NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

You said it.

"bc it sits atop the tree re finances with a few others"

Although I note you change your opinion regularly to suit the circumstances. Got a life goal to be Leader of the Opposition?

lets hold off the on going aspley debate - big GF this week whats your thoughts panthers have been building for 6 weeks will kinch be back?, can the nt win it? after reading the nt news they are already talking about next weeks cross conference game perhaps getting ahead of themselves...

Was just reading the NEAFL website to see how things went up there on the weekend. Big congrats to Andrew "Nipper" Mellor for getting the gig next year at Mt Gravatt. Played many games against Nipper when he was at Eastlake in Canberra. Not sure who came out on top over the years but I'm happy to call it all square. He was a good player and a good bloke as well. Good luck Nipper.

Karl Lhode unavailable for Thunder, what the? who makes themselves unavailable for the gf yet plays all the regular season. Tungatalum to come back in surely?

Who is heading to the game? What crowd is expected and what is capacity at Redland?

Was just reading the NEAFL website to see how things went up there on the weekend. Big congrats to Andrew "Nipper" Mellor for getting the gig next year at Mt Gravatt. Played many games against Nipper when he was at Eastlake in Canberra. Not sure who came out on top over the years but I'm happy to call it all square. He was a good player and a good bloke as well. Good luck Nipper.

Michael,

I must agree with the above comments, Nipper is a ripper bloke and well versed in footy around the country, It is a big gig taking over from the mecurial Mr. Mount Gravatt - David Lake as he has been the glue, the glue pot and the glue brush at Vulture Land over his tenure and with his departure this may give a few of the older blokes an out as well. I hope not as they are at the top of their game at the moment.

With Lakey's exit (I won't say retirement as I am sure he will resurface in the NEAFL in the future) more than a few of the supporters will be needed to answer the call to help carry the load that he carried around the landscape at Dittmer Park.

With all of that and the same support that David had, I think Nipper will have a big plan going forward and if Nifty Miller and Pup Rixon are still with him he will do OK going forward with the blue and white boys who will be smarting from this years disapointing final series. Footy is still in good hands at the Vultures - Good Luck with your appointment Andrew, may you have a stellar career in the NEAFL.

lets hold off the on going aspley debate - big GF this week whats your thoughts panthers have been building for 6 weeks will kinch be back?, can the nt win it? after reading the nt news they are already talking about next weeks cross conference game perhaps getting ahead of themselves...

Speedy,

As the song goes I think the Sidders have come to the end of the road.

NT Thunder IMO will be to big and to fast for the old legs of the Sidders this weekend (I know they have a lot of young guys as well but its the old firm that has been the true engine room over the past 6 weeks) - It has been a great journey from the draw with the Lions reserves late in the season then the with the extrodinary final fixture game against Broadbeach, a game which to them was an extra final and then finally to defeat the Vultures last week - I often cast my mind back to 2008 when they finished 4th after the fixture rounds only to lose the G/F to Southport in a thriller where the riggers of those 4 finals games in sudden death proved too much in the end, based on that, this year with the Broady game they are up for five finals in a row and that is the thing that IMO will nail them.

Take nothing from them (Morningside) they have been terrific particually toward the later part of the season but this will be the year of the Territory, that is if history remains true and correct and I dont think too many supporters of the NEAFL concept would begrudge them taking the inaguraral silverwear back to Darwin - Think of the support and the crowds they will get at TIO Stadium for their home games next year. If the Sidders win it they will have to stack it on top of last years Cup when it goes into the trophy cabinet with all of the others they have got in there (must be time for a new cabinet soon Chikka) - Good luck to both sides, it will be the NT for Premiers in 2011, for mine. Crowd estimate 1200 not counting the stray penguins swimming across from NZ - NZ is closer to Redland than Noosa isin't it?

http://neafl.com.au/index.php?id=16&tx_ttnews[year]=2011&tx_ttnews[month]=09&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=604&cHash=42cb5bce8e6f39fa38f85127bb71e748

Lohde out mentioned here ^

Why is he out?

He's got a dress to fit into apparently.

Lohde has wedding commitments in Adelaide on the same day (September 18) that Thunder meets Morningside or Mt Gravatt in the NEAFL decider in Brisbane.
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/09/10/259255_ntnews.html

He does seem to struggle in big games though. But is an important player in the rotations.

Attending the wedding of a female friend over playing a game with a team set to make nt/qld footy history? His friend is selfish and shouldve said shed rather him play in that game like most people would say.

Attending the wedding of a female friend over playing a game with a team set to make nt/qld footy history? His friend is selfish and shouldve said shed rather him play in that game like most people would say.

Tough call this one. Don't always agree with you Bball but this one I do. For mine unless it is a wedding in the family then a Grand Final would take priority. Sounds like he is a bit whipped to me.

Thunder can cover him ok Rocco and Rosier both good replacements but geez he will be wishing he was somewhere else if the priest or the speeches drag on like they can and his mates are cerebrating....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speedy,

As the song goes I think the Sidders have come to the end of the road.

NT Thunder IMO will be to big and to fast for the old legs of the Sidders this weekend (I know they have a lot of young guys as well but its the old firm that has been the true engine room over the past 6 weeks) - It has been a great journey from the draw with the Lions reserves late in the season then the with the extrodinary final fixture game against Broadbeach, a game which to them was an extra final and then finally to defeat the Vultures last week - I often cast my mind back to 2008 when they finished 4th after the fixture rounds only to lose the G/F to Southport in a thriller where the riggers of those 4 finals games in sudden death proved too much in the end, based on that, this year with the Broady game they are up for five finals in a row and that is the thing that IMO will nail them.

Take nothing from them (Morningside) they have been terrific particually toward the later part of the season but this will be the year of the Territory, that is if history remains true and correct and I dont think too many supporters of the NEAFL concept would begrudge them taking the inaguraral silverwear back to Darwin - Think of the support and the crowds they will get at TIO Stadium for their home games next year. If the Sidders win it they will have to stack it on top of last years Cup when it goes into the trophy cabinet with all of the others they have got in there (must be time for a new cabinet soon Chikka) - Good luck to both sides, it will be the NT for Premiers in 2011, for mine. Crowd estimate 1200 not counting the stray penguins swimming across from NZ - NZ is closer to Redland than Noosa isin't it?

Redlands should get a couple of thousand, I think they ran out of food last week, so I suggest everyone packed a picnic lunch !
GF very hard to call - Morningside couldn't play any better than last week and were very very good but Mt Gravatt were incredibly flat. Thunder have never lost with Andrew McLeod, selection will be a day to day proposition depending who makes the airport !! Other considerations - Thunder never won at Redlands, Thunder won both games at GC this year with ease, players all very fit, Morningside on a roll. Thunder v Morningside games always very physical with some unfortunate long term injuries after each encounter.

Toss of the coin ! My tip for Joe Grant Medal - Tyson Upton !!

Tough call this one. Don't always agree with you Bball but this one I do. For mine unless it is a wedding in the family then a Grand Final would take priority. Sounds like he is a bit whipped to me.

Thunder can cover him ok Rocco and Rosier both good replacements but geez he will be wishing he was somewhere else if the priest or the speeches drag on like they can and his mates are cerebrating....

He is in the Brides wedding party.

Ok I get your drift loud and clear, you dont like poker machines 95% of the populas can walk past them - but you hate the Aspley Hornets even worse what did they do to you, - Banish you from the club, cut you from their list or something crazy?

Lets move on from here.

Now that I think you get where I was comming from in my first comment about the comming change to the NEAFL and the means to keep up.
Stats out today QLD spent 4000 a minute on pokies
Sad stats in the economic climate we live in. Dont mind pokies at sporting clubs just cant stand the fact some of them are a little greedy the way that they get people throught the door
Buses that pick up pensioners through out the day things we dont see on a saturday arvo this is were there bread and butter is SHAME SHAME :confused:
Thought the drinks would be alittle cheaper $9.50 for a can of bunndy and coke on Sunday arvo told them I only wanted 1 reply "thats all your getting"

In an effort to get back onto football, may I wish both sides all the best for the GF this weekend. The Panthers have been outstanding over the last few years and deserve all the success they have received. Despite wanting 'Chikka' and his mates continue to be successful I would love to see Muzz be rewarded with a flag. The form team for the season has been the Thunder, however the 'Siders' have found form at the business end of the season. Should be a cracker of a contest and would love to be there. :(

Thunder, but not convinced small ground, travel and grand final will work against them.

Panthers for mine been in great form for 5 weeks against top sides, havent appeared to have to many changes during this period. there kids are really stepping up and older blokes in good form. NT been great all year but with the exta amount of home games they have had shouldve finished top during the home and away season.

Joe Grant - Bonney

Panthers by 20 points, and Shelton for the Jo Grant medal. Looking forward to heading up the M1 to check out the game. Crowd prediction 2000, down from the about 3000 the have got the last few years. Will still be a good day though, with a few pubs in Darwin picking up the internet feed.

Shame no NIRS this year, usually good to have the wireless in the ear whilst at the ground.

In an effort to get back onto football, may I wish both sides all the best for the GF this weekend. The Panthers have been outstanding over the last few years and deserve all the success they have received. Despite wanting 'Chikka' and his mates continue to be successful I would love to see Muzz be rewarded with a flag. The form team for the season has been the Thunder, however the 'Siders' have found form at the business end of the season. Should be a cracker of a contest and would love to be there. :(

Muz has got a Aussie flag.That will do.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back