New AFL Video Game - Part 6 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAnt - You know how Fevola kicked that goal over his head against collingwood this year, is there anything like that in this game?

Also what are the range of speccy's and screamers like, is it the same repetitive stuff or different every time?

appreciate the info mate :thumbsu:

The thing I wanna know is, how are the workers on afl getting paid? They have been working on this game for quite some time now, and most of your profits surely must be going to wages, for a tittle that hasn't made a cent yet u have put alot of effort time and money in, u really have balls Ross! For that u really needto nail this game and I think u will( if not already). I just hope the workers arn't on comission :|. It would also be good to see how many copies of RLL have been sold, is there anywhere to get this info ?

The thing I wanna know is, how are the workers on afl getting paid? They have been working on this game for quite some time now, and most of your profits surely must be going to wages, for a tittle that hasn't made a cent yet u have put alot of effort time and money in, u really have balls Ross! For that u really needto nail this game and I think u will( if not already). I just hope the workers arn't on comission :|. It would also be good to see how many copies of RLL have been sold, is there anywhere to get this info ?
You obviously don't have any idea how the gaming industry works, do you? The publisher pays the developer to make the game in the hope they will return profits.

Usually. the developers get paid by the publishers to make the game.

So the contract may have been 5 mill for 2 years work on the game (random numbers) and that's how the people are getting paid.

so it's the publishers financial backing that is why the game is being made.
Ok , that makes more sense now. I know that is only an example contract^ but I wonder how much/long the current contract is, and makes you think is this going to be a highly profitable game for big ant ? I mean how many sales of afl games do u think they will sell ?

Things are never so simple, we are very well supported by our publisher and we support them also. Like most business there is risk and compromise, especially when things like teams/stadia get added and there are mass retirements etc...

The publisher and Big Ant are more than happy with the sales of RLL, last weeks data has it as #1 on Ps3 chart, #1 on Xbox Chart, on the all consoles chart it was #1 (PS3) and #3 (Xbox), #2 was Metroid (Wii) which beat us out for a #1/2 finish by a few hundred units.

This weeks data looks to be the same, but Halo will dent us next week (we will likely still be #1 on PS3 only chart, #2 on Xbox chart and #2/3 on the all console charts)

i wonder if you will be able to give a 5-4-3-2-1 vote card system for your best and fairest count. it will be pretty good if you could because the winner will be the one that deserves it and not the one computer selects at randon like the brownlow as well. but you could have the computer do a 5-4-3-2-1 and then yourself do a 5-4-3-2-1 so it will keep you guessing come to the final announcement, i remember on 07' that heffernan won like 3 in a row and i played him on the hbf and the ball never went down there :s. i know big ant did not make 07 or any previous ones, but i was just sharing my view on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wonder if you will be able to give a 5-4-3-2-1 vote card system for your best and fairest count. it will be pretty good if you could because the winner will be the one that deserves it and not the one computer selects at randon like the brownlow as well. but you could have the computer do a 5-4-3-2-1 and then yourself do a 5-4-3-2-1 so it will keep you guessing come to the final announcement, i remember on 07' that heffernan won like 3 in a row and i played him on the hbf and the ball never went down there :s. i know big ant did not make 07 or any previous ones, but i was just sharing my view on it.

I like the idea, you could have the AI select the Official best and fairest awarrds for each club and have a "coach's" award as well for the club you are playing as which the player would select by voting after each game as Un4given has suggested.

Quote:
>>

The release was always previously set as 2010 however I am sure you will all understand that when we began this project there was no Gold Coast on the radar. I believe this is the right decision, the timing of the drafts, the uncertain number of Gold Coast recruits to be named later this year, amongst other things has put everyone in a very tough spot.
------------------------------------------------------

Ok so is the game going to get delayed another year because of GWS?

I understand if the bugs need to be fixed then delay the game.
To use GC17 as a reason to delay it that’s just a joke.

If the game is ready then release it with the current 2010 teams.
Put GC17 and GWS in the next version.

Quote:
>>

The release was always previously set as 2010 however I am sure you will all understand that when we began this project there was no Gold Coast on the radar. I believe this is the right decision, the timing of the drafts, the uncertain number of Gold Coast recruits to be named later this year, amongst other things has put everyone in a very tough spot.
------------------------------------------------------

Ok so is the game going to get delayed another year because of GWS?

I understand if the bugs need to be fixed then delay the game.
To use GC17 as a reason to delay it that’s just a joke.

If the game is ready then release it with the current 2010 teams.
Put GC17 and GWS in the next version.

That game was probably just not ready, any hasty release of this game will only effect it's ability to evolve in the future.

The game should be released 2 weeks prior to the AFL season when every one has 'AFL fever' when everyone's team is still in contention. The first release under Big Ant probably won't be mind blowing but if they can maximise sales then that's only going to carry forward into each version, until they are so entrenched into the market that it becomes sustainable.

I was staggered at the release timings of IR Guru's regarding the AFL game, and no doubt it only effected them in the long run.

I would of thought sales would be good because

1.Leading into xmass period.
2.During finals time.
3.Collingwood doing so well this year.

Look at the release time of halo reach and Cod black ops the peak for these games will be over xmass periods.

I posted awhile ago stating 2011, am I surpirsed, NOT
Now what about PC version? Which has always been on their site under Questions about game since they basically 1st annouced it, has that been dropped for a Wii version.
If so, one less buyer here!!

How many here think their Cirkcet game will be out first? Which actually makes sense considering Cricket season is 2 months away!

I posted awhile ago stating 2011, am I surpirsed, NOT
Now what about PC version? Which has always been on their site under Questions about game since they basically 1st annouced it, has that been dropped for a Wii version.
If so, one less buyer here!!

How many here think their Cirkcet game will be out first? Which actually makes sense considering Cricket season is 2 months away!

Ross said it was a typo, and that they are certainly developing for the PC. I know how you felt though, I was about to flip my shit seeing as I am a PC gamer first and foremost, and I don't like paying for my online :cool:

I would of thought sales would be good because

1.Leading into xmass period.
2.During finals time.
3.Collingwood doing so well this year.

Look at the release time of halo reach and Cod black ops the peak for these games will be over xmass periods.

Many people will be into Cricket but when the NAB Cup comes in Feb that's when I think it will be released as everyone is getting back into footy

When can we expect official screenshots Ross? Or were they delayed along with the game?

There will be a marketing blitz, the timing I'm not sure on - I will make sure everyone will have a very clear idea of how this game is going to look and play prior to release.... this timing is the decision of the publisher and not ourselves.

Thought i'd share my AFL memory flash game with you guys that I created back earlier in the year for school.. Tell me what you think.. I got an A for it, but there are some things i could have improved..

It might tick time over a bit lol.. See what time you can get, I think my best was like 15 secs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wsdu2f7k2vf1wk8

Thought i'd share my AFL memory flash game with you guys that I created back earlier in the year for school.. Tell me what you think.. I got an A for it, but there are some things i could have improved..

It might tick time over a bit lol.. See what time you can get, I think my best was like 15 secs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wsdu2f7k2vf1wk8

if i wanted to play memory, ill get a deck of cards out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back