New Assistant Coach Required

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=7707

Essendon assistant coaches Scott Camporeale and Ashley Prescott today advised the Club that they would step down from their positions at the end of the 2010 season. The pair plan to relocate to South Australia and Western Australia respectively, for family reasons.

Hello!!

I wonder if Bondy has any good relationships with any of the old bulldogs that are due to retire? Jonno? Eagleton?

Simon Black and Brett Kirk would be good?

Jonno - **** no, he fits the Peter Bell mould. Fantastic clubman and has all the tools but also one of the most selfish footballers i have ever seen. Wayne Carey was spot on the $$ when talking about the Dogs leadership IMO and Jonno is numero uno to blame.

Eagelton - i don't see any leadership of any great football nous from him TBH. Can play some footy and all that but we don't want guys that are major front runners on the field teaching our players.

Black - very settled in Brisbane unfortunately.

Kirk - got 4 kids in Sydney and no way would the Swans let him get away. If he wants the job there then Longmire might be just warming the seat for him.

Maybe Justin Longmuir can take a step up in his role a little?

Didn't I hear a month or so back rumours of Prescott to G.Coast? I may be muddling up my rumours. Anyway, if he does make it to Freo I think he would be a decent fit here from the very little I know. BTW the current rumours suggest WA, that doesn't exclude the Weagles which must be keen for some change too.

BTW, our Scott better not be going anywere. I rate him supper highly and of all our assistants (exceptoin of maybe Lloyd who's a genius), he's the one I want around for a good few seasons if we can manage it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember reading in 2008 that Matt was touted as a possible future coach, and that he had the respect of the (then) playing group.

Cookie? Lion-hearted player, but football savvy?

Josh - who?:thumbsdown:

Josh IMO would be the pick of the 3.
Doubt he'd come back to WA though.

I've always been a fan of Prescott as a coach.

What about David King? Apparently he's pretty good. Inexperienced but has got the nouse.

If Dean Laidley misses out on a top job, I'd go after him with vigour, although I suspect the Weagles will beat us to him.
I wonder if Bondy has any good relationships with any of the old bulldogs that are due to retire? Jonno? Eagleton?

Simon Black and Brett Kirk would be good?

Just saying to mate (Eagles member) the other day I'd hate to see Laidley get the gig over there. I like Laidley and want it stay that way.:)

If we could lure him to Freo I'd be happy. Our Club could use a Balga boy to help plan the unexpected. Deano ticks all the boxes.

Between him and Harvey I get a mental image of the brothers grim at media conferences.

Wallis is apparently looking to return home...
Well if that's the case we need a true classy former player with all the nous and cunning of an albino lion

clivev.jpg

- Clive the gig is yours !!

How about Robert Walls - or Grant Thomas - or Denis Pagan. All quality individuals with masses of experience and healthy respect for WA footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Assistant Coach Required

Remove this Banner Ad

Back