NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

What was up with Broadbeach today? Lions were not that strong, pathetic effort.
We were beaten by a well oiled team with a full list to choose from.NT in Darwin are the only team that can beat them if Vossys men have no injurys.Southport will challenge them but Lions will be to powereful.As we all no if they get injurys then they will be beaten.Talking to a Lions official after the game they are out to win it and Vossy has assured them they will not tank the finals series as per GC SUNS last year.

Rumour on coast today that Jason Cotter has accepted the coaching position of St Marys in the Darwin comp..
State selectors got it right according to the week ends results.Prob should have been more Sharks players in,Burge for 1.Any idea why Ewing was not selected?Towelled Grose up Sat night.

As someone who has lived in Darwin, you would think Cotter will have something to do with the Thunder also. NTFL is a small amateur league and the head coaches up there generally have a 2nd job.

We were beaten by a well oiled team with a full list to choose from.NT in Darwin are the only team that can beat them if Vossys men have no injurys.Southport will challenge them but Lions will be to powereful.As we all no if they get injurys then they will be beaten.Talking to a Lions official after the game they are out to win it and Vossy has assured them they will not tank the finals series as per GC SUNS last year.

Good to know. Why the change of thought from past seasons?

Good to know. Why the change of thought from past seasons?

Lions have been ravaged with injurys,de registering of players past few seasons,hence not even coming close to making finals.Port not at top strength but Panthers had a whole team unavail.Watch out for 2nd half of season.Am overseas for next 2 games but tipping Panthers to beat Vultures and Aspley.Cannot believe miss these 2 games.Bad timing from the missus.

Went out after Panther win over Port to watch Sturt and Centrals.Was a real eye opener.3 on the bench,15m free kicks.All players bulit like robots.Very clean,fast and skillful..Should be a cracking state game next year if this is the level SANFL play at every week.Ols mate from Eagles Luke Crane was superb.Good to cathc up with the little maestro.

great win by the unders (18s) after 5 years of crap coaching a victory worth savouring Greg job panthers couldn't back them thought they were to short

Hey guys, firstly congratulations on your rep win, way to good and will force our guys to rethink rep games going forward so while the result was not great in the short term hopefully it will make us stronger in the future.

On the rep game, we over at Eastern don't mind guys coming across for friendly banter.... in fact we encourage it, but gloating and baiting (trolling) we do not care for.

So to the individual who thinks its fun to sing when you win please do it on your own board.

Cheers in advance
Nieso

As someone who has lived in Darwin, you would think Cotter will have something to do with the Thunder also. NTFL is a small amateur league and the head coaches up there generally have a 2nd job.

i could ask someone who will know all the in and outs but Saints will have something lined up for him.

As far as thunder, who knows.

I'd imagine he would be an assistant like most of the Saints senior coaches have been but I have heard he'll be back at Southport after the seasons up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

Word is that a couple of incidents from the game on sat between Lab and Southport were indeed caught on camera and that suspensions are likely. It doesn't sound very good and it will be interesting to see what the NEAFL tribunal comes up with. Southport can cover any losses- and I suggest there could be some feeling in the game next time they play!

Round 10 Tipping

2010premier
stuyd1
Lifes a Beach
footyfanatic1
staminade
Billybunter
thunderdoc
maurie
chikka ferguson
Pointer
Luckyme12
bballscout
Perfect rounds for Chikka & Footyfanatic1, good weekend for you Chikka! Bballscout are you still in the competition?

Round 10 Tipping

2010premier
stuyd1
Lifes a Beach
footyfanatic1
staminade
Billybunter
thunderdoc
maurie
chikka ferguson
Pointer
Luckyme12
bballscout
Perfect rounds for Chikka & Footyfanatic1, good weekend for you Chikka! Bballscout are you still in the competition?
Not a bad week end.Gets better as leave for Bangkok and Phueket on Sat.Tips for next 2 games just in case I am missing in action.What happened Lab Southport game?

Round 11 tips.
Suns to beat Broady.
Thunder to beat Labrador
Southport to beat Redlands.
Morningside to continue their winning streak over Vultures
Eastlake to beat Aspley.

Round 12
Lions to beat Suns
Nt to beat GWS
Broadbeach to beat Lab.
Southport to beat Queanbeyan
Redlands to beat Belconnen
Morningside to beat Aspley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad week end.Gets better as leave for Bangkok and Phueket on Sat.Tips for next 2 games just in case I am missing in action.What happened Lab Southport game?

Round 11 tips.
Suns to beat Broady.
Thunder to beat Labrador
Southport to beat Redlands.
Morningside to continue their winning streak over Vultures
Eastlake to beat Aspley.

Round 12
Lions to beat Suns
Nt to beat GWS
Broadbeach to beat Lab.
Southport to beat Queanbeyan
Redlands to beat Belconnen
Morningside to beat Aspley

Not saying too much about the Southport v Lab game, games to come.People saw what happened and it went on all day.

Round 10 Tipping

2010premier
stuyd1
Lifes a Beach
footyfanatic1
staminade
Billybunter
thunderdoc
maurie
chikka ferguson
Pointer
Luckyme12
bballscout

Sorry mate, I missed 1 round a few weeks back so no point continuing.

Sorry mate, I missed 1 round a few weeks back so no point continuing.

bballscout,

Thats not the Queensland attitue mate - you are only 7 behind the leader and after giving it to the NSW/ACT bloggers on their site about winners are grinners - some might say you are a poor loser with that current attitude - we dont want that to occur now do we - show us some Qld ticker and have a crack at it as it sure would be a good effort to finish in the top half of the mob or even win it when the season is over when sitting at the bottom - just like Aspley are going to do - I hope, dont forget the great prizes that LAB has arranged for the winners - you dont want to miss out on that.

bballscout,

Thats not the Queensland attitue mate - you are only 7 behind the leader and after giving it to the NSW/ACT bloggers on their site about winners are grinners - some might say you are a poor loser with that current attitude - we dont want that to occur now do we - show us some Qld ticker and have a crack at it as it sure would be a good effort to finish in the top half of the mob or even win it when the season is over when sitting at the bottom - just like Aspley are going to do - I hope, dont forget the great prizes that LAB has arranged for the winners - you dont want to miss out on that.

What prizes Billy? Was trying to arrange a day in the coaches box on Grand Final day with Norm Dare but not enough room.

Round 11
Gold Coast Suns v Broadbeach
9-Jun
12.30pm
Metricon Stadium
Labrador v NT Thunder
9-Jun
1.30pm
Cooke-Murphy Res
Southport v Redland
9-Jun
1.30pm
Fankhauser Reserve
Mt Gravatt v Morningside
9-Jun
1.30pm
Dittmer Park
Eastlake v Aspley
9-Jun
11.45am
Manuka

LAB,
Normy would love that, with one of us in his coaches box Ha,Ha.

My tips for the week are as follows:

Gold Coast Suns
Labrador
Southport
Morningside
Eastlake

Word is that a couple of incidents from the game on sat between Lab and Southport were indeed caught on camera and that suspensions are likely. It doesn't sound very good and it will be interesting to see what the NEAFL tribunal comes up with. Southport can cover any losses- and I suggest there could be some feeling in the game next time they play!

Don't need to cover any losses at all

Southport - No Change
Labrador - 4 changes (0 suspensions)

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back