News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I didn’t want to make a complete fool of you but I will if you like ,,,,you point to successful orgs putting in place succession plans .
The RFC would clearly be the greatest success story of the last 10y , from moderate to record membership , from paupers to top 3 wealthiest clubs , turnover now > 100mn and did I mention triple premiership glory
The insider that’s a leading candidate has had a senior role throughout this period of unparalleled success , wtf do you call him the office copier boy ,,,,doh, I didnt fink of dat ,,,,ok I’ll leave it at that
Piss and wind doesn’t count as an argument just cold hard facts , cheers
While being a CMO at club during a period of premiership success is commendable, it does not necessarily qualify Matthews for the CEO position. In the unique context of sports clubs, success is often more a reflection of the team's performance, coaching, and recruitment strategies rather than the broader organisational management.

Clubs operate differently from traditional businesses. The primary drivers of success are player talent, coaching staff expertise, and strategic decisions made by the football department. While the CMO's role is crucial in building the brand and engaging with fans, these achievements do not directly translate into the complex responsibilities of a CEO nor do they lead to on field success. A CEO must oversee all aspects of the club, including financial management, operations, and strategic planning, which extend far beyond marketing and fan engagement.

While the Matthews might have demonstrated success in their specific domain, this does not guarantee the comprehensive skill set necessary to lead the entire organisation. Therefore, while the Matthews was at the club during a successful period, that fact does not inherently qualify him as the best candidate for the CEO role, especially in the unique environment of a football club where on field performance plays a pivotal role.

The RFC would clearly be the greatest success story of the last 10y , from moderate to record membership , from paupers to top 3 wealthiest clubs , turnover now > 100mn and did I mention triple premiership glory
The insider that’s a leading candidate has had a senior role throughout this period of unparalleled success , wtf do you call him the office copier boy ,,,,doh, I didnt fink of dat ,,,,ok I’ll leave it at that
This here reads as "Well Matthews was there when Gale was there and we had a great period of success. Therefore, he is the clear best candidate. It would be idiotic not to continue with success". I could use your illiterate ramblings as a justification that Richmond were absolutely idiotic for not hiring McQualter as the new head coach. I mean McQualter was "the insider that’s a leading candidate has had a senior role throughout this period of unparalleled success , wtf do you call him the office copier boy ,,,,doh, I didnt fink of dat"

I will concede this though, you did embarrass me. I thought the general public had greater critical thinking skills. Looks like I have egg on my face.

While being a CMO at club during a period of premiership success is commendable, it does not necessarily qualify Matthews for the CEO position. In the unique context of sports clubs, success is often more a reflection of the team's performance, coaching, and recruitment strategies rather than the broader organisational management.

Clubs operate differently from traditional businesses. The primary drivers of success are player talent, coaching staff expertise, and strategic decisions made by the football department. While the CMO's role is crucial in building the brand and engaging with fans, these achievements do not directly translate into the complex responsibilities of a CEO nor do they lead to on field success. A CEO must oversee all aspects of the club, including financial management, operations, and strategic planning, which extend far beyond marketing and fan engagement.

While the Matthews might have demonstrated success in their specific domain, this does not guarantee the comprehensive skill set necessary to lead the entire organisation. Therefore, while the Matthews was at the club during a successful period, that fact does not inherently qualify him as the best candidate for the CEO role, especially in the unique environment of a football club where on field performance plays a pivotal role.

This here reads as "Well Matthews was there when Gale was there and we had a great period of success. Therefore, he is the clear best candidate. It would be idiotic not to continue with success". I could use your illiterate ramblings as a justification that Richmond were absolutely idiotic for not hiring McQualter as the new head coach. I mean McQualter was "the insider that’s a leading candidate has had a senior role throughout this period of unparalleled success , wtf do you call him the office copier boy ,,,,doh, I didnt fink of dat"

I will concede this though, you did embarrass me. I thought the general public had greater critical thinking skills. Looks like I have egg on my face.
That is true to an extent however you could also apply that even more so to some of the candidates with football backgrounds over business background , the board made up of a fairly diverse group would know better than bystanders of internal candidates skill set relative to external candidates , after all they’ve scoped the job description

That is true to an extent however you could also apply that even more so to some of the candidates with football backgrounds over business background , the board made up of a fairly diverse group would know better than bystanders of internal candidates skill set relative to external candidates , after all they’ve scoped the job description
The job description the club prepared for the senior coaching gig was hot garbage so let’s hope they’ve done better this time around

Q...So how do you connect with a 100,000 members...?!?
A...Durrrr...but I did like watching the GOAT playing at Geelong!
Did he really say that?

If we are going to go with an internal candidate I would prefer it to be Shane Dunne over Mathews

If we are going to go with an internal candidate I would prefer it to be Shane Dunne over Mathews
how about sack them all and get someone from the scats so the cfl fawns over us

Gale said yesterday that they had identified key issues that caused us to be below where we should be.

I will put this out there. Gale is a tiger forever and I don't think he'll ever be Tassie like he bleeds yellow and black. That's why he didn't get the AFL gigg.

So all the BS from Barrett is what it is.

We to the draft this year and next. We give Yze the assistance he needs. We get a good CEO.

Three flags by 2035

Gale said yesterday that they had identified key issues that caused us to be below where we should be.

I will put this out there. Gale is a tiger forever and I don't think he'll ever be Tassie like he bleeds yellow and black. That's why he didn't get the AFL gigg.

We to the draft this year and next. We give Yze the assistance he needs. We get a good CEO.

Three flags by 2035

The usual. :)

Three flags by 2035
yeah, they realised they jumped the shark and made poor decisions across the board from 2021 to 2024.

Gale is jumping ship while it goes down.

Like A Boss Ship GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three flags by 2035

This. Give the man some respect for what he did for our club over 20+ years

Latitude are a dodgy pay day lender under investigation for a huge data breach. Hardly blue chip.
High interest rates as well more than usual. Still believe who ever the CEO is should bring CommBank as a sponsor.

Imagine thinking Latitude is blue chip 😂
ASX 200 co you idiot imagine thinking just because a company has a data breach it means they’re not blue chip oh my, you guys never cease to amaze me , if business act your thing don’t comment and I won’t tell u how to change a tap washer

ASX 200 co you idiot imagine thinking just because a company has a data breach it means they’re not blue chip oh my, you guys never cease to amaze me , if business act your thing don’t comment and I won’t tell u how to change a tap washer

Hahaha

First off, I didn’t comment on data breach stuff.

Second, no they are not blue chip. They are a secondary pay lender who are under the banks.

Working in Finance for actual blue chip organisations for 30 years, I would have some idea.

Latitude is an outsourced financial agency. If you are stupid enough to use them, good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back