New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't want it to become easy to come back each time I get 6 goals down. :thumbsdown:
Catch up systems generally work for the computer, not for you.

As in, you get 6 goals in front and it becomes harder and harder to score, not really the other way around.

Hello there, this is my first post and im just going to say that
Catch-up=Bad:mad:
and that i think creating a player needs to be a limit on their stats, otherwise everyone will put everything to 100 and get really bored:rolleyes:

and that i think creating a player needs to be a limit on their stats, otherwise everyone will put everything to 100 and get really bored:rolleyes:
Disagree. If you want realistic stats you shouldn't cap them. Online should be different though, all online teams should be default.

Hello there, this is my first post and im just going to say that
Catch-up=Bad:mad:

Or that once you create a player. You start a fixed number of stats. And through matches and training. You can upgrade him.

Disagree. If you want realistic stats you shouldn't cap them. Online should be different though, all online teams should be default.

Spot on. I don't understand why people say "it's boring to put them at 100." No one's telling you to for gods sake. :confused::rolleyes:

Did Ross say that created teams can be used online? I thought I read that back in one of the topics, but I couldn't find it in the FAQ. I think having it uncapped is good, what if in this years draft there is a player like Micheal Barlow that would already be ranked higher than the cap limit and would lose realism. And if they make it unable to use Created teams in ranked online matches then even if people are creating teams of maxed out players atleast you could have the option to play a ranked match and not get smashed by a team of supermen.

can u trade players at any stage of the season or do u have to wait till the off season and does anyone know how the injuries work in this game

Or that once you create a player. You start a fixed number of stats. And through matches and training. You can upgrade him.

YES!, that is exactly the kind of thing I would want personally,

Bear with me for a second and feel free to disagree but i was thinking what if you had a limit depending on what age they were, so if you're making a player that is 18 he must be around 40 -60(assuming they are 1-100) and around the 24 - 26 they dont have a limit.

just a thought:D

can u trade players at any stage of the season or do u have to wait till the off season and does anyone know how the injuries work in this game

I think that there is a separate team management thing to select at the main menu, so I would think that you could change them mid season. Or you may be able to change them mid season but the players will only show up in Exhibition matches and you have to wait for a new season for that player to show up on your team list.

Ross has said that when players get injured you will notice that it has happened and that they will limp or hobble towards the bench and that the game will not stop for this.

It would actually be to do with licensing and not whether BigAnt want to do it. Just like any sports game in the world they need the license to create leagues in games. This is why you see a game like IC10 with England and Australia with all licensed outfits and players but every other team resorts to fake outfits and players names being changed up.

BigAnt would need the licenses of VFL, WAFL, SANFL, NT, QAFL and whatever other league they wanted to be able to have them in the game.

They can always have generic leagues (but then everyone will get shitty that they're generic).Catch up systems aren't aways the same. Different games can have them and have them work very well to the extent that the difficulty gets more challenging but it's not as if you just lie down while they turn to supermen. That sort of catch up system where you get no chance is generally gone.

If we had the choice of having it in or not, I would rather it be in. Because it will always throw up a challenge rather than have you just run away dominate with a match.

If you don't want a catch up system, play online.Then you would want it on.Why didn't you do that before posting, as the thread title says???:confused:
Yes I know I should have saw that part after my post sorry!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it comes to sports games, people often crave the ability to make new teams and players etc but when it comes to AFL games, this isn't all that important.

Why do people love customisation in FIFA and PES games? Because there are so many top quality soccer leagues that many people want to recreate. Cricket games have always been craving customisation because people like playing with state and county teams.

Now it comes to the AFL and we can create 18 teams...wow. What are we going to create exactly? I doubt even the biggest SANFL fan could be bothered recreating every team and every player. In these created teams can we at least add in existing players? If that were the case, I'd probably make some state of origin teams and other rep sides, but I can't think of too many other things. Can we customise the jumper?

This may sound rude but I reckon these customisation tools may just be a poor way of compensating for not being bothered to add in trading and drafting.

I'm fairly sure Onyacoxy is wrong and you can only create 2 teams giving you a total of 18 (original 16 + 2 created)

Actually you can only create 1 team if I read the FAQ right. I think they have all 16 teams and the Gold Coast and 1 empty slot for your own created team, but in theory the Gold Coast is so un-developed you could just use them as the secondary created team. Remember its possible to remove every player from every team and build them all from scratch.

just a small thing too - in that faq thread picture of naitanui leading

the way he is looking towards where the ball carrier is and leading - wouldnt you naturally lead/point with your right arm in that situation - not your left?

bit unco to lead with left arm in that position

yeah see alan i was afraid that was the case, i was hoping i had misunderstood and that it meant your created leagues could have a max of 18 teams, i was looking forward to creating a State of Origin league as well as a local country league involving local country teams from my area.

That being said i can still create a tassie side, so either way still excited to have a create-a-team mode!!

Re: New AFL Video Game - Part 4

Create your own team, own players, and own comp

Can play user crated teams online.

18 Playable sides include those that you create.

What this means, is the 16 teams in the AFL and then your two created teams.

For me it will be West Sydney & Gold Coast Suns

i wish bigant just bloody released a trailer or something what do u guys think

Yes, But it's up to Tru Blu (the Publishers) to organise the screen shots and tralier.

So it's not upto Big Ant to release the tralier and screan shots. BigAntStudios or Ross has been allowed to show us small snipets of this game. So we should thank him.

GOOD JOB BIG ANT!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back