New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New AFL Video Game - Part 4

Big Ant Studios
I just want to know if this game has a watch your diet option.
for example you have Lynch and notice his getting fatter- can you somehow put Lynch on a restricted diet.

or is this going to be in the next game

Big ant Studios
Could you also tell me if there is going to be a community service option in this game for example if you have a player that's causing mischief, can you send him to do community service like work for the homeless or something.

Maybe in the next game I think.

Even when we create players, the commentator isnt programed to say our players name. what will happen then?

Maybe there should be a feature to record player surnames with a microphone.

Or I could just go and muck around with the files seeing as I'm getting it on PC. And if that doesn't work, reinstall and try again :D

Whilst some might be very disappointed about the lack of a draft, I don't think it is that much of a big deal.

The rosters can be changed manually so we can create our own players/new draftees if we wish, or even just create a whole team ourself and use it in a season, that is pretty kick arse!!! When it comes to trades/retirements etc we can easily just retire people or trade them across so that is no big deal.

Lets face it, with how much effort and detail has gone into the player models, in the end why would you want to be playing with a bunch of generic draft picks, 5 seasons in and you won't have many actual properly modeled AFL players on your side, which would be disappointing to play with considering how good the pics look so far of Aker/Nic Nat etc

Ross maybe you should cheer us up by showing us the TJ snippet:)

even a basic fantasy draft would have been nice

all the AFL listed players in a pool and start building teams from scratch manually or automatically in a simulated draft

i know tonnes of NBA games have this

surely thats not too hard to include?

even a basic fantasy draft would have been nice

all the AFL listed players in a pool and start building teams from scratch manually or automatically in a simulated draft

i know tonnes of NBA games have this

surely thats not too hard to include?

Hold out till the next release then if player management means that much?

Couldn't you just edit the teams anyway if you wanted a fantasy draft? I'm glad they didn't bother with that in this edition... season mode is good... now hopefully the gameplay is decent. With those two you have a game that I will thrash for a long time.

Couldn't you just edit the teams anyway if you wanted a fantasy draft? I'm glad they didn't bother with that in this edition... season mode is good... now hopefully the gameplay is decent. With those two you have a game that I will thrash for a long time.

Yeah Ross did say you can edit teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Ant Studios
I just want to know if this game has a watch your diet option.
for example you have Lynch and notice his getting fatter- can you somehow put Lynch on a restricted diet.

or is this going to be in the next game

notsureifserious.gif

Anyway, a lot to process so far having just logged into BF. It seems there is a career mode, but with no draft. It's not the end of the world but I do wonder how that would work out if players age etc. It sounds like we can create a player whilst in this mode? And add him to teams as you go along?

Someone also addressed the issue of AI team management, whether or not their players will retire or if WE do that. If there is an unlimited amount of players you can create so you can manage every list in the AFL, I'll be fine with that. I'm just keen to hear more about how it would work tbh.

I'm fine with this game just cracking down on gameplay, in fact I'm glad, things like the draft and stuff can wait for the next version if the gameplay is solid.

People asking for DreamTeam points etc, yikes.

The more complaints hear about the draft, the less I care about it. The drafts in the last titles were such abominations it was almost a game killer for me, eg Daniel Judd. If someone offered me AFL07 again with the choice of THAT draft or this system of creating players and putting them in, I would have chosen this one in a heartbeat. Keep some perspective.

I'd rather they, if drafting IS to be in the next one and provided there isnt anything drastically wrong with gameplay, just have a decent crack at perfecting a draft system with more time and a slightly inflated budget, as opposed to giving us a half asses one.

So there, I'm good.

Also, I'd like to say I couldn't care less that the commentators won't be able to say all the player names.

Not everyone will go down that path. Personally, I have no interest in doing so.

Agreed, it's a shocking idea and only the most moronic of gamers would bother IMO.

Bit dissapointed about no draft or career mode, but still looking forward to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back