Southport v Labrador
Morningside v Eastlake
Queanbeyan v Mt Gravatt
Broadbeach v NT Thunder
GC Suns Res v Aspley

Southport v Labrador
(injuries to take toll on Tigers?)
Morningside v Eastlake
(they should bounce back shouldnt they?)
Queanbeyan v Mt Gravatt
(Vultures looking the goods)
Broadbeach v NT Thunder
(great game coming up - at home - am on Broady)
GC Suns Res v Aspley
(Aspley to have their 1st win - reckon they are a good side)

Panthers in Tangles 200th.Jason Duce from Eastlake,x Zillmere Eagle plays his 100th if selected.
Queanbeyan because I have never tipped them before.
Southport.Tossed the coin for this one
Suns ( hope they enjoyed their own charter plane to Darwin last week ).

Ex-Nambour lad originally as well

Labrador (too tough)
Morningside (too good)
Mt Gravatt (travelling very nicely)
NT Thunder (travelling today, big ground, slippery conditions)
GC Suns Res (flip of the coin, Suns getting better every week)

At the end of the day a club can spend as much money as they like but it doesn't create a soul for that club - Aspley seem to have been pretending that the answer to their woes over the past decade and more has been to buy players who hang for a few years, listen to the jingle jangle of the sports club pokies going off and then move on to greener pastures. Have never seen a club spend so much for so little reward - invariably you will at least play finals! Thanks christ they do have a reasonable sports club and yes, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that more went to Grange v Sandgate. Two clubs who have done the hard yards in recent years and come thru the other side, one in particular in Grange who when you walk into their social club it actually feels and smells like a football club, not a "sports club" (whatever that is FFS) and no matter what the result you are made to feel welcome by the people there. Sandgate were superb last yr with so many young fellas blooded and nearly scored the big one against a crack Noosa outfit basically.
Sherwood is a club that has always got good crowds when they winnining almost every game in the premier division or struggling in the QAFL....

At the end of the day a club can spend as much money as they like but it doesn't create a soul for that club - Aspley seem to have been pretending that the answer to their woes over the past decade and more has been to buy players who hang for a few years, listen to the jingle jangle of the sports club pokies going off and then move on to greener pastures. Have never seen a club spend so much for so little reward - invariably you will at least play finals! Thanks christ they do have a reasonable sports club and yes, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that more went to Grange v Sandgate. Two clubs who have done the hard yards in recent years and come thru the other side, one in particular in Grange who when you walk into their social club it actually feels and smells like a football club, not a "sports club" (whatever that is FFS) and no matter what the result you are made to feel welcome by the people there. Sandgate were superb last yr with so many young fellas blooded and nearly scored the big one against a crack Noosa outfit basically.

when was the last time you watched aspley play or even watched them them play at aspley

Just like it was at Graham RD last Sat.Terrible crowd for 1st home game of the year regarding points on offer.More people watching Sandgate and Grange by all reports.
Big game for us Sat against NT.Guarantee a huge crowd will shop up even if the surf is up at Broady

Your reports are a bit off, know people involved with both clubs, Grange and Aspley, who went to both games, and bigger crowd at Aspley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when was the last time you watched aspley play or even watched them them play at aspley

2009 and spent many a year playing against them - not that i'm sure of the relevance but you asked... Their incredibly poor colours have always put me off going to watch them

Did we have a counter at the gates guys? LOL

Panthers in Tangles 200th.Jason Duce from Eastlake,x Zillmere Eagle plays his 100th if selected.
Queanbeyan because I have never tipped them before.
Southport.Tossed the coin for this one
Suns ( hope they enjoyed their own charter plane to Darwin last week ).
Broadbeach added on to the big surf predicted
Panthers
Vultures
Gc
Sharks

2009 and spent many a year playing against them - not that i'm sure of the relevance but you asked... Their incredibly poor colours have always put me off going to watch them

Did we have a counter at the gates guys? LOL

you haven't watched them in 2 years and you're quick to bag them. how would you know how they are going performance wise and player retention wise. you also bag them for spending money to recruit. if you want to be competitive in this league. you're going to have to recruit players every year to add depth

Disagree Shirl.I was at both games and Grange had more spectators..

Whats with this forum and Aspley???? People either love em or hate them?

If your gor money good luck and if you don't stiff S**T. Sounds like jealousy.

Anyway can we talk about footy and how well NT are travelling and Broady.. To big surprises this year.......... NT will finish top 3 with 11 home games. Broady still unsure. South port and Aspley form around them make u be a little unsure. If both bounce back this weekend and Broady win maybe just maybe a genuine contender... but i still think we are at least 4 or 5 weeks of from seeing whats going to be expected.

you haven't watched them in 2 years and you're quick to bag them. how would you know how they are going performance wise and player retention wise. you also bag them for spending money to recruit. if you want to be competitive in this league. you're going to have to recruit players every year to add depth

Bc I follow footy Damo (a web site tells you what their performance has been like believe it or not!) - don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out money is not well spent at Aspley. Its not about a club spending it (plenty do in this comp and spend it well), its more the fact that Aspley spend it badly!! Results show this and it has been a common denominator with this club for a number of years. When you are paying a football manager $70K thats just stupid!! Show me your proof otherwise??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back