New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New AFL Video Game - Part 4

so that means at least 90% of people will then

Actually you're probably right.

Plus I realised you can have edited squads online, which will be cause for more exploitation. Expect every team to be an AA team. :p

Who cares about the draft, as I mentioned before, all that you would end up doing is within 5 seasons, most of you current day AFL players who have been accurately modeled will be gone and you will have a field of generic players running around, such a waste!

For those that are worried about trades/drafting, simple, You can create your own players which you can then move into squads, even create your own sides, so you could have Tasmania/Gold Coast/ your own home town etc Create players to go in that side and fill it up, make all of the players 17 years old or something, then come end of season time on your current season, start swapping players around at different clubs.

It really would not be all that hard to work out some realistic moves from club to club, you just look at season stats and see that say Anthony Corrie has not got a game at the pies, easy move him to West Coast or Melbourne or a created side, and bring someone else from that side into the Pies. Seriously just go through and move on 2-5 depth players who don't or very rarely get a game and move them on to other clubs and so forth. You could also have at the end of every season you make sure every club does 1 trade, and just go through and do realistic trades. If you really want to go that step further draw further, put names into a hat and draw them out for trades, there is way's around it.

I would rather be playing seasons with the same lists or tweak lists myself , with the real life modeled players than have fields of generic players running around, or even worse as the last batch of AFL games, have 20 Riewoltds and 15 Swans in the AFL, and having Chris Judd traded for Robin Nahas and Matt White

Yep.

I'd rather the game be released September 2011, and include a career mode and atleast a basic drafting system.
So if the game is released before then, you will refrain from purchasing it, just because of a few minor features that are missing which are predominantly unrelated to the actual gameplay, which you seem to have forgotten is the most important part of the whole damn thing?

Each to their own, I guess.

Yep.

I'd rather the game be released September 2011, and include a career mode and atleast a basic drafting system.

Do you struggle to see that for this version of the game which they have built from scratch , they focused on the gameplay and also the details of players etc. They want you to play this game and feel as though your on the field or if people walk buy they won't know whether its a game or a footy match on TV.

The proper list management etc will come in the next version, which by what Ross said about by the team GWS are due to join we should be talking about game 2, should be 2011 then?

The game comes out as is, with the focus being on game play and graphic details, they can get feedback from it, and then go from there.

There are plenty of footy management games out there, first off we want a game that is fun to play and realistic, focus on the trading/draft things later on!

Who cares about the draft, as I mentioned before, all that you would end up doing is within 5 seasons, most of you current day AFL players who have been accurately modeled will be gone and you will have a field of generic players running around, such a waste!

For those that are worried about trades/drafting, simple, You can create your own players which you can then move into squads, even create your own sides, so you could have Tasmania/Gold Coast/ your own home town etc Create players to go in that side and fill it up, make all of the players 17 years old or something, then come end of season time on your current season, start swapping players around at different clubs.

It really would not be all that hard to work out some realistic moves from club to club, you just look at season stats and see that say Anthony Corrie has not got a game at the pies, easy move him to West Coast or Melbourne or a created side, and bring someone else from that side into the Pies. Seriously just go through and move on 2-5 depth players who don't or very rarely get a game and move them on to other clubs and so forth. You could also have at the end of every season you make sure every club does 1 trade, and just go through and do realistic trades. If you really want to go that step further draw further, put names into a hat and draw them out for trades, there is way's around it.

I would rather be playing seasons with the same lists or tweak lists myself , with the real life modeled players than have fields of generic players running around, or even worse as the last batch of AFL games, have 20 Riewoltds and 15 Swans in the AFL, and having Chris Judd traded for Robin Nahas and Matt White

Yep, agree. Though I don't understand what you meant by:

ho cares about the draft, as I mentioned before, all that you would end up doing is within 5 seasons, most of you current day AFL players who have been accurately modeled will be gone and you will have a field of generic players running around, such a waste!

I'm probably misunderstanding you but has it been mentioned somewhere that there is a max of five seasons?

So if the game is released before then, you will refrain from purchasing it, just because of a few minor features that are missing which are predominantly unrelated to the actual gameplay, which you seem to have forgotten is the most important part of the whole damn thing?

Each to their own, I guess.
I never said any thing remotely similar to what you just said.

Hi Ross

I noticed somewhere that it was mentioned about off field stuff like the brownlow and coleman, will there also be a rising star award for first/second year players, and all australia selection.

Can we please get rid of the ****ing imbiciles on this board please

The purpose of this game, is to develop and showcase an AI which can be used to build on a successfull long run of AFL games. Who cares about these irrelevant tacky aditions. The game will be marked on its main feature....its gameplay. And anyone who is dismissing this game before we have even seen a screenshot or game video, is cleary ****ed in the head

Yep, agree. Though I don't understand what you meant by:

I'm probably misunderstanding you but has it been mentioned somewhere that there is a max of five seasons?

No, I am not sure if there is a season limit, but I was just saying that after you had played around 5 seasons, most of your list from the start of the game would be gone, and you would end up with Generic players running around the field, and names/players that are totally made up

I can't believe how many whinging ****s there are in here!

Seriously, think about it? Why didn't Apple put all the features in the iPhone straight away?

Why do companies drip feed technology into their products?

It's just commercial common sense. Quite apart from the whole "focusing on gameplay" angle, why would you release a product that can't be improved upon for the next release?

I know I wouldn't. I'd get a game as sick as possible, and leave out elements so that everyone is tonguing to buy the next version as well.

I can easily say I'm happy to spend my $90 on v1, and same again on v2, and v3 etc.

These guys put so much effort into their games, on a relative shoe-string budget, that people should just be happy to get a good next-gen AFL game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i thought it was all about dane swans tattoo, travis johnstones beard and naitanuis socks?

Yeah NicNats socks are wrong :mad:

Draft is irrelevant when a players socks are wrong.

The purpose of this game, is to develop and showcase an AI which can be used to build on a successfull long run of AFL games. Who cares about these irrelevant tacky aditions. The game will be marked on its main feature....its gameplay. And anyone who is dismissing this game before we have even seen a screenshot or game video, is cleary ****ed in the head

i thought the point was to make an AFL game

you know AFL has trading and drafting etc ?

and that any sports game worth more than a pinch of salt has decent online play

they are valid things to be dissapointed about

i'll still buy it - but meh

There are so many ways you can manually get around the draft/trade period, considering there is a create a player mode and you can swap players to different clubs.

People should focus on the game play and if they want to mix things up and end of the season, create some players/ swap some players, create your own team , and wait for DLC if available, not that hard really

Only 2 consoles can connect online.

There's not going to be a huge amount of people online and that's just to provide a steady connection with Australia's shitty uploads. There's a huge ground and heaps of action to render and that would make it horrible for an online game with 4 consoles.

Seriously, think about it? Why didn't Apple put all the features in the iPhone straight away?

It's just commercial common sense. Quite apart from the whole "focusing on gameplay" angle, why would you release a product that can't be improved upon for the next release?

I know I wouldn't. I'd get a game as sick as possible, and leave out elements so that everyone is tonguing to buy the next version as well.

guess im not willing to just be a suckup fanboi because the developer comes in the thread

I can easily say I'm happy to spend my $90 on v1, and same again on v2, and v3 etc.

These guys put so much effort into their games, on a relative shoe-string budget, that people should just be happy to get a good next-gen AFL game

we're not talking about iphones we are talking about games

what other gaming franchise leaves features out to draw people in for later versions?

i appreciate the focus on gameplay but it shouldnt really be at the expense of game features

Why are you guys so damn angry?

i thought the point was to make an AFL game

you know AFL has trading and drafting etc ?

and that any sports game worth more than a pinch of salt has decent online play

they are valid things to be dissapointed about

i'll still buy it - but meh

It's not like you can't send Ablett to GC. Plus the create-a-player allows you to pretty much do your own realistic draft with your team.

what other gaming franchise leaves features out to draw people in for later versions?

i appreciate the focus on gameplay but it shouldnt really be at the expense of game features

Get over it, I can't believe people are whinging about this aspect, when as someone else just said, be thankful to have an AFL game on a next gen console, and after seeing what the previous versions had in terms of game play and team management, I am more than happy that this version will focus on the speed of the game and how the game plays. I also am looking forward to finally playing an AFL game where you can instantly pick out any player on the field.

It has taken them this long to get the game to where it is now because they start from scratch, get the game play right and tweak that. Release the game, get feedback on how the game plays which is the most important thing, and once they know they have a good solid platform base to work with, all they have to do for the next versions is tweak whatever parts they need to in game play wise, then spend more time working on other features like drafts/trades etc.

They obviously could have put a rushed/half arsed version in this game, but what's the point, the biggest criticism that people had over the last games where trades and drafting, they have stated why they didn't do the drafts as they don't have licensing to photograph/model players that are on the verge of being drafted this up coming draft.

I can't understand why people would be more worried about drafting generic players onto a game where for once, the players actually look like their real life selfs.

Make your own trades, swap players around, create your own players to put it at an end of a season or even better create your own football side to play against the AFL sides. the guys have added more than enough creation features

Good post I thought.

No, I am not sure if there is a season limit, but I was just saying that after you had played around 5 seasons, most of your list from the start of the game would be gone, and you would end up with Generic players running around the field, and names/players that are totally made up

Oh alright, cool. And I agree, I'd hate to see made-up names, I'd rather come up with them myself.

did the first Fifa have all the features of Fifa10? This is the FIRST AFL game produced by BigAnt. Why shouldn't they ensure they have an ongoing concern?

In any case, who are you to say what the focus should or shouldn't be?

You do realise that, with the size of our market, any AFL game has a miniscule budget compared to any soccer, NFL, Hockey etc games?

I think it sounds like BigAnt are doing a tremendous job on what must be limited resources.

I'm going to enjoy playing the game, & not have a sook about drafts (which can't be done properly legally anyway) or other such sideshows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back