NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably his biggest downfall - has been injured alot over the past few years but hopefully he's got it all out of his system now!

Broke his collarbone early in season playing for scorpion training squad in one of the flood aid preseason games. Rumour was that he had had same problem a couple of times before. If this was indeed the case and had fractured same bone before, hopefully he had surgery and piece of metal inserted! and with appropriate recovery time this year (which seems to be the case if only played a handfull of games late in season) hopefully this issue is now sorted?

Broke his collarbone early in season playing for scorpion training squad in one of the flood aid preseason games. Rumour was that he had had same problem a couple of times before. If this was indeed the case and had fractured same bone before, hopefully he had surgery and piece of metal inserted! and with appropriate recovery time this year (which seems to be the case if only played a handfull of games late in season) hopefully this issue is now sorted?

Aspley seem to have big wraps for him, and if it is all sorted does he have capabilities of getting drafted?

While on the topic of young players who will take out the neafl rising star?

Aspley seem to have big wraps for him, and if it is all sorted does he have capabilities of getting drafted?

Jed Anderson (Thunder) played most senior games when not on rep duties and often in best for a club that has been the stand out this year.

Any players that didn't get nominated that should of due to injury or not draftable always a hard luck story out there ?
ALSO ANY PLAYERS NOMINATED THAT SHOULDNT OF BEEN?
I am sure most of them are truly deserved !

Do/will the Swans,GWS tank finals in Eastern division?

Chikka, dont know about GWS, but I think the Swans reserves are serious about winning the flag.I have a mate of many years whose son (Dylan Mcneil) is playing with the Swans. Is a midfielder and has been named in the best 5 players on numerous occasions, may well be given a promotion in 2012.Anyway his fathers feedback is that they want to win their comp.In addition, if you go to the Swans website, their coach(Playfair) has a weekly media/video segment where he gives a summary of the weekends game that was just played.In addition to this their coaching staff include retired players in Stuy Maxfield and Jarrod Crouch. IMO, they are serious.

Now heres a big one for you all.Word out of Melbourne, is that Malthouse will be coach of Carlton, possibly in 2012, more likely 2013.Please dont shoot me, Im only the messager.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Panthers by plenty and Thunder by 3 goals.

I see Mt Gravatt as a much better team than Morningside but going to be interesting in a prelim next week coming off a tough Darwin trip and Sider's having a relatively easy week 45 minutes down the highway. Hope the match is on a Sunday to allow Mounties that extra day. (of course assuming this week pans out as predicted).

So any confirmation where the GF will be played? Also where will the cross conference gf week after be?

NT comfortably and Morningside by more. Looking forward to Morningside-Mt Gravatt prelim.

Granny at Redlands. Not sure about the NEAFL final the week after- maybe that is the one to play in Darwin if NT win. Chance for AFLQ or whoever to make a few dollars with a 10000-12000 crowd in Darwin.

Yes I spent a bit of time in Darwin early 2011 and was amazed at the coverage of Thunder up there and it was only off season! Back page of the paper 3 days a week atleast. Its the main show in town so a definite big crowd going on and to be honest id like to see them go on and win the comp. Would be good for the league also.

Will Mcleod play in the GF @ Redlands? Hopefully a decent crowd attends but Redland a bit out of the way for most. I will be definetly making the trip up the highway. Thunder/Vultures this week is a gf trial in my opinion. Gf will be a cracker away from Darwin.

Panthers by plenty and Thunder by 3 goals.

I see Mt Gravatt as a much better team than Morningside but going to be interesting in a prelim next week coming off a tough Darwin trip and Sider's having a relatively easy week 45 minutes down the highway. Hope the match is on a Sunday to allow Mounties that extra day. (of course assuming this week pans out as predicted).

So any confirmation where the GF will be played? Also where will the cross conference gf week after be?

Vultures have beaten Mside by 11pts (i think) at Esplen and 9pts (i think) at Vulture land, mside havent lost a game since and have got more games into Gough with the Vultures loosing arguably one of the best players in the comp in evans... if they play eachother again this year it will be very close.

He also spent a bit of time out 2 years ago i think it was as a 15yr old. Doesn't really matter that much - Juddy had injury issues too as a 17yr old:)

He would be in the best group for drafting i would have thought next year. Time will tell.

I wouldnt be so sure..reckon Gazza's contract may have had a sibling condition.....what would he do..back to Broadbeach....?

Seems like Gazza's house has a enough room to keep him there for a while.:D

Toptally predictable I reckon - never, ever showed enough ability at the top level IMO even when at Geelong. Has played every game of AFL footy by courtesy of his surname.

Seems like Gazza's house has a enough room to keep him there for a while.:D

Toptally predictable I reckon - never, ever showed enough ability at the top level IMO even when at Geelong. Has played every game of AFL footy by courtesy of his surname.

Its behond me how he got a game in the Geelong 07 premiership side. Struggled at Broadbeach in 09, was a bit better in the 2010 vfl, avg in 2011 neafl/afl.

Agree Bball - once again reckon it was his name more than anything else. Reckon if Ablett's sister wanted to get a game at Geelong she could have back then!! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back