Never Tear Us Apart...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
jealous much everyone?

We don't give a **** what others think, we like it.

Gold Coast have been doing it longer than Port :) 2011 I think it was where there is a video montage for the 60 second countdown and Guns n Roses November Rain guitar solo over Metricon PA. Jealous you weren't first? Probably why Metricon was voted best stadium for a few years In a row. It's now stopped because it's not original anymore :p

It's amazing to be at the ground when this comes on. Port have set a new standard for pre game build ups.

I saw the replay of it on tv last night. It looked very good. I forgot who the commentator was that that made it seem lame with every word he said. "That's INXS" "a classic INXS song" "scarves!"

I swear Port fans try to rewrite their history every few years based on what suits them best at the time.

1997-2007: They try to distance themselves as much as possible from the much despised Port Magpies. Trying to present themselves as a fresh new club.

2008-2013: They change their mind and heavily push the "1870" line. I've lost count of the number of times that Port supporters have said that the PAFC and the PAMFC were completely separate. They said Port were formed in 1870 and moved into the AFL in 1997. The current port magpies was a different club they said.

2014: Now all of a sudden PAMFC are the same club and they've been reunited with a club that they previously had no connection with.

They're making this shit up as they go.

I swear Port fans try to rewrite their history every few years based on what suits them best at the time.

1997-2007: They try to distance themselves as much as possible from the much despised Port Magpies. Trying to present themselves as a fresh new club.

2008-2013: They change their mind and heavily push the "1870" line. I've lost count of the number of times that Port supporters have said that the PAFC and the PAMFC were completely separate. They said Port were formed in 1870 and moved into the AFL in 1997. The current port magpies was a different club they said.

2014: Now all of a sudden PAMFC are the same club and they've been reunited with a club that they previously had no connection with.

Let's ignore the facts...

Port are the same club.

It's official now in 2014, with the Magpies acting as a Reserves team.

The SANFL would have had the Magpies gone, and probably will try to again now that we are dominating in the SANFL, so yeah this song is actually quite relevant.

But hey, I don't care what opposition fans have to say, it ain't for you.

Gold Coast have been doing it longer than Port :) 2011 I think it was where there is a video montage for the 60 second countdown and Guns n Roses November Rain guitar solo over Metricon PA. Jealous you weren't first? Probably why Metricon was voted best stadium for a few years In a row. It's now stopped because it's not original anymore :p

What exactly was the montage of in 2011?

Gary Ablett playing for Geelong?

Andrew Demetriou handing your club a bag full of money with a dollar sign drawn on it?

An ad for Wet n Wild?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still trying to understand why this thread is even here.

Is it to debate whether their team would ever do it, or is it purely taking the opportunity to hang crap on Port Adelaide because we lost at home?

The song is something that has been embraced by the club and it's supporter base.
Why a supporter of any other team would be annoyed by that, is embarrassing IMHO.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

While i don't mind the song thing. The whole trying to create an identity is cringe-worthy

We will see how the rendition goes when things aren't as rosey for the Power, or is it magpies now?

Truely inspiring.
I went to the North v Hawk game the other night at Etihad.

They put a "make some noise" request on the big screens after a North goal just before the next bounce.

It was inspiring stuff that made you want to run out on the ground & help the North players out.

Great marketing ploy for those clubs that have finally realised that a fair chunk of their supporter base are simple!:rolleyes:

And the historical revisionism from Crows supporters on here about Port Adelaide's history is embarrassing as well.

Concentrate on making your own history rather than trying to disparage ours.

Some of the muppets on here need to get a life. The club played it at the start of season and the supporters loved it. We have embraced it and it's growing week by week. Totally supporter driven. I would never even consider commenting on what any other club is doing at their home games for their supporters.

So many spoilsports in this topic. Good on them for trying something different to the AFL usual. As a Lions fan I'd love to have something like this happening to get the fans worked up.

But why? Port already have a club song, as do all other AFL clubs, as ****ed as they all are.

In football, Liverpool's club song IS YNWA.

West Ham IS I'm forever blowing bubbles

Even my club Sydney FC have a song that's becoming it's anthem - 'We are Sydney' to the tune of Bonny Tyler's 'It's a heartache.' Sung by the cove supporters and now being adopted by the club in membership and many other club branding.

They're organic and evolve over time.

Port's attempt at this was just an instant manufactured and marketing fail.......and such a poor tune to sing in the lead-up to a footy match too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back