List Mgmt. NEALE AND WILLIS RE-SIGN with Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont see the neale potential. Wish i did. I just dont.

Wouldnt of been shocked if he was let go to be honest.
I would of hope for a little bit better from Neale, that's no doubt, but I'm definitely not writing him of yet.. By the end of next season we will know where his at

Shown very little even when on the park. Still happen to re-sign as he will be more talented than a very late pick in the draft
Feel like he's up against it to make it (or even he kept on the list) but his availability has been so poor that he's basically a first year player.

Alternatively, at absolute best he's a second year player...he's been robbed of so much development that he's miles behind wherever he could have been by now.

If he's lucky enough to be kept on the list, next year is make or break and where we should be upping our expectations IMO.

Open thread expecting contract news....

Animated GIF

Me seeing its about some clothing collab.

Joel Amarty is 25 and in his 6th year. Looking really good and kicked 9 on the weekend. Everyone needs to cool their jets and give players time to develop. Neale has shown improvement and it’s hard to expect anything special when he hasn’t had a chance at much consistency because of injury and being behind one of our greatest ever forwards

He drops some absolute sitters, if he is getting involved.
He drops sitters and despite already being well built like hercules his attack on an aerial contest is incredibly timid. Doesnt hit packs at all. He seems to be a level below Ratugolea to me and most fans on here didnt even want him.

He drops sitters and despite already being well built like hercules his attack on an aerial contest is incredibly timid. Doesnt hit packs at all. He seems to be a level below Ratugolea to me and most fans on here didnt even want him.
He's got a lot to work on to make it and I'm not saying I'm happy with his output to date, but sav at the same age was playing ruck forward (2020) and he kicked 0.4 goals a game to Neale's 1.8 (making Neale top 30 in the league for average goals). Savs best is 0.8. And Neale is operating in a very crowded forward line. There's no way sav was better at anything other than clunking the odd mark and spraying the kick

He's been disappointing but I'm holding judgement until he gets some actual time in the role. Like the other poster was alluding to Joel Amartey was about the same at the same age and he just kicked 9 in a game.

Shown very little even when on the park. Still happen to re-sign as he will be more talented than a very late pick in the draft

12 month old post that you are responding to. This year when he has strung a few together he hasn't done a lot. If they are playing him purely as a forward, which has been the case in the games I have seen, I would think he would be in trouble at years end because even Mannagh can't get a game there at AFL level so what chance has Willis got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would of hope for a little bit better from Neale, that's no doubt, but I'm definitely not writing him of yet.. By the end of next season we will know where his at
Agreed.

You can tell he was coached bye Josh maximum distance Jenkins.

He needs to improve a hell of a lot.

Rumour he did extra work in the off season .
He got very little for it so far..

Willi I hope he makes it.
Hopefully at least one of Willis,Ted or Stevens makes it.

12 month old post that you are responding to. This year when he has strung a few together he hasn't done a lot. If they are playing him purely as a forward, which has been the case in the games I have seen, I would think he would be in trouble at years end because even Mannagh can't get a game there at AFL level so what chance has Willis got.
Apologies, didn't notice the date of the post

Kinda

But it was also the only Neale thread on our main board 😂
See. Now had y'all listened to me when I suggested a while back every player has its own player thread on the MB not shunted away in cat scan this would be avoided.

Why should we learn and improve from now other sections of the site operate.

He's got a lot to work on to make it and I'm not saying I'm happy with his output to date, but sav at the same age was playing ruck forward (2020) and he kicked 0.4 goals a game to Neale's 1.8 (making Neale top 30 in the league for average goals). Savs best is 0.8. And Neale is operating in a very crowded forward line. There's no way sav was better at anything other than clunking the odd mark and spraying the kick

He's been disappointing but I'm holding judgement until he gets some actual time in the role. Like the other poster was alluding to Joel Amartey was about the same at the same age and he just kicked 9 in a game.

Claiming Neale has been disappointing midway through his 4th season as a KPF averaging almost 2 goals per game is insane. Compare his output to this season's leading KPFs in their 4th seasons:

1718938164713.png

Claiming Neale has been disappointing midway through his 4th season as a KPF averaging almost 2 goals per game is insane. Compare his output to this season's leading KPFs in their 4th seasons:

View attachment 2025425
I'm not so much disappointed with the goals he's kicked, I'm disappointed with the marks he's dropped. He pulls down the marks that he's dropped this year he'd be unquestionably outstanding.

I've probably worded that post badly because the rest of it is about how well he's doing.

I'm not so much disappointed with the goals he's kicked, I'm disappointed with the marks he's dropped. He pulls down the marks that he's dropped this year he'd be unquestionably outstanding.

I've probably worded that post badly because the rest of it is about how well he's doing.
I'm with you on how disappointing his marking has been at times. Still, in terms of issues to address, that seems more fixable than not getting near it or being unable to reliably convert when kicking at goal.

So I think plenty here would agree there's still plenty of upside, provided he can clunk more than a few of the marks he's been hatching.

I'm with you on how disappointing his marking has been at times. Still, in terms of issues to address, that seems more fixable than not getting near it or being unable to reliably convert when kicking at goal.

So I think plenty here would agree there's still plenty of upside, provided he can clunk more than a few of the marks he's been hatching.

agreed

Less than 10 games - held out by Tomma and Jezza...as he should be I might add...

people forget how Tomma, Jezza, Moons, Kinsley, Mensch, even Domsy went in their first 50 games.

Neale has 10.

Time.

Should he have held a few more marks... yes... but give him time.

Go Catters

Purely for information only. Not taking sides on Neale.

I know it is a bit of apples and oranges because of TOG and position, opponents, etc. but, the guy who kicked 9 goals on the weekend..his first 10 games - number of goals and marks:-
Amartey - Goals - 0; 0; 2; 0; 2; 1; 0; 0; 0; 2. (7) Marks - 0; 0; 6; 4; 0; 3; 2; 1; 0; 1; 3 (20)
Neale - Goals - 0; 0; 0; 0; 1; 3; 2; 1; 2; 1. (10) Marks - 2; 1; 5; 1; 6; 4; 5; 4; 7; 0 (35)

Will either of these guys make it? Who knows, but just a comparison.

Sav from day 1 showed potential in hitting aerial contests hard and pulling down an occassional big contested mark. He had problems with fitness amd getting to the right spots but the ability to win a contest at afl level was obvious. Neale doesnt seem to have this potential. Taking a few uncontested marks in the foward line because the defenders were more focused on the other fowards and he got free doesnt show anything (plus he has a habit of dropping these uncontested marks as well). As a foward Shane kertsten did the same things neale can do and better. And he was a dud.

Sav from day 1 showed potential in hitting aerial contests hard and pulling down an occassional big contested mark. He had problems with fitness amd getting to the right spots but the ability to win a contest at afl level was obvious. Neale doesnt seem to have this potential. Taking a few uncontested marks in the foward line because the defenders were more focused on the other fowards and he got free doesnt show anything (plus he has a habit of dropping these uncontested marks as well). As a foward Shane kertsten did the same things neale can do and better. And he was a dud.
Aerial contests were literally the only thing he did though. Savs best year amwas 15 goals from 20 games being fed by one of the best midfields. Neale has played 5 games and kicked nearly half that total.

Didn't like seeing Hawkins go down last night, but one would think this opens the door for Neale to play as the #2 tall forward behind Cameron

Sometimes with youngster or the next in line, when given a chance there can be a level of hesitation to their game, playing in a manner as to not make mistakes rather than necessarily playing on the instinct they do in the VFL

If the news is as bad for Hawkins as many are predicting, Neale has the opportunity to grow into the role, while still being able to lean on Hawkins as a mentor

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. NEALE AND WILLIS RE-SIGN with Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back