Player Watch Ned McHenry - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have kept him over murphy to be honest.
Murphy is 5 times the footballer Ned is. And Murphy is not a footballer's arseh*le.

I've seen Murphy kick goals, I've seen Murphy hit targets. It's not common, but it's happened. Neither should be in the team, but Murphy is the lesser of the evils. Plus Ned was OOC and Murphy wasn't which basically made the call for them.

Im just looking at the 2018 phantom draft just before the national draft..

It had us taking Caldwell with our pick 10 and at pick 16 it had us picking Butters :(

Then at 19 which i believe we traded? it had us taking Ned:

1728444260368.png

I like Ned the human, he's an insanely upbeat bloke who knew pretty quickly he needed to organise his life after footy which it sounds like he's done.

He'll be forever attached to the draft pick he was taken at, and that's unfair.

But it is what it is

Care to summarize for those who cant listen to it?
May still have an opportunity to play at AFL level but doesnt know for sure. In discussions...

But Most interesting was:

Not bitter could see the writing on the wall for months

Really rates Tim Silvers but wasnt so glowing about anyone else in the administration. The silence was deafening.

Really thinks the wins will come next year with the list now being built. Thinks they are on the right track despite this year.

Keays is working at a level above everyone else in terms of his professionalism training diet etc

You can listen for free on the fiveaa app

May still have an opportunity to play at AFL level but doesnt know for sure. In discussions...

But Most interesting was:

Not bitter could see the writing on the wall for months

Really rates Tim Silvers but wasnt so glowing about anyone else in the administration. The silence was deafening.

Really thinks the wins will come next year with the list now being built. Thinks they are on the right track despite this year.

Keays is working at a level above everyone else in terms of his professionalism training diet etc

You can listen for free on the fiveaa app
Thanks a lot. :)

Im just looking at the 2018 phantom draft just before the national draft..

It had us taking Caldwell with our pick 10 and at pick 16 it had us picking Butters :(

Then at 19 which i believe we traded? it had us taking Ned:

View attachment 2136136

Given the love for re-drafting with hindsight it's always worth looking at the "if not him" in things like this. Can't say overly devestated to not have Taylor or Duursma. Briggs be nice but presumably GWS would have matched.

Given the love for re-drafting with hindsight it's always worth looking at the "if not him" in things like this. Can't say overly devestated to not have Taylor or Duursma. Briggs be nice but presumably GWS would have matched.
If we didn’t rate NED and the draft depth, we could have done what Port did and trade up.

So there’s no hindsight about it, this is a pure talent identification error, again with another first rounder.

If we didn’t rate NED and the draft depth, we could have done what Port did and trade up.

So there’s no hindsight about it, this is a pure talent identification error, again with another first rounder.

Funnily enough I wonder at times if we just wait for Twomey to do his phantom draft before we decide our first round draft picks. Both our huge errors with McAsey and McHenry Twomey made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned McHenry - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back