diehard pie

Senior List
Apr 5, 2005
some where else
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
aussies, bushrangers
With the Clement shocker and Bucks uncertain, who's our next skipper?
Fraser is the obvious one but I'd rather see him concentrate on form (plus the recent ruck/captain curse)

Lockyer?
Maybe fast track Heater?
Or -dread the thought- co-captains...

Nick Maxwell, an animal on the field.
Heath Shaw to fasttrack maybe?
Ben Johnson if he stays?
Josh Fraser - god forbid, but possible.
Shane O'Bree - a smoky
Scott Burns - a great honour for the last year of a great servant.
Tarkyn Lockyer - possibly
Anthony Rocca - stranger things have happened

With the retirement of Clement and Buckley more than likely to give it up but not retire. I think it will go to Nick Maxwell.

Flame me if you like, but BJ won't get it, neither will Fraser. Tarkyn might be chance but if it was me it would be Maxwell. He is as important to this group as anyone. From what I've heard his behind the scenes stuff is just outstanding. He is very vocal, and leads by example. His tackle on Rooke on Friday was a CAPTAINS tackle. He would grow in to the job, not shy away like Fraser has done from leadership duties.

You want a leader who does ALL the 1%'s then Maxwell is your man.

Since Jimy retired i cant see bucks going too buti believe he will hand over caotaincy this year, so....

Maxy or heath MM will go with youth and these two are the best candidates.

Im leaning towards maxy as heath himself said he cant concentrate in team meetings, but both would be awesome captains, both hard as nails, both team first, both fan favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contenders:

Lockyer (vice captain back in 2002)
Johnson
Maxwell

Lockyer may have missed the boat with his leadership aspirations, Johnson isn't a guarantee for our best 22 long term, so that leaves Maxwell.

I don't believe in elevating kids to the captaincy, anyone under 22 I don't beleive should be in the running.

Nick Maxwell - 2008 Premiership Captain.

I would like to eventually see Cloke made captain.

Not yet, but in the future.

For now, Fraser. It may just turn his footy around. Some players thrive under leadership, and he seems stale.

Cloke captain. Hmm could work thrives in pressure games (all finals anzac day etc), is vocal, can kick aninspirational goal (gave us the lead friday night wasnt his fault),and does the team things some of his bumps and tackels are fanatsic.

Still prefer maxy but could work

Rocca would be ok, but problem is that he WAS a vice, and with Bucks and jimmy spending alot of time out, they looked elsewhere for the stand in skipper.

Which makes me think they'll do the same again.

Maxwell for sure. Best leader at the club excluding the great man.

He would be a fantastic captain. Heath Shaw may get a crack down the track at some stage. I think BJ would love it but is just a bit nervy around the media and it might effect his performance.
Rocca - NO!!!!
Burns - Would be great but we need a captain that will be captain for at least the next few years.

Fraser - NO!!! Seems to me that his heart wouldn't be in it. He already pulled out of the leadership group .. so why would we make him captain.
Tarkyn - Maybe!
Cloke - Too much pressure for him early.

^^ Is just my opinion tho....:D

(Does anyone know where I can get footage of Maxys tackle on Rooke. Most amazing thing I've ever seen. Love his aggression.)

Might be a bit too soon but if we have no obvious choice i wouldnt mind us thinking of giving the captaincy to Thomas ... he could be a 10-12 year captain and lead the dynasty. He is a franchise player ... someone we could build the club around. He speaks very well in the media and seems to have the respect of the players.

Its a bit out there but worth consideration

Remove this Banner Ad

New Captain?!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back