News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Interviews have ended and decision I believe has been made. Now doing the final process to get the candidate of choice in.
Someone already in the CFL system , would never let an outsider in in case the sunlight comes in

Interviews have ended and decision I believe has been made. Now doing the final process to get the candidate of choice in.
Hopefully someone outside the club, one of the two Geelong blokes.

At least the wheels are still seemingly turning with changes to our football department happening and even before the end of the season
The news of Caracella today is evidence of that

Plenty of discussion here about Caro’s Arrow. Here it is for anyone who hasn’t seen it.

lol get a grip Caro. Everyone can see there’s reasons for where we are. Judge the club on how it responds not now.

Hopefully someone outside the club, one of the two Geelong blokes.
Was thinking that perhaps the reason this is dragging its feet is that leading candidate is at a club likely to go deep , out of respect they didn’t want the disruption. My thoughts are if internal it would have been handed over by now

My info was he was interviewed at AFL house but like you, I’ve heard he’s somehow been speaking to our club. About CEO? Not sure.
Wright is a dud. Pray we don’t get him.

Gave up way overs for Wingard, O”Meara and Mitchell when at the Hawks. Butchered the departures of Hodge and Lewis and sent the club tumbling down the ladder. Then went to Lollingwood and gave up their 1st rounder for Schulz and gave Ginny away for heck all.

Way over rated.

Also not a CEOs ahole. Has spent his whole career in recruiting and list management

A few have been hinting at Graham Wright as a smokey
Surely it'd be too late in the process for him to be given the CEO role given the search has been going on for months and hes been in europe on holiday, maybe he joins us in some other capacity but can't see it being as CEO.

Surely it'd be too late in the process for him to be given the CEO role given the search has been going on for months and hes been in europe on holiday, maybe he joins us in some other capacity but can't see it being as CEO.

No way as ceo. Maybe head of the FD.

Matthews will get it

A few have been hinting at Graham Wright as a smokey
My concern would be that he has no experience with the off-field stuff, and that's arguably more important for the CEO role imo.

Would be difficult to bring him in as footy boss without demoting or moving on Blair Hartley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright is a dud. Pray we don’t get him.

Gave up way overs for Wingard, O”Meara and Mitchell when at the Hawks. Butchered the departures of Hodge and Lewis and sent the club tumbling down the ladder. Then went to Lollingwood and gave up their 1st rounder for Schulz and gave Ginny away for heck all.

Way over rated.

Also not a CEOs ahole. Has spent his whole career in recruiting and list management
Wouldn’t even be shortlisted , if he was I’d hold grave fears,,,,if I was a betting man one of the geelong blokes must be right in the frame

I think an announcement is iminent.

Excuse Me What GIF by Biden Inauguration Committee

Was thinking that perhaps the reason this is dragging its feet is that leading candidate is at a club likely to go deep , out of respect they didn’t want the disruption. My thoughts are if internal it would have been handed over by now
Internal upgrades haven’t exactly worked well recently for us - hope the new person has a plan to bring back the strong and bold way of doing things

Remove this Banner Ad

News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back