List Mgmt. NEALE AND WILLIS RE-SIGN with Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't like seeing Hawkins go down last night, but one would think this opens the door for Neale to play as the #2 tall forward behind Cameron

Sometimes with youngster or the next in line, when given a chance there can be a level of hesitation to their game, playing in a manner as to not make mistakes rather than necessarily playing on the instinct they do in the VFL

If the news is as bad for Hawkins as many are predicting, Neale has the opportunity to grow into the role, while still being able to lean on Hawkins as a mentor
If there's a silver lining to the grieving process on Hawkins it's that Neale will get space to move and we'll see an actual glimpse of what he looks like going forward

Aerial contests were literally the only thing he did though. Savs best year amwas 15 goals from 20 games being fed by one of the best midfields. Neale has played 5 games and kicked nearly half that total.
Shane kersten also kicked lots of goals because no one paid attention to him. Its not an indicator of potential alone. A big key foward who cant compete and occassionally win aerial marking contests will never make it. I cant think of one player in the comp who has in all my time of watching football.

For me neale has less potential then playfair, vardy, sav and even buzza as a result of this alarming deficiency.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. NEALE AND WILLIS RE-SIGN with Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back