New AFL Video Game - Part 5 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant wait for this game.

Lol who can? It's going to be an amazing game even if first time round it doesnt have ever so certain features I'm sure Online combined with bringing your own Create-A-Team online to use will last us until AFL 11 or what not. Besides moving and swapping players and creating them, this game will have tons of lasting appeal to it.

I love the enthusiasm for this game but if past incarnations are anything to go by, the game never lives up to the hype. The studios here just don't have the money of an EA to make an AFL game rival a Madden or NHL series game.

I really hope I'm wrong but it's hard to pour money into a product when your buyer market is so limited. No matter how good the game is, the international appeal would be virtually non-existant.

Hey Ross

Do all players have the same kicking action, running action, etc? eg. Will some players tuck the ball under their arm when they run while others run with the ball in both hands out in front of them?

Could care less about the answer as all I am concerned about is having fun gameplay, I am just curious and all. :D

I love the enthusiasm for this game but if past incarnations are anything to go by, the game never lives up to the hype. The studios here just don't have the money of an EA to make an AFL game rival a Madden or NHL series game.

I really hope I'm wrong but it's hard to pour money into a product when your buyer market is so limited. No matter how good the game is, the international appeal would be virtually non-existant.

Mate no one expects it to be like an EA title who dont forget have been working on them for decades now.
Plus new studio thathas no ties with the old AFL games so give em a chance and wait and see. Like most ppl on here just hoping for good gameplay so its replayable.

Mate no one expects it to be like an EA title who dont forget have been working on them for decades now.
Plus new studio thathas no ties with the old AFL games so give em a chance and wait and see. Like most ppl on here just hoping for good gameplay so its replayable.
I'm not having a dig. I'm just hoping that people aren't getting their hopes up too high and putting too many expectations on it and will be disappointed when it's not everything they want.

I'm sure it will be a good game, but I'm not going to get all excited because it will never be as good as it is in my head. I even get that with NHL (although it is getting closer to the game in my head ;)).

To be honest, I just want a more challenging experience, if Big Ant provide that, they've done really well, and if they make it visually appealing and all the extra stuff well that's just a bonus.

Am I the only one who thinks an AFL game should be released in March/April instead of at finals time? That way, each team's list will be up to date for the upcoming season, people will be excited about the upcoming season, and the game will be available for people to play "in-season", like the majority of top sporting titles out there (Madden, FIFA, etc.). Just seems a bit strange that people would clamour for an AFL game to have a September release, when all the team lists will be out of date within about 6 weeks, by which time it'll be cricket season/better weather for outdoor activities too.

Am I the only one who thinks an AFL game should be released in March/April instead of at finals time. That way, each team's list will be up to date for the upcoming season, people will be excited about the upcoming season, and the game will be available for people to play "in-season", like the majority of top sporting titles out there (Madden, FIFA, etc.). Just seems a bit strange that people would clamour for an AFL game to have a September release, when all the team lists will be out of date within about 6 weeks, by which time it'll be cricket season/better weather for outdoor activities too.

It should be released in March next year. About 2 weeks before bouncedown for the season

It would make so much sense. And i'm sticking by my prediction of that.

There has still been no playtest, no press release.

You sure he didn't say that they closed down for the weekend and will be back monday?

Are you insuating that the guys aren't working on the weekend? :)

EB *might* be confused with Red Ant that shut it's doors a while ago... but they should know better - if they pick up any of the NRL boxes they have everywhere they will see our logo on the back.... or this could be just another troll.... :)

The game will be better than the previous because, if nothing else, we care and we know the game - every lead on the project is an AFL fan and would be too ashamed to make something that they wouldn't be proud of.... even my son has said that it has to be good or he won't be able to turn up to school!

We feel the weight of the pressure being brought to bear by all, and it drives us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EB *might* be confused with Red Ant that shut it's doors a while ago... but they should know better - if they pick up any of the NRL boxes they have everywhere and you'll see our logo on the back.... or this could be just another troll.... :)

The game will be better than the previous because, if nothing else, we care and we know the game - every lead on the project is an AFL fan and would be too ashamed to make something that they wouldn't be proud of.... even my son has said that it has to be good or he won't be able to turn up to school!

We feel the weight of the pressure being brought to bear by all, and it drives us.
Great to know that Big Ant want to make a great game, I honestly dont think IR Gurus even cared after afl 2006, 2007 was basically the same game.

EB *might* be confused with Red Ant that shut it's doors a while ago... but they should know better - if they pick up any of the NRL boxes they have everywhere they will see our logo on the back.... or this could be just another troll.... :)

Its good that Big Ant is putting so much effort into the game. Also, I was wondering if goals dribbled along the ground would be incorporated into the game. This would be very cool as the modern game has seen much more use of this kick, and it has been used to the advantage sometimes. With the Windows game, will we see updates of teams, stats, stadiums after the game is released? Does the Windows game require a lot of graphics? Or will my 256MB NVIDIA do? This should be a very promising game, my mate and I would pre-order it now, just to know we would be one of the first few to get it.

Don't think that's true at all, and very unfair to insinuate.

And since actually don't know either, IR Gurus actually created a thread on here for feedback and ideas on the 2006 and 2007 game's.

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239092
http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288304

I should choose my language better... I certainly wouldn't want to insuate that the IR Guru's team didn't care... they certainly did - I know some of them personally, they worked their asses off with extreme working conditions and overtime as the team just didn't have the necessary resources required. In terms of quality control, one of the previous releases was indeed only a Beta build, the dev team were surprised that it was submitted as gold and released. At one point Film Victoria helped fund the development and held a charge over the company.

In the end most of the team got very little reward for their efforts -indeed some that went on to be contractors (not "employees") got totally shafted and paid nothing at all when Transmission was phoenixed into Trickstar....

I'm new to this and have read all the FAQ, I couldn't be more excited for this, But from Memory I remember they Released 2006/2007 cant remember which one, during the finals and I was stoked to see that out and bought it straight away, be it this final series or next year, Personally I would Love for it to be released during the final's Cause if ya worried about not get updated lists or The Sun's even tho there in the game wouldn't the DLC cover that? cause I know in Past Games say like Smackdown vs Raw 2009 you can update the lists with new Superstar's and Attire, yes I know A team is more hard to render then a Superstar but at least you have the 16 teams for say the rest of year to play with plus with the custom team and then like at end of year or start of next year have a DLC for The Suns and updated lists for the teams maybe could be a good idea?

I should choose my language better... I certainly wouldn't want to insuate that the IR Guru's team didn't care... they certainly did - I know some of them personally, they worked their asses off with extreme working conditions and overtime as the team just didn't have the necessary resources required. In terms of quality control, one of the previous releases was indeed only a Beta build, the dev team were surprised that it was submitted as gold and released. At one point Film Victoria helped fund the development and held a charge over the company.

In the end most of the team got very little reward for their efforts -indeed some that went on to be contractors (not "employees") got totally shafted and paid nothing at all when Transmission was phoenixed into Trickstar....

Which one was that? 05?

Don't be silly, there is no pressure. On a completely unrelated topic you probably should know if you fail you will be hunted haha

Very much looking forward to it.

Not sure if you will be able to answer this, but the only other game I can remember but in Fifa there is a pressure button, circle on PS3 and you hold it and the nearest defender will try and engage the guy with the ball as best they can. I used to find this helpful and zone off with another defender, will something like this be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back