New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: New AFL Video Game - Part 4

this game sounds like its gonnna be really good on gameplay but the thing that worrys me is that this game could get really annoying realy quick with the lack of a major career mode. I hope this is fixed for the next games.

maybe they could get a game add on for the new gc team and also have a new career mode on the same game pack

what other gaming franchise leaves features out to draw people in for later versions?

Massive lol. Only every sporting game franchise there has ever been. Be a pro, manager mode, mission/challenge mode, training mode, mini game modes are just a few examples of game modes added to sports game franchises over the course of several years.

Lance Uppercut is on the money and besides, without great game play and graphics who the hell would want to play 10 seasons worth anyway?

You want manager/career mode - wait a year or 2 OR go play Footy Fanatic FX, Total Aussie Rules or Premiership Coach.

Game is sounding awesome, thanks again Ross for the updates.

Who cares about the draft, as I mentioned before, all that you would end up doing is within 5 seasons, most of you current day AFL players who have been accurately modeled will be gone and you will have a field of generic players running around, such a waste!

For those that are worried about trades/drafting, simple, You can create your own players which you can then move into squads, even create your own sides, so you could have Tasmania/Gold Coast/ your own home town etc Create players to go in that side and fill it up, make all of the players 17 years old or something, then come end of season time on your current season, start swapping players around at different clubs.

It really would not be all that hard to work out some realistic moves from club to club, you just look at season stats and see that say Anthony Corrie has not got a game at the pies, easy move him to West Coast or Melbourne or a created side, and bring someone else from that side into the Pies. Seriously just go through and move on 2-5 depth players who don't or very rarely get a game and move them on to other clubs and so forth. You could also have at the end of every season you make sure every club does 1 trade, and just go through and do realistic trades. If you really want to go that step further draw further, put names into a hat and draw them out for trades, there is way's around it.

I would rather be playing seasons with the same lists or tweak lists myself , with the real life modeled players than have fields of generic players running around, or even worse as the last batch of AFL games, have 20 Riewoltds and 15 Swans in the AFL, and having Chris Judd traded for Robin Nahas and Matt White

You're absolutely right here, that's what I might do now.
Just do realistic trades after each season. :)

im really excited for this game hopefully it comes out soon the graphics looking awesome and hopefullly its more realistic and better than recent ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive lol. Only every sporting game franchise there has ever been. Be a pro, manager mode, mission/challenge mode, training mode, mini game modes are just a few examples of game modes added to sports game franchises over the course of several years.

Lance Uppercut is on the money and besides, without great game play and graphics who the hell would want to play 10 seasons worth anyway?

You want manager/career mode - wait a year or 2 OR go play Footy Fanatic FX, Total Aussie Rules or Premiership Coach.

Game is sounding awesome, thanks again Ross for the updates.

those modes werent left out on purpose like uppercut refers apple do with iphones

those modes werent possible with the technology / programming available years ago and now that they are they are included in games by developers

its a stupid comparison, developers havent left that stuff out on purpose in the past at all , waiting for future versions

Actually you're probably right.

Plus I realised you can have edited squads online, which will be cause for more exploitation. Expect every team to be an AA team. :p

I would suggest edited teams will be an unranked style play list.

Either way, the point has been made about budget limitations. I'd rather the money being spent on core gameplay than fringe features.

This game looks mint as:D, hurry the eff up an show more snippets of screenshots from the game, i dont even have a ps3 but my mate does, game looks sick as, now i can get a team that can thrash geelong:D

i agree with porkaspies i wish they just released it already :( its going to be good because even after a year you can play the game with real squads and do realistic trades that happen over the pre season :)

those modes werent left out on purpose like uppercut refers apple do with iphones

those modes werent possible with the technology / programming available years ago and now that they are they are included in games by developers

its a stupid comparison, developers havent left that stuff out on purpose in the past at all , waiting for future versions

You're just speculating, end of the day BigAnt will be working to a budget. I'd rather them spend their budget on getting the gameplay right, then pissing it away on team management setup and delivering half arsed gameplay. Creating a game engine from scratch would not come cheap.

You're just speculating, end of the day BigAnt will be working to a budget. I'd rather them spend their budget on getting the gameplay right, then pissing it away on team management setup and delivering half arsed gameplay. Creating a game engine from scratch would not come cheap.

Indeed, and next year they obviously won't be starting from scratch which is why features will come in time.

Btw Ant_, did you ever confirm when that playtest will be? I remember you saying something about mid August, if that works out, we'll get some rock solid news in about 3 weeks :thumbsu:

i agree with porkaspies i wish they just released it already :( its going to be good because even after a year you can play the game with real squads and do realistic trades that happen over the pre season :)

yeh i agree with harey10 there, and also, i wonder if there is going to be the VFL and like SANFL in this game, and good job with the game, chop out a free copy for a mate, please haha

Please tell me of this technology that wasn't available only 2-5 years ago?

Be a pro - they moved the camera angle to follow a single player. Hardly new technology.

Manager Mode - A whole lot of text with some basic programming to allow simming, trading, drafting etc. New technology? No.

Training ground mode - Remove everything from screen except the stadium, player and ball. No need for new tech here either.

Mini Games - I suggest it is easier to make a 3 point shoot out mini game than it is to make a full fledged, realistic basketball game.

It's basic marketing 101 really. The comparisons cannot be ignored between the advancement in features/modes of products such as TV's, phones, computers, gaming consoles, cars and.....games, ensuring people do not become complacent with their current product and to make them feel the need for an upgrade.

yeh good point porkaspies, it will be interesting to see and vfl , sanfl , wafl etc in the game or if you could create them it would make the game even that much better!! ANYMORE SCREENSHOTS ANYTIME SOON ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back