Player Watch Ned McHenry - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

The Crows under Olsen are the feel good PR club. So picking the best SA boy will 100% happen if there is a chance.
That's because politicians are so akin at lying and saying what they think people want to hear rather than what needs to be said. It was a puke appointment and worrying there was nobody else!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not ??

Cause he isn't even good at SANFL level.

Played 11 games. 3 of those he had 20+ disposals. He kicked 6 goals from 11 games.

Bloke is a mid range SANFL battler as a full time professional footballer. There are sparkies and plumbers who are better footballers than him.

But - I did forget he is very good at running 2kms in a straight line without a football in sight - so maybe that makes him captain material - right Bicks?

Small, slow, clumsy, undisciplined, poor decision maker, poor field kicking accuracy, unbelievably poor kicking penetration, shithouse tackler, inaccurate shot for goal, and terrible in all facets under pressure.

Yep, we’ll take him in the first round thanks. He really tries hard. What a monumentally stupid pick.

Combine that with taking midfield maestro Chayce Jones instead of Z Butters, AND trading another first rounder in this draft for what ended up being McAsey (and could have been Serong, W Day or K Pickett), and it’s pretty easy to see why we are where we are.

I bet he comes from a great family though. Hope they support his amateur league career which will commence in 2025 once his ridiculous AFL contract expires.
I’m not one for bumping my own posts but was having a look back through the evolution of this thread and had to laugh at this rant from me back in August 2022. Guessing Ned must have just had a shocker 😂

I’m not one for bumping my own posts but was having a look back through the evolution of this thread and had to laugh at this rant from me back in August 2022. Guessing Ned must have just had a shocker 😂

One from me, also in August '22.

Seen enough. Don’t want to see any more.

Surprised Taberner delisted by Freo - his body must be shot as swear I saw him play some solid games when on the park... Not Wayne Carey level, but a solid 2nd KPD...

Contracted for 2 more years
Going back to this.

He was given a two year contract in 2019 to take him until 2022 despite not debuting.

Two years later, he was given an extra two years to take him until 2024 despite still having another year to run at the time.

His pick wasn't so much the issue (still a bust), but he was given way too long and had too many opportunities. He should've been gone at the end of 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned McHenry - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back