Never change the brownlow medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Demetriou has provided the lulz in recent years tho.
From starting with round 2 votes in 08?? to loving the sound of his own voice saying CEE.... JUDD!
for the threads sake can someone post the Michael Voss Robert Harvey appraisal from 2 years ago. The best cringe worthy stuff ive seen.

If they cut out the bullshit of the Brownlow and just read out the bloody votes the whole thing would be much, much shorter and more watchable.

They sort of get through the first half or so and the count is getting good and then they stop it for some stupid video montage of some bullshit no one cares about, just dragging the whole thing out to a painful level.

for the threads sake can someone post the Michael Voss Robert Harvey appraisal from 2 years ago. The best cringe worthy stuff ive seen.

part 1

[youtube]ND6zsBhvCRE[/youtube]

part 2 has the kate ceberano vox over sexy saints marching in saxophone

[youtube]cYsrDefwnIY[/youtube]

i can't bring myself to watch all the way through to see if it's all there and to list the highlights but in total that's about 16 minutes of cringe telly right there.

I thought it was done pretty well.

The Brownlow goes on for far too long, sometimes going over 3 hours in length (longer then a normal game).

While the Dally M is not as celebrated as the Brownlow, I think they have it partly right in only doing the last 10 rounds votes.

I'd still like to see the 3-2-1 read out by AD, but 24 rounds this year will be painful to watch.:thumbsdown:

Maybe just count down the second half of the season (12 rounds this year, 11 most others).

By that stage Judd will have 33 votes and the count would be effectively over.

But seriously, it's a over hyped, cringe fest. I like the review of the rounds, but the award is soooo flawed anyway and it's all turned into some big cultic/religious thing. Simplify it and just treat it for what it is, an archaic interesting but ultimately flawed award and a fun night out.

part 1

[youtube]ND6zsBhvCRE[/youtube]

part 2 has the kate ceberano vox over sexy saints marching in saxophone

[youtube]cYsrDefwnIY[/youtube]

i can't bring myself to watch all the way through to see if it's all there and to list the highlights but in total that's about 16 minutes of cringe telly right there.

i lasted 4 minutes..
truly awful television right there

didn bother with part 2

Just received an invite to this year's Brownlow actually. Seems to be access all areas too which is cool, if a tad dangerous

Any tips for first-timers? Going with 9 great mates.

Look out for the Troy Luff framed photo on our table

Pre-dinners at 4.45pm. Good grief!

I watched the whole thing last night and was very happy as the Storm killed it.

What annoyed me the most was you could feel the hate from everyone directed at the Storm every time they won something and secondly where was the bloody champagne to celebrated the games best player getting his Dally M?

Only times I ever watched the Brownlow all the way through was way way back when Jack Hamilton called out the votes. I would gather with friends at a pub with our Herald forms and almost, almost I said, go drink for drink each round so by the end of the night we were lucky to remember who won. :thumbsu: There was a lot of "what, was the umpire blind" "how did he score a vote" commetns flying as most in the group barracked for different teams so vaguely remembered a lot of the games.

In the past 10 years or more I watch the start, flick over now and then to see who's in front then usually the last two rounds, and if that Judd wins this year ALL hell will break loose at my place, flying coffee cups will be happening.

Glad Billy Slater won the DM and the Storm a lot of other awards, stick it up the NRL big wigs.

Have a look at the Dally M Medal on Fox Sports tonight.

What a pointless event. The players look so bored. Everyones looks bored actually.

Benji Marshall just scored 3 votes (points!) to get within 2 votes with a round to go .... and there wasnt any reaction at all

Did you hear the voice on David Gallop..?
Wouldn't you be bored, my 3yo speaks english with more fluency.!

The Brownlow is an outdated award.
It was a Fairest and Best award given to honest warriors in an era when thuggery was a constant.!

Given that the Thuggery has disappeared some 20+ years ago, the relevence of an umpire voted medal seems pointless!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the quickfire awards and the way they mixed up votes with other awards. Hated everyone's general nonchalance and the interviewers. Paul Gallen got two awards and both times he was asked who he thinks will take out the premiership.

Also loved Lyon and Cherry-Evans (but really, was there any doubt?).

I thought it was done pretty well.

The Brownlow goes on for far too long, sometimes going over 3 hours in length (longer then a normal game).

While the Dally M is not as celebrated as the Brownlow, I think they have it partly right in only doing the last 10 rounds votes.

I'd still like to see the 3-2-1 read out by AD, but 24 rounds this year will be painful to watch.:thumbsdown:

Maybe just count down the second half of the season (12 rounds this year, 11 most others).

That is by far one of dumbest points I've ever heard.

The whole point of the Brownlow is a build up in anticipation as to who wins it. The Dally M is so poor cutting in around halfway through the season and only reading out the votes of those in contention.

This thread is named never change the Brownlow and thats what should happen. Read out every round, every vote and come with a winner at the end. And not combine best positonal players, rookie of the year, coach of the year on the same night - takes away all these prestige of the main event.

The only bad thing about the brownlow is the recent thing there doing is making the favourites stand on stage before the votes start, and the host talks up there chances.... LAME :eek:

Most people enjoy the Brownlow as an event .Needs only to be formally divided into the Brownlow Red Carpet and the Reading of the votes for those who are not interested in the former (if it's not done already).It's great to review the whole season . They read and tally the votes very quickly .
But yes ,stop embarassing players by asking lame questions .

The most cringeworthy thing was last year by far, when they had Dane Swan, Gary Ablett and Luke Hodge stand up on the stage before the count as they were the big favourites. You could tell Gaz and Swanny just felt like knobs being showcased in front of everyone and Hodgey didn't even get up he just stayed at his table with the boys.

I I'd still like to see the 3-2-1 read out by AD, but 24 rounds this year will be painful to watch.:thumbsdown:

I would like to see it read out by anyone other than Andrew D. His pathetic pauses after he reads out the first initial of the vote getter is a joke.

Dennis Commetti would be my nomination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Never change the brownlow medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back