New AFL Video Game - Part 5 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and he would have to get used to sitting at the top of the ladder and beating teams week after week..... :)

Q for Ross:
Will the commentators make any special comments if a player is playing his 200th game or making his debut for the club?
If there are banners before the game are they the same every time?

I think that guy thinks that when the players are created, they are created with the guernsey on, if that makes sense

like, they made 2 buddy's, one with hawks clash and one with hawks home, and if he was traded to say, west coast ;), they wouldnt have made a west coast buddy and the jumper wouldnt look as good

Yeah thats what I meant.

In regards to custom teams, all it says in there is you can create over 700 players and there are 18 playable sides, so that would mean you could create one or two teams wouldnt it?

Yeah thats what I meant.

In regards to custom teams, all it says in there is you can create over 700 players and there are 18 playable sides, so that would mean you could create one or two teams wouldnt it?

You can only create one team. The 17th team is Gold Coast and the 18th is the Custom side.

Hello Ross,
Before playing a game, can we choose what jumpers the teams will be wearing before commencing play? For example... Say I choose to play as the travelling team. Like Freo for example. Instead of wearing their normal clash jumper which looks completely boring? Can I swap it round for the one that they would wear at home instead?
Really looking forward to seeing the new afl game. To everyone at Big Ant keep up the good work!!!

Ross,

Im keen to get you take on the difficulty of the AI in your game. Previous titles have had little replay value as the AI was crap. How are you addressing the difficulty issues of previous games by other vendors. If you win every game by 10+ goals then the games gives you very little value long term. I think if you get this right then the game will be a major success.

Ross,

Im keen to get you take on the difficulty of the AI in your game. Previous titles have had little replay value as the AI was crap. How are you addressing the difficulty issues of previous games by other vendors. If you win every game by 10+ goals then the games gives you very little value long term. I think if you get this right then the game will be a major success.

They aren't. Seeing as this game is being built from scratch there aren't any previous issues to address. There has been talk of a variation of the old 'catch-up' system being used, but I don't believe this has been confirmed.

like Joe Misiti?

n112093725468754_8538.jpg

I heard a story... I think I can tell it now as they no longer exist....

Apparently one of the dev staff at IR Gurus/Transmission went to school with Misiti and they didn't get along... so hence a very fat, slow Misiti was created - intentionally.

Hello Ross,
Before playing a game, can we choose what jumpers the teams will be wearing before commencing play? For example... Say I choose to play as the travelling team. Like Freo for example. Instead of wearing their normal clash jumper which looks completely boring? Can I swap it round for the one that they would wear at home instead?
Really looking forward to seeing the new afl game. To everyone at Big Ant keep up the good work!!!

You can choose the jumpers prior to starting.

PS: Jumpers are modelled independantly of the players... ie Gazza looks fine in a GC Jumper :)

Apparently one of the dev staff at IR Gurus/Transmission went to school with Misiti and they didn't get along... so hence a very fat, slow Misiti was created - intentionally.
haha

that is awesome

Ross,

It's really tough to get the level of difficulty right. My personal take is that in development we make it near impossible to win and then wind it back to "normal" and "easy"... my experience is it's easier to make things easier than harder, and generally when you try to increase difficulty you end up with the AI cheating... eg. many car games that have the cars catch up or pass you when you crash.

Lol hold a grudge that long :)

Hi ross, sorry for the late response, but thank you for your answer about the bonuses for pre orders.

I do have another involving rookie listed players, i am basically understanding that because of the "no draft" that players do have a money value in the game, but you have also you can have 40 players on a team list, so obviously this includes (real life) rookie listed players as well, during season modes can we select them in the playing 22 normally or are the seprately listed as rookies and we need a long term injury to play them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, can we expect Milne to be fat and slow too (because nobody likes him)?:)
Or 2010 christmas, when all the lists have been completed.
Christmas would be the absolute worst time to bring it out. Not only is it the lowest time for hype, but then you have lists that will be instantly outdated.

At least bringing it out during the finals or right before the Grand Final you have the lists still in some way correct. But bringing it out post-draft, post-delistings and post-retirements would be terrible. I truly hope Tru Blue/HES have more idea than a Christmas release.

Simple fact is, it'll be pre-Grand Final 2010 or close to the start of the 2011 season. Any other time and Tru Blue/HES are setting it up to fail.

I have noticed that a certain electronics business is advertising the new "Rugby League Live 2010" as hitting the shelves this week (25th August) to coincide with the NZ release. Is it true that:
1): Rugby League Live 2010 is being released a week early?
and
2): The reason for the early release is so that they can release AFL during the first week of the finals?

This game sounds fantastic and the developers / publicists deserve a big bat on the back for keeping us informed - nice work and bring it on!

I have noticed that a certain electronics business is advertising the new "Rugby League Live 2010" as hitting the shelves this week (25th August) to coincide with the NZ release. Is it true that:
and
2): The reason for the early release is so that they can release AFL during the first week of the finals?

This game sounds fantastic and the developers / publicists deserve a big bat on the back for keeping us informed - nice work and bring it on!

You want someone to have a bat on the developers backs? Kinky.

I've been away from this thread for awhile due to laziness etc but I've just been reading through the BAS posts I've missed and must say I'm very excited :thumbsu:

Love the detail of the stats and the fact you get to choose jumpers before the game is a massive plus for me.

and

If AFL was being released first week of the finals, the press release would have come out ages ago.

Also Ant_ would have had his playtest. I guess that was put off? Because I think Ant_ was hopeful that was going to be mid August.

If AFL was being released first week of the finals, the press release would have come out ages ago.

Also Ant_ would have had his playtest. I guess that was put off? Because I think Ant_ was hopeful that was going to be mid August.

Yeah it's been postponed to a later date. Ross could not get the approval of the publisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back