BETON5

All Australian
Dec 19, 2006
Demonland
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm
WOW! What a stunning last 12 hours that has put some belief and excitement into some members and supporters still spuing on the departure of poor tom.
This combination is going to turn some of our so called pin up boys upside down,they are going to teach our players how to play defence b4 attack.

There are going to be a lot out there that will question this decision and i would to,BUT i do believe,and i do dream about 1 thing,and i think and thats a big think that this is a start to something Special,mind u there is a lot of work to do.
Expect to see a lot of players come out of there skin...and delist players we didnt think would go...big changes for the better.....
Bring on trade week!

Try finding one of the 10 other Neeld and Craig threads before starting one of your own next time?

But in all seriousness, this combo would be very exciting for the dees. Neeld with all the brute and Craig with all the knowledge

Try finding one of the 10 other Neeld and Craig threads before starting one of your own next time?

But in all seriousness, this combo would be very exciting for the dees. Neeld with all the brute and Craig with all the knowledge

If there was 1 on our board i wouldnt have started it,i dont pay much attention to the dribble on the other boards im just focused on whats on ours,so eat it up p4b...

Caro said no Craig. U would think she would know due to her relationship with Gary.

Craig hasnt been confirmed, but he would be a good mentor for Neeld... thats if Neeld needs one.

Me thinks he has what it takes to stand alone.

Caro said no Craig. U would think she would know due to her relationship with Gary.

She also said that the Pies wanted Neeld to stay on until they finish the season. Malthouse came out and said that that couldn't be further from the truth. She knows squat and is just speculating.

CS was on radio saying that we haven't ruled anyone out in terms of a possible director of coaching or whatever. Anything's possible i guess, but will also depend on what Neeld wants to do/have around him.

She also said that the Pies wanted Neeld to stay on until they finish the season. Malthouse came out and said that that couldn't be further from the truth. She knows squat and is just speculating.

CS was on radio saying that we haven't ruled anyone out in terms of a possible director of coaching or whatever. Anything's possible i guess, but will also depend on what Neeld wants to do/have around him.

Agree...let's not muck things up now by appointing the wrong director of coaching - assuming Mark Neeld needs one. Give the guy what he needs and let's not throw someone at him he mightn't want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My gut reaction is to trust Neeld's judgement here

Let him put together the coaching group he feels will work

Will be interesting to see if Todd Viney stays at the club if Neil Craig comes to Melbourne. Was rumoured to be the reason Viney left the Crows. Does that mean his son would be off the father-son list if he returned to Adelaide?? Interesting thought.

Will be interesting to see if Todd Viney stays at the club if Neil Craig comes to Melbourne. Was rumoured to be the reason Viney left the Crows. Does that mean his son would be off the father-son list if he returned to Adelaide?? Interesting thought.

Wouldn't have thought so.

Jack Viney has already signed a 5 year deal with Melbourne

Viney didn't leave because of Craig, he left to come back to MFC.
Just like Bomba Thompson and Wellman went back to Essendon, like Worsfold went back to West Coast, Voss back to Brisbane, Harvey back to St Kilda, and Cameron wanted to be back at the doggies.

Players love returning home to work at the club they played for.

Also Viney said he was frustrated at being a line coach & not in control - which is why he was keen to take up a development role at Melb.
Nice try though.

It also emerged yesterday that Sanderson's predecessor, Neil Craig, has been offered a lucrative role at West Coast along with offers from Melbourne and Richmond.

Melbourne appears in the box seat to win Craig's services, but the Adelaide coaching veteran has not yet reached a final decision although he has indicated to his former club that his preference is to move to Melbourne - the city. The Demons' offer is a senior director of coaching role that would see Craig act as a mentor to Mark Neeld and his team as well as play a role in the physical conditioning department.

Really hoping we get Craig. Would be a tremendous addition.

Craig is a very clever guy and I'm sure he could do great things at Melbourne.

Just don't let him anywhere near list management or game day coaching. I'm not trolling either. Just go back and watch a few Crows games from earlier this year. Some of the worst footy I've ever seen.

I think his best work is done behind the scenes. He was the crows fitness coach in 97, 98 and I'm absolutely sure we wouldn't have won those premierships without him. If you can get him into some kind of development role, he'd be an asset to your club.

Heu guys and I hope its ok that I post here. If I offend let any Mod delete my post and know that I apoligise.

Now thats out of the way, figure clubs like ours love info this type of year. Heard on 3aw that Craig has most likely chosen Richmond, they said it before the 7pm news.

Means proberbly jack but figure ill add it to the thread. Bottom line If he dosent go to the tigers then I do hope he chooses a club that would need him just as much as we do, in you guys

Anyway lads take care

Heu guys and I hope its ok that I post here. If I offend let any Mod delete my post and know that I apoligise.

Now thats out of the way, figure clubs like ours love info this type of year. Heard on 3aw that Craig has most likely chosen Richmond, they said it before the 7pm news.

Means proberbly jack but figure ill add it to the thread. Bottom line If he dosent go to the tigers then I do hope he chooses a club that would need him just as much as we do, in you guys

Anyway lads take care

good get for the Tigers if thats the way hes leaning.

I would be happy with either Craig or Laidley in the role for the MFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Neeld+Craig=Happy Days!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back