thunder,but the Panthers have all the artillery to do this. Abey , has kicked 18 goals in 3 finals games. great effort.

Chikka, yeah, disappointing crowd, lucky to be 800 there.
Good support for the Panthers, but didnt see/hear a lot of supporters for Mt Gravatt in comparsion.Ground surface was a picture and facilities good. The NEAFL must look at a increased level of exposure to the public via the media to increase the following of this league, which in turn will generate much needed revenue for the clubs.

Facilities great !!

Rooms tiny for Grand Final (players deserve better) and I heard a rumour that the dedicated Medical room was used by the Umpires. I even heard that one of the benches was taken up by a goal umpire getting a rub before the game !!
Spare me !!!!

9am: Gates Open

10.45am: QAFL Reserves Grand Final

Redland v Southport

1.25pm: Reserves premiership cup and Billy Hardy Medal presentation

1.53pm: Helicopter delivers premiership cup and match ball to the middle of the ground

2.15pm: NEAFL Northern Conference Grand Final

NT Thunder v Morningside

3.20pm: NAB AFL Auskick game

5pm: NEAFL northern conference premiership cup, Joe Grant Medal, Grogan Medal and Hughson Medal presentations on field.

this is the schedule for the day. who are aflq kidding. fair dinkum a helicopter to bring in the match ball. geez i wouldn't be surprised if the bring Humphrey b bear out of retirement for this

Facilities great !!

Rooms tiny for Grand Final (players deserve better) and I heard a rumour that the dedicated Medical room was used by the Umpires. I even heard that one of the benches was taken up by a goal umpire getting a rub before the game !!
Spare me !!!!

Heard a rumour?Thought you saw this occur.Are you the same bloke that commented during the 2s game it will be good not having a coast team on GF day?

this is the schedule for the day. who are aflq kidding. fair dinkum a helicopter to bring in the match ball. geez i wouldn't be surprised if the bring Humphrey b bear out of retirement for this

I heard he was coming out of retirement and if they can find him some tracksuit pants will be the sideline umpire.

With your comment on the misery of poker machines and we will continue to agree to disagree on the matter - I live in the real world not in a shoe box, misery is brought on the weak and fueled by the people who feel sorry for that weakness and misery instead of doing something to combat it. Actions speak louder than words on this one and that action needs to come from within and not with words of blame.

There for the grace of God go all of us and may the misery of the weak be eroded by the grace of the strong.
Snorkle - 2011

The comp will not survive without AFL input - no club in Qld could survive with the expenses attached to travelling added to the normal club costs at this level outside of Southport IMO - not even Aspley. The AFL overrate greatly just how well football clubs around Australia are travelling.

Still got your head in the sand on this one smy1305.

The AFL will not keep contributing to a competition that is a black hole for their money without the participating clubs in the comp making a co contribution - you are wrongly assuming that the NEAFL will survive in its current format which is just arrogant, before you assume go and ask some one on the committee of your footy club, where they are at on all of this, but be ready for the reply - the NEAFL is taking AFL Footy to the next level in the area of it's control and some current clubs unfortunately and also sadly may not be able to keep up with the change of level.

Thats a pathetic response to a real addiction for many Snorkle that causes heartache, grief, poverty and death to many who suffer from it - if a football club can't survive without them then they aren't worth surviving IMO.

Re your 2nd comment - I actually agree. the goal posts are changing re with the NEAFL and various clubs that have been cornerstones in Qld footy will be left behind due to circumstances beyond their control. Please don't pretend though that Aspley is a model club to follow - the absolute waste and amatuerish behaviour that has come out of that football club over the past decade is embarrassing. you may walk around with chest puffed out now bc it sits atop the tree re finances with a few others - doesn't mean it's a great football club....

Thats a pathetic response to a real addiction for many Snorkle that causes heartache, grief, poverty and death to many who suffer from it - if a football club can't survive without them then they aren't worth surviving IMO.

Re your 2nd comment - I actually agree. the goal posts are changing re with the NEAFL and various clubs that have been cornerstones in Qld footy will be left behind due to circumstances beyond their control. Please don't pretend though that Aspley is a model club to follow - the absolute waste and amatuerish behaviour that has come out of that football club over the past decade is embarrassing. you may walk around with chest puffed out now bc it sits atop the tree re finances with a few others - doesn't mean it's a great football club....

Ok I get your drift loud and clear, you dont like poker machines 95% of the populas can walk past them - but you hate the Aspley Hornets even worse what did they do to you, - Banish you from the club, cut you from their list or something crazy?

Lets move on from here.

Now that I think you get where I was comming from in my first comment about the comming change to the NEAFL and the means to keep up.

Gotta love True Blue Aussies and their love(?) of Tall Poppies.

Heard it all before SMY. 95% of the time, there's absolutely nothing to back up the comments. I don't know any club that gets it right 100% of the time!

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back