New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, kind of a wierd question, but will the game have teams running through banners before the game onto the ground? I just liked that in some of the earlier games for some odd reason. Indeed its a question that has nothing to do with gameplay, but im just wondering. lol, like maybe you could write your own stuff on it, dam that would be funny. Writting random crap lol.

he hasnt bulked up like that - anyone being honest and not sucking up will say it like it is and admit that doesnt look like leuenberger

Just putting it out there, as for the game...until I play it I'll be sitting on the fence

Haven't asked a question for a while but I just thought of a couple...

Will there be 50m penalty's at all? Also, what free kicks are in the game?

Push in the back?
Tripping?
Holding the ball in at the bottom of the pack?
Holding/Blocking?
Throwing the ball?
Rushed behind rule?

And is there any chance you could tell us the options for quarter lengths? Understand if you can't mate and just on that, will stamina decrease accordingly? ie. player's stamina level decreases faster with shorter quarter lengths allowing interchanges to be just as vital as in a long game.

Thanks.

he hasnt bulked up like that - anyone being honest and not sucking up will say it like it is and admit that doesnt look like leuenberger
It does actually look like leunburger, and considering Leunburger isn't very recognizable I think they have dona great job. You can't honestly tell me that you would pick out leunburger in a crowd.

If someone gets a serious leg injury or something along those lines, well their be a stretcher or trainers carrying him off the ground, then they get a reporter from on the ground to tell us what injury it is and if he would be able to come back on the ground

Please remember that these are not touched up, in game shots, and are pre-release. Most companies do not show anything until it is time to ship/pre-order and when they do it is generally the best (out of hundreds taken), well considered, touched up shots. This is an on the fly, me about to walk out the door grab because I promised I would get something out to you by Monday night.

My guess is Leunburger - and I could be wrong - it's my best guess and I may well be caned by the Brisbane guys and artists at work that know better. I admit I don't know all of the players at a distance.

I know it's Gibbs and TJ, and I am happy with how they look compared to any game currently in the market, let alone a first generation AFL game.

That said, happy for any constructive criticism that helps make this game better.

PS: This is a very small snippet from the larger sceenshot, so it is already pretty "zoomed in"

Please remember that these are not touched up, in game shots, and are pre-release. Most companies do not show anything until it is time to ship/pre-order and when they do it is generally the best (out of hundreds taken), well considered, touched up shots. This is an on the fly, me about to walk out the door grab because I promised I would get something out to you by Monday night.

My guess is Leunburger - and I could be wrong - it's my best guess and I may well be caned by the Brisbane guys and artists at work that know better. I admit I don't know all of the players at a distance.

I know it's Gibbs and TJ, and I am happy with how they look compared to any game currently in the market, let alone a first generation AFL game.

That said, happy for any constructive criticism that helps make this game better.

PS: This is a very small snippet from the larger sceenshot, so it is already pretty "zoomed in"

Its a good shot Ross, I think a lot of people just saw some weird aspects of the shot because of its angle and jumped to conclusions, I was one of them. We all appreciate that you have shown us exclusive content and for that all of us would buy the game I dare say.

Just a question however, is there any chance of releasing a few more player pictures in the format similar to the ones of Akermanis, Natanui and Thomas? In other words just close up?

Thank you.

Great work Ross. :thumbsu:
BTW, do you realise how jealous we all are of you?
You get to go to work and PLAY the new AFL Video Game that no-one else is allowed to know about!

I bet you don't mind doing a bit of overtime right now. :cool:

I genuinely think the screenshot looks great. So dont know what some people are on about.

And if one more person asks Ross when he is going to show the Buddy shot, then I really hope that he doesnt show it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross are you only able to show us an unpolished version because of sponsors?

Or is that the most up to date version thus far? Thanks for the images :thumbsu:

Understand, I doubt anyone is making any final judgements until the have more information. We appreciate your efforts here mate. :thumbsu:

you guys wouldnt be carrying on like blind fanbois if the developer wasnt here

you're all star struck and afraid to tell it like it is , so afraid of negative feedback
Judging a game by a screen shot from a build which is far from completion is stupid. All you've been given are small snippets and they looks pretty good, players are recognisable and the graphics are great imo. I would have settled for far less as all i wanted was a game with solid gameplay. You getting upset about tiny little things is pathetic.

Grrofunger i would hate to see your expectations of the team you support :(

On another note, Ross great job thanks so much for releasing another pic, most of us here appreciate whatever info you can provide us with. Graphics look realistic enough for me, hopefully the game play comes through and we have ourselves a cracker of a game.

So it could be Clark?!:eek::D First instinct was Clark and I have to still say I reckon it's him.:thumbsu:

BTW how amazing is it that in 6 days this thread has had nearly 800 posts...too bad very few are actually genuine contributions though.

"OMG the boots are all black! The ball is too Yellow. Leuenberger/Clarke has a mole on his left thigh!" FFS!

Seriously people; the more you criticize a game/person the less they are going to show. Just be happy that we are getting anything.

The screen shot looks great. Now can all of teh n00bs (oidea where y'all came from) stop asking every minute for a screen shot of Ben Nason's toe nails or umpires blowing their own whistle. It's extremely annoying to see 10 pages added over a weekend only to see all of it is people whinging or asking for more....

:thumbsu:

I like alot of other people dont expect the graphics to be brilliant as long as the gameplay is good who really cares.
I've had a look at the rugby league game graphics and im sure the two will be fairly similar.

I don't understand why so many people are complaining about the graphics? They look fine to me. Gibbs and Johnstone are instantly recognisable.

Every player's face and body has been scanned and put into the game so this should be the best looking AFL game yet. No more generic faces and player models! :thumbsu:

Complaining about the size of Luey's shoulders... ffs.

2k Sports and EA Sports have 10x the budget and staff of BigAnt and even their games have problems with character models and the such. As time progresses the producers will no doubt improve on character development and features. This is BigAnt's first attempt at an AFL game, and people expect the sort of detail that is involved in FIFA? Just be happy your getting a decent AFL game at all.

I don't understand why so many people are complaining about the graphics? They look fine to me. Gibbs and Johnstone are instantly recognisable.

Every player's face and body has been scanned and put into the game so this should be the best looking AFL game yet. No more generic faces and player models! :thumbsu:

yeh i agree its gonna be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back