Ned Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha the campaigners named Ned Guy! That’s a patsy left out to dry if I’ve ever heard of one. Hahaha imagine Ed and Bucks workshopping the pseudonym...

“What about Joe Bloke Ed?”
“Fukc no Bucks, put the red wine down and turn off that fukcing Enya!”
“Ok Ed, calm the farm!”
“What about Joel Mate, you know, like old mate?”
“Jesus Bucks, do I need to remind you your on very thin ice my friend? You are in the hot seat, one life line left remember!”
“Yeah, yeah.”
“Got it! Ned Guy!”
“Whoah! Lock it in Ed!”
“Good, now take your top off and pull out your boot studder, I want a hard ball get before I go and see the wife and kids.”

I liked how on Fox they asked him the pointed question about can you provide the rest of the collingwood playing group with the confidence that they are not going to be traded out on a whim even though they have multiple years left on their contracts (given they have done exactly that with Treloar and Stephenson). His answer: "We won't be trading anyone out until next years trade period and we'll look at each case on its merits".

If you are a collingwood player that basically destroys all psychological safety you may have had. The message is loud and clear if you don't do exactly what bucks and eddie tell you and toe the line and if you question anything at all we will get rid of you regardless of how many years you have left to run on your contract or if you love the club.

Anyone else seeing the adoption of the 'Trump' model more and more in every day life?

What I don't get is that surely they've been aware of the salary cap issues for a while? This has played out as if they only discovered it two weeks ago, which seems crazy. I know there's been uncertainty around caps but the fact that every other club isn't doing what the Pies are shows it can be managed even with that.

Having just listened to both Treloar and Stephenson's Managers, one can only assume this has got McGuire's grubby fingers smeared all over it.
Both interviews were as convincing as Ned Guy - not a single bad word about Collingwood, Buckley, Senior Players or Management.
This stinks of negotiated outcomes and legal threats if anyone blabs.
Ned Guy won't be sacked - he knows too much.
"List Manager for life"

The Pies continuing to pay parts of salaries and the Dogs not wanting to be dragged down while they are still celebrating their coup would be enough to have the players and managers keep it low key.

They all move on. And Collingwood will struggle.

Though they do have 2 picks which will be up around 18 or 20 mark so maybe they start to turn things around.

Ned Guy is not setting the agenda at Collingwood. Buckley came in (2012) on a platform that he wanted a team in his image and McGuire bought in 100%. From the outside looking in it seems Pies list is becoming a mess and certain key players are only there because they can't get out. Hard to see how they can turn it around quickly and looks likely Buckley is going to finish his current contract with no flags.

The Pies and guy, buckley and mcguire deserve a whack for sure but that is just nonsense.. no one wants out, that's the problem! Treloar, stephenson and even Phillips did not want to go. They've all been given too much money. why would they leave?

Is Eddie really gonna stay quiet and pretend it didnt happen? surely he has to say something.

You obviously didn't hear him on radio this morning, was defending everything.

Had three Collingwood supporters ring speaking their heart out and and gave them a minute to speak, while he answered with 6 minute monologues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you please try to paraphrase what he said for us?

-Said look at Port Adelaide and how they got rid of Wingard, Polec, etc...
-Nobody is talking how Geelong paid for Cameron who is 29 (he's actually 27)
-They had "hit the wall" when they lost the final to Geelong. (in other words went full nuclear because of one final)
- It's hard and his very good friends with Adam and Tom (don't remember he said the about Jayden) but that's football and they will get better

There was more but justified the list strategy. Said it's only a big story "because its Collingwood". Draft period is too long and the media gave it more legs than it needed and dismissed that the supporters that called feel the same in criticising the decisions.

-Said look at Port Adelaide and how they got rid of Wingard, Polec, etc...
-Nobody is talking how Geelong paid for Cameron who is 29 (he's actually 27)
-They had "hit the wall" when they lost the final to Geelong. (in other words went full nuclear because of one final)
- It's hard and his very good friends with Adam and Tom (don't remember he said the about Jayden) but that's football and they will get better

There was more but justified the list strategy. Said it's only a big story "because its Collingwood". Draft period is too long and the media gave it more legs than it needed and dismissed that the supporters that called feel the same in criticising the decisions.

Yes - the old 'it's always a big story because it's Collingwood' line.

Yes - the old 'it's always a big story because it's Collingwood' line.
I can't think of a single AFL player on a $900k pa contract that wouldn't be a big story if they were traded out with 5 years of their contract to go.

Anyone?

How many times did he use the term "side by side" in his monologue?

Didn't use it. The callers did.

Oh by the way, they interviewed Geoff Walsh as well.

Walsh said that the same stuff but added that will communicate to the supporters at the right time and in the appropriate channels.

Walsh also said that they never went after Tom Lynch which made me laugh straight away because I know the Lynch family and they definitely did, as did the Hawks but he chose Richmond in the end.

Surely he will be walked out the door after the Treloar interview. Bucks denied it but now Treloar says he got told the players wanted him out? If that was a strategy to get him to walk by the Collingwood brains trust thats pathetic

Walsh also said that they never went after Tom Lynch which made me laugh straight away because I know the Lynch family and they definitely did, as did the Hawks but he chose Richmond in the end.
Hahaha. So we all must have had mass delirium when Buckley announced to the public on television that he had interviewed Lynch.

He had nothing on radio this morning ... absolutely nothing.
The stench around this man has been building for some time.
Surely he is now finally on death row ...
Trumpesque like?

Justified it by pointing out Port moved on Wingard and Polec? Got some news for you Ed, Port got very good picks and player in return for moving them on, Pies got bugger all really in comparison. How much you paying of Treloar's salary over the next FIVE years?

JUST THINK!

This Ned guy has to front up and hope all the other 17 list managers don't burst into fits of laughter, at the National Draft!

Prize's offered for the nickname for Ned
and the best' opening one liner hello' from & or to the Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Ned Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back